+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Interesting goings-on down the Bay at the moment...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Interesting goings-on down the Bay at the moment...

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    We could have two Trollopes running things in Cardiff then...

I would Leanne Wood, NQAT.

Although I am reliably informed she has a fanny like a yawning donkey

International

Pearcy, you were/are one of the people saying the Tory party shouldn't be in government even though they won a general election.
    Now you are saying Labour should, even though they didn't.
    Make you mind up.
    Or is only that of labour wins it's OK and if any one else wins it's 'A fix" ?

One thing is for sure, Leanne Wood as first minister means UKIP and the Tories have far more influence over things down the bay. If they withdraw their support at any time, she's a goner.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post
    One thing is for sure, Leanne Wood as first minister means UKIP and the Tories have far more influence over things down the bay. If they withdraw their support at any time, she's a goner.
    Yeah she isn't exactly the smartest cookie in the jar.

The look on Carwyns face as the result was announced was utterly priceless.

He is obviously not a cookie worthy of putting in the jar.

Quote Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
    The look on Carwyns face as the result was announced was utterly priceless.

He is obviously not a cookie worthy of putting in the jar.
    Oh dear, the sherry is out.

International

The WAG is a complete waste of space and money
    When there was a referendum on whether to set it up only 50% of the people voted. In any normal referendum that would have meant 'no'.
    But TB changed the rules and even then of the 50% only 50 1/2% voted for it.
    Then when they had the elections only 25% of the population voted and labour won by a slim majority.
    To me that means that we are being 'governed' by people who were elected by 12% of the population.
    The percentages may have changed now, but the waste of money has not. It is a self-perpetuating gravy train. Somewhat like MEP's who have no influence on the dictats of the European Commission.
    It's use to Wales is negligeble.
    Last edited by xsnaggle; 11-05-16 at 17:29.

It's disappointing that people being sick of Labour have lead to them cheering this on. Can you imagine what Welsh Tories would have said if in 2010 the Lib Dems helped form a rainbow coalition to keep the Tories out even though Labour lost the election (as opposed to 2015 when the Tories got in despite not winning the election) and now they are playing with Welsh democracy in a similar way.

I can understand many in Wales being sick of Labour, and especially sick of Carwyn Jones, but Wales deserves better than this and better than Reckless and Hamilton. Cheering this on would be like petitioning for a change to green just to piss off Tan who wanted red, it's not what we should want and it makes us look cheap. Can you imagine if Wales follows the America route of Obama's policies being blocked for no other reason than being Obama?

Well done to Leanne Wood who will bring in fresh ideas.

Hope it leads to the "WHITE ELEPHANT" being shut down.

Worthless people in a worthless building.

International

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    It's disappointing that people being sick of Labour have lead to them cheering this on. Can you imagine what Welsh Tories would have said if in 2010 the Lib Dems helped form a rainbow coalition to keep the Tories out even though Labour lost the election (as opposed to 2015 when the Tories got in despite not winning the election) and now they are playing with Welsh democracy in a similar way.

I can understand many in Wales being sick of Labour, and especially sick of Carwyn Jones, but Wales deserves better than this and better than Reckless and Hamilton. Cheering this on would be like petitioning for a change to green just to piss off Tan who wanted red, it's not what we should want and it makes us look cheap. Can you imagine if Wales follows the America route of Obama's policies being blocked for no other reason than being Obama?

I think you will find the record shows that they did.
    If the Lib Dems had kept their promise and voted for the long-overdue boundary changes then the conservative Party would have won by a lot more.
    Why do people think it is fair that the conservatives need more than 10% more than the Labour party in order to win a General Election/

Can you run this. By me again please.

International

**** me, it goes awful quiet on here sometimes doesn't it?
    I cannot imagine why that might be

I doubt Plaid will lose many votes over this

It's quite embarrassing for Labour though

International

Plaid AM Rhun ap Iorwerth said: "The people of Wales decided by a narrow margin in terms of the number of seats, but by a hefty margin in terms of the popular vote, that they didn't want Labour to have majority control in the National Assembly for Wales.

Which part is winning when it suits, and losing when it doesn't?

International

**** me, it goes awful quiet on here sometimes doesn't it?
    I cannot imagine what that might be

Both Plaid and Labour are minority parties, no one won a majority so Leanne is well within her rights to put herself forward. However to say no deal has been done with UKIP and the Tories is a downright lie, a bit of honesty wouldn't go a miss. Plaid are all about power, they will do anything for power and if it means doing a deal with the devil then so be it.

The events today will hang over Plaid for a very long time.

Feedback

I don't think the largest party ever has a divine right to rule. If a party has 40% of the seats but can not command the confidence of the other 60% of the seats and parties two and three form 30% and 21% of the seats respectively I see no reason why two and three could not form a coalition.

However in this situation Plaid are just playing silly buggers. I think they should be careful, they're more likely to galvanise Labour to refuse to work with them at all rather than force them back around the negotiating table.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Blue View Post
    Lost me there.

I'm accepting the result of the election held five days ago.

Labour are the largest party therefore have the right to have the FM post.

Policy implementation will be on a case by case basis.
    isn't the role of first minister the one who has the support of the majority of the legislature? it's how 2nd and 3rd placed parties can form a coalition government.

I'm no expert on politics but anything that makes labour realise that they don't have an automatic right to stroll into power in Wales can only be a good thing.

According to the BBC earlier:

"AMs have 28 days following the election to decide on a first minister, which would mean a deadline of 2 June.

If there is no agreement, the UK government's Welsh Secretary Alun Cairns can call a fresh election."

I think this is something I'd like to see, simply based on the comedy of outrage it would cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    According to the BBC earlier:

"AMs have 28 days following the election to decide on a first minister, which would mean a deadline of 2 June.

If there is no agreement, the UK government's Welsh Secretary Alun Cairns can call a fresh election."

I think this is something I'd like to see, simply based on the comedy of outrage it would cause.
    It would actually be interesting, probably the worst possible outcome for Plaid so I guess they will posture for a little while and then fall at Labours feel while claiming some kind of victory.