+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Film 16

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Film 16

Emma Thompson was great in that film. I enjoyed it too. Pride is superb, especially if you lived through that era in a mining community.

The Edge with Anthony Hopkins and Alec Baldwin. A fight for survival in Alaska following a plane crash. Entertaining with great cinematography. Very corny ending and the dialogue was weak in places. The film also renders Hopkins almost super human. So a bit far-fetched but if you are a bit bored this will while away a couple of hours.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    The Edge with Anthony Hopkins and Alec Baldwin. A fight for survival in Alaska following a plane crash. Entertaining with great cinematography. Very corny ending and the dialogue was weak in places. The film also renders Hopkins almost super human. So a bit far-fetched but if you are a bit bored this will while away a couple of hours.
    There's a film I love called "hell in the pacific" from the sixties that has a similar set up. It's set during the war. Toshiro Mifune and Lee Marvin are two rival soldiers and stranded on a Pacific island together.

Watched the duel the other day was good with woody Harelson and Liam hemsworth. Can't wait to see free state of Jones with Mathew
    mcconaughey

Just watched Kajaki.

As has been previously said, this film is by far and away the most accurate in terms of how squaddies speak, the kit, uniform an procedures used. An extremely true account of the events that actually happened by all accounts too.
    Very refreshing when compared to all the over dramatised, Holywood type depictions of how the military operate.

Well worth a watch if you have any sort of interest in this type of genre.

Banned

Eye in the Sky, biggest load of crap ever. Should have known better with Mirren staring.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    Eye in the Sky, biggest load of crap ever. Should have known better with Mirren staring.
    I've just finished Independence day resurgence.
    God awful film.

Banned

Clinton Cash the documentary is worth a view. Makes Trump look like the Pope.

Just watched Sicario. A tense,brooding and well made film. Well worth watching.

Cracking film!

Blue in the Face

Watch all the director's other films too - "Incendies", "Enemy" and "Prisoners". He's always brilliant at tension.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Watch all the director's other films too - "Incendies", "Enemy" and "Prisoners". He's always brilliant at tension.
    Good call. The tension was very good so I will put these films on my list.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    I believe he's making the new bladerunner as well. Normally I'd be spitting feathers about this, but I'm quite looking forward to it with him at the helm.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by welshyoot View Post
    I believe he's making the new bladerunner as well. Normally I'd be spitting feathers about this, but I'm quite looking forward to it with him at the helm.
    Me too. Think he's a great choice

Haven't watched yet,but here's link for I.D.2. Shadwell army.
    ****ing love you Gumbo.
    http://putlocker.is/watch-id2-shadwe...putlocker.html

Just watched Brooklyn. It's not my usual type of film but Saoirse Ronan turns in a stunning performance. Not really a lads film but I really enjoyed it.
    Also enjoyed the updated version of 3:10 to Yuma with Christian Bale and Russell Crowe although the ending was a bit of a letdown.

Looked forward to the shallows, but was very underwhelmed. Just o.k. and no more. The ****ing shark looked liked the one from Jaws!

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    The Wee Man. Whole film here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie1AU1HnLa0

Released in 2013 in tells the life story of former Glasgow gangster Paul Ferris. It mostly concerns his conflicts with two families, one of whom was headed by Arthur 'The Godfather' Thompson who he worked for then went to gang war with. Plenty of violence for those who enjoy the genre.
    This looks up my street so will give this a watch tomorrow night.

A bit slow but overall properly good.

Anyone watched free state of Jones yet, been looking forward to watching wondered if anyone got any reviews yet same with magnificent 7

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    The Wee Man. Whole film here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie1AU1HnLa0

Released in 2013 in tells the life story of former Glasgow gangster Paul Ferris. It mostly concerns his conflicts with two families, one of whom was headed by Arthur 'The Godfather' Thompson who he worked for then went to gang war with. Plenty of violence for those who enjoy the genre.
    That was as basic as it gets. It certainly lacked any fitness and was a bit clichéd but Martin Compston in the lead part was very good as was John Hannah. Very watchable all the same.

Where did you see it? I thought this wasn't out till January!

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    They seem to have a lot of friends in high places though,mentions of an aborted FBI bust which even with the help of ex members wouldn't have found anything as things are so well hidden, that was mainly about the abuse.
    Very little mention of finances in this film, more on a personal level. Which is what Louie is good at.
    True. Louis has always been about characters over sensational stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    That was the original release date but it's been brought forward. They probably originally intended it for the Oscars slot, but the reviews have been mixed so it's better to release earlier in a less saturated market if the hype isn't amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    The usual dodgy places.
    I got it from rarbg

https://rarbg.to/torrent/y8ioatz

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    The usual dodgy places.
    I got it from rarbg

https://rarbg.to/torrent/y8ioatz
    Cheers