+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bellamy

Re: Bellamy

At least we wouldn't be bored. I'd love to see how it would go.

Managers don't stick around long anyway.

Not going to happen given how things ended for him here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    So Bellamy had a career plan then which involved coming to City and maximising the opportunities presented to him?

We're holding him to account for having that audacity?
    Read what I post before commenting, might be better moving forward. Some fans hold him up as a good manager due to the fact they see it as some big home coming. I've pointed out that this is bollox as he's a big Liverpool fan. That's it, if you want to argue whether footballers are mercenaries or not I'm sure someone else will oblige

Originally I thought he would make a poor manager as he has the knack of falling out with people and was/is a volatile character that would not be a good fit for developing youth or getting the best out of senior players. However, he has played for the best team in the land, has worked with youth at Anderlecht - a team who prides itself on developing players and has worked alongside Vincent Kompany who by all accounts has done a good job in Belgium. I'm now coming around to the view that Bellamy should be given a chance at some point.

He's unlikely to leave a job in a City which he is obviously attached to and has the drive and knowledge to develop youth and get the best out of the limited players we have at our club. It's worth a shot at some point - but not necessarily now - especially if we become seriously threatened with relegation. However, first I would like to see any managerial change accompanied by changes at the top in the whole way in which the club buys and develops players.

For those who don't understand him or doubt his credentials read his autobiography. It's s great read and shows you why he has everything we need right now in a manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    For those who don't understand him or doubt his credentials read his autobiography. It's s great read and shows you why he has everything we need right now in a manager.
    Just read the WOL article and it seems to me that he needs to get off the pity pot…feeling sorry for himself for working away from his family and needing counselling fcuck me he needs a reality check of what normal folks daily struggles are currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Just read the WOL article and it seems to me that he needs to get off the pity pot…feeling sorry for himself for working away from his family and needing counselling fcuck me he needs a reality check of what normal folks daily struggles are currently.
    So you haven't read the autobiography. Read that for a true image of the guy where he is forthright on both his pluses and negatives.

So you haven't read the autobiography. Read that for a true image of the guy where he is forthright on both his pluses and negatives.
    To be honest Barry his autobiography don't interest me so I wouldn't read it.

great read

Yes he was a Liverpool fan growing up, plenty were his age from all over the UK ( can hardly beat him with that stick ) BUT City were his 2nd team, the 2nd result he looked at

When he came to us, it was a bit of a dream for him, playing for his hometown club, helping us get promoted

the guy does hold CCFC close to his heart, we have heard that from numerous sources

He did a good job with the youth set-up here, maybe some of his coaching methods were not upto todays " sensitive techniques "
    Kompany appears to rate him, which must mean something, maybe he has learnt from his time with us

would he make a good manager for us ? ? ? lets be honest at times we are a basket case of a club, so why the hell not give it a whirl

To be honest Barry his autobiography don't interest me so I wouldn't read it.
    Why not?

Do you have any knowledge of mental health issues?

So rich, successful people can’t have problems?
    I’m sure that’ll comfort the families of people like Gary Speed, Robin Williams, Kurt Cobain, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    I’m sure that’ll comfort the families of people like Gary Speed, Robin Williams, Kurt Cobain, etc.
    That's why I asked him about his understanding of mental health issues.

You can have all the money in the world and it won't necessarily help you with them

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    I don’t think it matters if he’s a Cardiff fan or not. When was the last time that we had a manager who was a fan?
    He got as far as assistant manager at Anderlecht, so he must have some ability.
    He quite probably needs some out of the game, though, or else he would surely have stayed at Anderlecht.
    I see him as misunderstood and I wish him well in his recovery.
    He was one of the manager's assistants. Being a good assistant doesn't make you a good boss. All you have to do is look at his CV to see that stability and continuity are not his strong points.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    They appear to have more than normal folks….

All relative isn't it. A working class man in the UK lives like a king compared to others around the world. Both can have their demons.

****ing hell this place and its attitude toward mental health.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    They appear to have more than normal folks….
    No, they’re reported on more often due to their fame. Not really headline news if it was Joe Bloggs with mental health issues.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    He was one of the manager's assistants. Being a good assistant doesn't make you a good boss. All you have to do is look at his CV to see that stability and continuity are not his strong points.
    Have to agree with this I'm afraid.

He will have learned much from his time with V. Kompany to add to his wealth of experience in the game over many years, he would definitely be an asset to any club.

I do hope he has a future in the game "proper" and not as a Lineker Shearer type who spend their time critiquing player, manager, official and fan like they are some kind of all knowing football super gurus.
    Yes, he is straight talking and even though it seems to be in vogue to be the opposite these days, the game needs it.

It has become far too passive over the last decade or so, at the elite level especially, and I would like to see more players have the same desire and will to succeed as Bellamy had when he played.

I see him as a very good number two but I doubt very much he'd cut it as the main man.
    Too much of a risk.
    I would like to be proved wrong and maybe given a chance, just not here.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Read what I post before commenting, might be better moving forward. Some fans hold him up as a good manager due to the fact they see it as some big home coming. I've pointed out that this is bollox as he's a big Liverpool fan. That's it, if you want to argue whether footballers are mercenaries or not I'm sure someone else will oblige
    I'm not looking for a debate but you initially mentioned Bellamy was a mercenary and thought it was a strange gripe?

I'll stand corrected if I'm wrong?

Love, hugs and xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    I think whisperer knows more about it than most

I have no idea who the guy is, but if you're insinuating he has history with mental health yet decides to make shitty comments like that then I don't know what to say.

Why because he had issues himself? I don’t think that’s how it works

In terms of Bellamy I’d love to let him have a try. Whenever I’ve heard him on sky sports or on a podcast he talks about the style of football to play etc he comes across quite knowledgeable and progressive.

Did a good job with the youth team at Anderlecht too apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    I work with mental health everyday - grave schizophrenia, Bi-polar, PDSD etc etc etc. how I read it was he's missing his family because of having to work away from home. First thoughts were HGV drivers working away from home eating bad food pissing in hedges and all the rest of it. then we got folk who work 12 hour shifts and having to go to food banks on the weekend. For me it sounded like self pity and jumping on the mental health wagon ( it's in vogue these days) lots do it....Bellamy could well afford to have the family near him in Belgium.

Why not?
    Because he's a character that don't inspire me.