+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Who would have Warnock back?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Who would have Warnock back?

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    We are no better now, arguably worse, than when Warnock was sacked. But when a Warnock Mk 2 is appointed what should be expect? There has been zero progress; we look disjointed, we are still hoofing the ball, we are persevering with Glazel who is poor and we desperately need a midfielder who can run with the ball and do anything with it that doesn't involve the hit and hope style we play. Would I have Warnock back? Possibly.
    We certainly aren't worse than we were at this stage last season. We were lucky to have won any games at all having relied on late winners (96th and 88th minute) against Luton and Huddersfield and an own goal at home to Middlesbrough. We'd also been ripped apart by a Reading side who'd go on to finish 15th and had a calamitous start away at Wigan

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    We certainly aren't worse than we were at this stage last season. We were lucky to have won any games at all having relied on late winners (96th and 88th minute) against Luton and Huddersfield and an own goal at home to Middlesbrough. We'd also been ripped apart by a Reading side who'd go on to finish 15th and had a calamitous start away at Wigan
    I am sure you are correct statistically. However, my thinking was our style of play is no better or arguably worse. Even at the moment we can win or draw games but the style of play is poor as many of the others on here have said.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I am sure you are correct statistically. However, my thinking was our style of play is no better or arguably worse. Even at the moment we can win or draw games but the style of play is poor as many of the others on here have said.
    We aren't worse now than we were then.

We aren't Barcelona now, but at least we're trying to move on to a more passing based game (which we are, but it will take time). We were getting poor results under Warnock and playing the same hoofball crap that dominated much of his reign