+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: Thursday's meeting at the CCS

Re: Thursday's meeting at the CCS

Quote Originally Posted by The Wise One wrote on Mon, 05 January 2015 21:02
    There are a good 20,000 people who regularly support the team that should be sat in the seat to be taken by Mr Sugarman at this meeting on Thursday night.
    Feedy won't like this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wise One wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 07:22
    A few quick points:
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 07:13
    1) Contrary to what Croesy and a few others are suggesting, I have never stated that I will not set foot in the Cardiff City Stadium again. Indeed, since the re-brand was confirmed I've been back to the stadium on seven separate occasions for two meetings with former CEO Alan Whiteley, two events relating to the death of my good friend Simon Insole, two Wales international matches and the unveiling of the Fred Keenor statue. What I have said from day one is that I will not support the team or spend a penny at the club until Tan leaves and the re-brand is reversed.
    Feedy pm'd you did he?

Interesting that TVB has declined his invitation (or so he said on twitter.)

He simply said he made his view clear in 2012- i.e until the club changed back to blue and were a club he could recognise he wanted no more part of it. End of.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 09:08
    Know that't a man with principles unlike some we could mention.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyhorse wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 09:12
    He simply said he made his view clear in 2012- i.e until the club changed back to blue and were a club he could recognise he wanted no more part of it. End of.
    Are you suggesting that TLG is not principled? On what grounds do you base your proposition?

Matt (aka TVB) was the second person I spoke to after receiving the invite from Wayne Nash (he had also received one). He encouraged me to attend and said he would have done so had he lived locally, but he felt there was no need for him to travel from Berkshire under the circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 09:41
    He also refers to the 40 invited as a "hand picked selection of loose cannons." Who can argue with that?

Quote Originally Posted by db1927 wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 22:00
    well well well, I really can't be bothered to read the other 7 pages but why the **** are you invited tlg over the rest of us. one of the reasons i'm not renewing is definitely because I am sick to death of the inner circle and fan 'representatives' and I wouldn't expect an invite next season to see why I didn't renew - 2 years of protesting in blue should be enough of a reason for them to work out why.
    A woman scorned

Quote Originally Posted by crazyhorse wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 09:12
    The Gollum of Cwmbran.

The simple fact is that the invites for the most part have been sent out to people they already know.The result of this is that the meeting can be controlled easier as they have a preety good idea as to how the invited are going to react to what's said.
    That to me is the biggest pointer to my conclusion that this is nothing more than a smokescreen to try and calm dissenting fans down and make us think they care about what we say.I've seen no evidence in the past that tells me Mr Tan does anything other than what Mr Tan wants to do.
    I hope I'm wrong but I've seen similar methods used to placate us fans in the recent past and the chance of an announcement of a return to blue is complete pie in the sky.
    If I'm wrong i'll be crying with joy and I'll come back on here and eat that humble pie in the sky.

Quote Originally Posted by parryisinnocent wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 12:18
    The simple fact is that the invites for the most part have been sent out to people they already know.The result of this is that the meeting can be controlled easier as they have a preety good idea as to how the invited are going to react to what's said.
    I wouldn't bother defrosting that pie if I were you

Quote Originally Posted by Ras Malai wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 13:14
    That to me is the biggest pointer to my conclusion that this is nothing more than a smokescreen to try and calm dissenting fans down and make us think they care about what we say.I've seen no evidence in the past that tells me Mr Tan does anything other than what Mr Tan wants to do.
    I would.

Could you also ask if Corky still backs the club 'unconditionally' and ask Gwyn how the club will service the debt if they are a 'one-season wonder' in the premiership as he never got around to answering me on here despite asking him several times.

Quote Originally Posted by Temujin wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 08:35
    Tan is getting the loudest voices on the Internet all together in one room. He gets the chance to assess whether any are a threat.
    best they all leave their phones at home.

Quote Originally Posted by EdinburghBlue wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 22:20
    well well well, I really can't be bothered to read the other 7 pages but why the **** are you invited tlg over the rest of us. one of the reasons i'm not renewing is definitely because I am sick to death of the inner circle and fan 'representatives' and I wouldn't expect an invite next season to see why I didn't renew - 2 years of protesting in blue should be enough of a reason for them to work out why.
    Quote Originally Posted by VimanaMan wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 22:07
    Someone (or rather it seems 40 or so someones) has to go.
    Someone has to speak.
    IF the invitees had just been a totally random 40 odd souls from across the stadium/supporters base then there would be even more potential for the meeting to break down into a farce!! At least with some of those attending being part of the organised representative supporters clubs/messageboards,etc hopefully there is less potential for the meeting to degenerate into a bunfight. God forbid.

Quote Originally Posted by ragbone wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 17:56
    Tan is getting the loudest voices on the Internet all together in one room. He gets the chance to assess whether any are a threat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Temujin wrote on Tue, 06 January 2015 08:35
    I wonder if there will be Malky style smear campaigns. I know Malky gave him plenty of ammunition but you can't deny it was sneaky as ****.
    Indeed, we all have skeletons in the closet. A smear campaign against most people isn't that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by thornhillblue wrote on Thu, 08 January 2015 05:23
    Someone has to speak.
    Who would you invite?
    Exactly, so far as I know, no one except a few people at the club can have any idea about the exact breakdown of who is attending and yet there are an awful lot of assumptions being made by people who think they know better than any one else - I daresay some might turn out to be right, but, for now, they are just guesses.

Someone has to speak.
    having reflected - I completely agree. anyone who wasn't part of the Snowdonia sam ice cream crew 2002

I agree, they'll use the people they have done before to try and influence the masses into renewing. I've made my decision and until the home kit is officially blue am not buying a season ticket. none of us know that for definite until next august.

Quote Originally Posted by db1927 wrote on Thu, 08 January 2015 06:16
    having reflected - I completely agree. anyone who wasn't part of the Snowdonia sam ice cream crew 2002
    I didn't got to Snowdon in 2002 and never got an ice cream, so that's me out.

Quote Originally Posted by thornhillblue wrote on Thu, 08 January 2015 05:23
    Someone has to speak.
    Who would you invite?
    Just as the last few did, with all the afore mentioned "sensible" characters.

I can't see Gunny getting much of a heroes welcome seeing as he slagged off 99% of the people attending.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyhorse wrote on Thu, 08 January 2015 08:43
    I can't see Gunny getting much of a heroes welcome seeing as he slagged off 99% of the people attending.
    Bitching is the way forward.