+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Labour Party Is Finished And Must Merge With Others To Challenge Tories

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Labour Party Is Finished And Must Merge With Others To Challenge Tories

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    What Labour need to work out is why this happened :

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9249936.html
    Brexit and the full frontal assault from the media on their leader for 4 years most likely

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Brexit and the full frontal assault from the media on their leader for 4 years most likely
    And by his own Party-Twice. This country is getting incredibly right wing. I don't know what the answer is. The media ridicule real Left Wing politicians, their own party members do the same. This is just Left Wing mind, we're not talking about Trotskyists. Blair was more Tory than the Tories, he effectively nicked the tories knickers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    And by his own Party-Twice. This country is getting incredibly right wing. I don't know what the answer is. The media ridicule real Left Wing politicians, their own party members do the same. This is just Left Wing mind, we're not talking about Trotskyists. Blair was more Tory than the Tories, he effectively nicked the tories knickers.
    This isn’t just aimed at you, but the Labour/left wing posters in this thread sound like they see the opposite side in the party as the enemy, not the party that have been in power since 2010 - it’s no wonder Labour have lost the last four elections.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    This isn’t just aimed at you, but the Labour/left wing posters in this thread sound like they see the opposite side in the party as the enemy, not the party that have been in power since 2010 - it’s no wonder Labour have lost the last four elections.
    This isn't aimed at you, but plenty of centrist/right labour voters see the labour left as the enemy, you make it sound like it's us who are the aggressors. It most certainly is the other way round.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    This isn't aimed at you, but plenty of centrist/right labour voters see the labour left as the enemy, you make it sound like it's us who are the aggressors. It most certainly is the other way round.
    I’m not saying that, it’s the same on both sides. What I would say about the Labour left though is that it looks sometimes as if they’re happier to be on the outside looking in when it comes to governing the country.

I’m not arguing for one side or the other, I’d just like to see the party doing less fighting amongst itself and give the country a realistic alternative to what I believe is a mediocre crop of Conservative politicians who probably cannot believe their luck that the official opposition is doing so little opposing.