+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff Council are killing the City.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cardiff Council are killing the City.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Are you taking the piss? Just about every bus out of Cardiff goes down that road under normal circumstances.
    True, on a match day it’s going to be a bit of a hike from the Kingsway area to Wood St to get the football bus, it’s caused problems, no doubt about it.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    True, on a match day it’s going to be a bit of a hike from the Kingsway area to Wood St to get the football bus, it’s caused problems, no doubt about it.
    300 yards.... i suppose that's an extra pint for some

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post

300 yards from Kingsway to Wood St??? My one mate has a gammy leg, due to a horrific road accident, Kingsway to Wood St is a fair old dap, even worse if it’s pissing down.

300 yards from Kingsway to Wood St??? My one mate has a gammy leg, due to a horrific road accident, Kingsway to Wood St is a fair old dap, even worse if it’s pissing down.
    Aren't the buses going to come in the back way, via Tudor Rd? I'm sure they will.

Aren't the buses going to come in the back way, via Tudor Rd? I'm sure they will.
    What buses?

What buses?
    Big ****ing orange ones.

Tudor Rd is a continuation of Wood St in effect over Wood St Bridge, doesn’t help the walk from or to Kingsway or Greyfriars Rd.

Tudor Rd is a continuation of Wood St in effect over Wood St Bridge, doesn’t help the walk from or to Kingsway or Greyfriars Rd.
    Then wont the buses that used to use Castle St to get to Wood St, now go down Tudor Rd Via Grangetown? I would've thought that there will be somethig put in place. Maybe people on here should get onto their local councillor or AM if it's causing them that many problems.

Then wont the buses that used to use Castle St to get to Wood St, now go down Tudor Rd Via Grangetown? I would've thought that there will be somethig put in place. Maybe people on here should get onto their local councillor or AM if it's causing them that many problems.
    What? From East and North Cardiff you reckon they should somehow get to Tudor Rd from Newport Rd and North Rd, the East Cardiff buses would need to turn by the Blind Institute, turn right, go past the gaol, turn left off Bute Terrace into Bute St, turn right into Callaghan Square, go over Penarth Rd Bridge, turn right onto Taff Embankment, left by the old Avana bakery, then right into Clare Rd and onto Tudor Rd, wow! and anyone who wanted to get off on Dumfries Place or Greyfriars Rd for Queen St shopping would have to plan their route March. The ones from North Rd would have to turn left into Boulevard de Nantes (in front of the Civic Centre) carry onto Dumfries Place, making its way onto Newport Rd before getting to the Blind Institute and following the above East Cardiff bus route.

What about north Cardiff, pentwyn, ponprenau (spelling). How do those old people access the station ?????

C’mon now Tuerto, all this ‘Get in touch or email your councillor’ is a load of bollocks, if we got in touch with ‘whoever’s supposed to be in charge’ that’d be the end of this messageboard. Anyway, you asked the above bus route questioned and were answered quite thoroughly yet you didn’t come back with an alternative solution route wise. But then again, you drive down the ever more congested Western Avenue to reach town or The City creating traffic chaos on Penhill, Llandaff Rd and Cathedral Rd with everyone heading in the same direction because there’s no other way to go.

C’mon now Tuerto, all this ‘Get in touch or email your councillor’ is a load of bollocks, if we got in touch with ‘whoever’s supposed to be in charge’ that’d be the end of this messageboard. Anyway, you asked the above bus route questioned and were answered quite thoroughly yet you didn’t come back with an alternative solution route wise. But then again, you drive down the ever more congested Western Avenue to reach town or The City creating traffic chaos on Penhill, Llandaff Rd and Cathedral Rd with everyone heading in the same direction because there’s no other way to go.
    How can i get back with alternative routes-how many ****ing routes are there? I asked a question-because i don't have the answer, it's not for me to provide a route, simply because i think something is ok, that doesn't mean that i have to come up with the solutions, that's not my job.

How can i get back with alternative routes-how many ****ing routes are there? I asked a question-because i don't have the answer, it's not for me to provide a route, simply because i think something is ok, that doesn't mean that i have to come up with the solutions, that's not my job.
    There are 3 MAIN routes into Cardiff City Centre.

1) Newport Road------ Serving, Roath, Rumney, Llanrumney, St Mellons

2) North Road---------Serving, Birchgrove, Llanishen, Lisvane, Thornhill

3) Cowbridge Road---Serving, Canton, Ely, and anything else in the west.

All 3 are shut down, so ANYONE, from ANYWHERE, who want to take public transport across our City, has to traipse across the city centre, with, bags, kids, disabled etc,etc,etc.

And YES, I have been in touch with a councilor.

We are not a Coventry, Birmingham, or York, type of City. We are a coastal City, with limited access roads into it's centre, shut them off and you kill it.

As SplottParker, and others have pointed out, all traffic going down Western Avenue, left onto (single lane) Cardiff Road, is asking for trouble.

Out of interest, what route do you take to the football under normal circumstances?

Out of interest, what route do you take to the football under normal circumstances?
    i go down western Avenue, through Canton.

i go down western Avenue, through Canton.
    It's not an issue at the moment for obvious reasons, but getting to the CCS from our neck of the woods is going to be a trial if they close Castle Street permanently. It's often difficult enough as it is. If the option of going through the city centre is removed, Western Avenue will be busy to say the least.

It's not an issue at the moment for obvious reasons, but getting to the CCS from our neck of the woods is going to be a trial if they close Castle Street permanently. It's often difficult enough as it is. If the option of going through the city centre is removed, Western Avenue will be busy to say the least.
    You're probably right, i'll have to leave 20 minutes earlier

You're probably right, i'll have to leave 20 minutes earlier
    It's always very busy on match days, especially midweek, but the Butchers minibus is OK as it uses the bus lanes.

They'll be ****ed now, although when it actually becomes an issue is anyone's guess.