+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Praying For Armageddon , American Fundamental Christians , BBC Four , 10 pm

Re: Praying For Armageddon , American Fundamental Christians , BBC Four , 10 pm

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    His question is about atheists, not agnostics
    It also answers that question if you read it carefully.

Do atheists know there is no God or do they believe there is no God?

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Havnt you already asked that?

Maybe so, but did anyone answer it?

('I don't know' would be better than nothing).

Quote Originally Posted by truthpaste View Post

I believe what we really need is a poll. I know what my vote would be!

Well my answer would be there is nothing after death at all

Nothing

We know there is no god in the same way you know there is one.

Quote Originally Posted by stevo View Post
    We know there is no god in the same way you know there is one.
    A lack of engagement is the only constant from the majority of agnostics here; yet ironically agnostics by definition don't know!

[Agnostic: someone who does not know, or believes that it is impossible to know, if a god exists].

Yes, sorry, a senior moment I think! Forgot it's on the previous page.

Yes, sorry, a senior moment I think! Forgot it's on the previous page.
    Easily done. It's a shame nobody can muster a decent answer, even by accident

A lack of engagement is the only constant from the majority of agnostics here; yet ironically agnostics by definition don't know!

[Agnostic: someone who does not know, or believes that it is impossible to know, if a god exists].
    I think most people just get tired talking about something that doesn't exist

It's understandable really

At least we KNOW cardiff city are crap as we can see it with our own eyes

Easily done. It's a shame nobody can muster a decent answer, even by accident
    I assume that as no-one can prove there is no God, then atheists can only believe there is no God i.e. they have a faith based belief?

I assume that as no-one can prove there is no God, then atheists can only believe there is no God i.e. they have a faith based belief?
    Assume or believe what you like but it is pretty dull to constantly demand someone else proves a negative.

Life is too short to indulge that kind of nonsense and the semantic knots that go with it.

I think most people just get tired talking about something that doesn't exist

It's understandable really

At least we KNOW cardiff city are crap as we can see it with our own eyes
    I am certainly getting tired of snake oil salesmen demanding that non believers in snake oil spend time and effort debating the best recipes for snake oil.

If someone is happy sounding off on the elixir of life, that is fine if it gives them a sense of purpose and a warm glow - but for those of us who don’t accept the magic potion theory, it is pointless and tedious.

Shhhhh, they don't like the word 'believe' or 'faith' - even though the former is mentioned all the time by the individuals who present their chosen alternative.... 'science'.

We can prove that if you mix a naked flame and petrol you get a fire 🔥

That's science

That's not belief or faith ......its a fact

You are asked to give facts and evidence that there is a God.........and all you can do is say is quote stuff that is in a book

Saying God has come into your life is no more evidence of his existence than saying you have seen a ghost

If you asked me to prove to you that drinking washing up liquid would make make me sick then I could do it

Science is not perfect but it trumps faith and belief all the time

We don't know WHY drinking coca cola is safer than drinking washing up liquid but it's a scientific fact ......both are man made , one makes you vomit 🤮

But when we ask for a fact or evidence to prove that God exists here and now ......you can't do it.....believing he exists is not proof

In all the time he's been around and in the time since Jesus died and apparently came back from the dead nobody who has lost a parent or a friend has evidence that this person has been reborn or is in heaven

But your belief is that Jesus was reborn and that there is a heaven

If I was God then I would be regularly making sure that the whole world was being shown evidence of him , his existence and the afterlife

In the same way that a new cancer drug has to prove it works before doctors use it

It's a very simple plea but it's never answered or excuses are made

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Assume or believe what you like but it is pretty dull to constantly demand someone else proves a negative.

Life is too short to indulge that kind of nonsense and the semantic knots that go with it.
    With respect, I don't think I am guilty of the charge of constantly demanding someone else proves a negative! The thought just came into my mind so hence I asked the question about faith based belief. It surely has to apply to atheists as much as Christians I'd have thought, but I'm happy to leave it there.

With respect, I don't think I am guilty of the charge of constantly demanding someone else proves a negative! The thought just came into my mind so hence I asked the question about faith based belief. It surely has to apply to atheists as much as Christians I'd have thought, but I'm happy to leave it there.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

Semantic knots and quotes from a book are evidence and proof

They are not of course but it's never going to get any better

We can prove that if you mix a naked flame and petrol you get a fire ��

That's science

That's not belief or faith ......its a fact

You are asked to give facts and evidence that there is a God.........and all you can do is say is quote stuff that is in a book

Saying God has come into your life is no more evidence of his existence than saying you have seen a ghost

If you asked me to prove to you that drinking washing up liquid would make make me sick then I could do it

Science is not perfect but it trumps faith and belief all the time

We don't know WHY drinking coca cola is safer than drinking washing up liquid but it's a scientific fact ......both are man made , one makes you vomit ��

But when we ask for a fact or evidence to prove that God exists here and now ......you can't do it.....believing he exists is not proof

In all the time he's been around and in the time since Jesus died and apparently came back from the dead nobody who has lost a parent or a friend has evidence that this person has been reborn or is in heaven

But your belief is that Jesus was reborn and that there is a heaven

If I was God then I would be regularly making sure that the whole world was being shown evidence of him , his existence and the afterlife

In the same way that a new cancer drug has to prove it works before doctors use it

It's a very simple plea but it's never answered or excuses are made
    Thanks for raising these points....

Science v The Bible is now a new thread, I will answer your points (made here on this subject) on that new thread as time allows