Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
McDonnell and Corbyn as far as a lot of the electorate particularly English people are concerned come with baggage that the English media went on and on about, terrorist sympathisers, Marxists, get rid of the Queen etc etc - sensational headlines, damning the pair of them, I actually agree with them on all those things the media crucify them on, so what can one do ?, not stand up for what one believes in or something.
This is kind of the nub of it in my opinion.

I think we probably share similar underlying political principles.

Personally, I believe in the majority of the concepts contained in Labours manifesto. I don't for a second believe that the majority of UK voters are going to go for it - especially when the vision is being sold by an old bloke squinting at the camera through wonky glasses.

I feel a bit bad typing that last bit as appearances shouldn't matter, but when it comes to elections they do.

I know it's going to be unpopular with some, but I believe Labour should decide what is electorally achievable, and stick to that.

Sticking by one's principles is laudable, but what help is that to some poor bugger spending the night in a cardboard box.