+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Graham Potter's thoughts on how to succeed as a manager - and why some of City's recent managers may have failed.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Graham Potter's thoughts on how to succeed as a manager - and why some of City's recent managers may have failed.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I don't know, results only started to dip from that Liverpool game on and up until that point were averaging about a point a game, that would have kept us up fairly comfortably
    our xg stats suggested we were the worst team in the league from the start - it usually catches up with you in the end.

we might not have finished bottom under Malky but I think we would still have gone down.

Re: Graham Potter's thoughts on how to succeed as a manager - and why some of City's recent managers may have failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    our xg stats suggested we were the worst team in the league from the start - it usually catches up with you in the end.
    'From the start'? Is that so? Even after we beat Man City in the opening game?
    My memory is that we had a slightly easier run-in of fixtures to the end of the season after MM was dismissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    My memory is that we had a slightly easier run-in of fixtures to the end of the season after MM was dismissed.
    lol Malky was sacked on the 27th December, I think the run in was the same as everyone elses

lol Malky was sacked on the 27th December, I think the run in was the same as everyone elses
    I knew that, but I think our home games in the second half of the season were easier (on paper at least).
    All academic now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    We had a pretty easy run in at the end of the season - West Brom, Palace, Southampton, Stoke, Sunderland, Newcastle, Chelsea. Picked up 5 points and got embarrassed in back to back humiliations in the North East

we might not have finished bottom under Malky but I think we would still have gone down.
    That's a surprise, I don't recall us ever looking massively out of our depth under Mackay

Under Malky we were getting progressively deeper every week to the stage we were practically defending on our goal line at Anfield! Despite the bright start and a few decent results at home, we were only going in one direction, Ole got us there in a different way.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatty Thornton View Post
    Under Malky we were getting progressively deeper every week to the stage we were practically defending on our goal line at Anfield! Despite the bright start and a few decent results at home, we were only going in one direction, Ole got us there in a different way.
    Totally agree, I wanted him gone after Villa away, didn’t even try and win that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatty Thornton View Post
    We were dreadful under Malky in the promotion season and limped over the line.
    I believe we were going down under him he didn't have what it takes.
    He's more or less been shit everywhere he's been since to..

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    We were dreadful under Malky in the promotion season and limped over the line.
    That's just not true. City won the first ten home games of the season, led the league for most of it and were unbeaten for the final eight games, although a number of these were drawn.