+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Anyone else think Bale is carrying an injury ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Anyone else think Bale is carrying an injury ?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Bale? Rambo? Joe Allen?
    It takes more than 3 players to play a controlled patient possession game Homer and of those 3 neither Bale or Ramsey are patient.
    Bale likes to run at players which means sometime he will lose the ball, which he has a fair bit so far in this tournament.
    Last edited by CCFC CASUAL; 18-06-16 at 07:50.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    It takes more than 3 players to play a controlled patient possession game Homer and of those 3 neither Bale or Ramsey are patient.
    Bale likes to run at players which means sometime he will lose the ball, which he has a fair bit so far in this tournament.
    I suppose we should just continue kicking it away then. Worked wonders against England.

I suppose we should just continue kicking it away then. Worked wonders against England.
    Or keep it tight and break quickly that worked so well against Slovakia and most of the qualifying campaign.

Patient passing and moving teams around the pitch at this level takes a certain kind of quality. Spain have it. We don't.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    Or keep it tight and break quickly that worked so well against Slovakia and most of the qualifying campaign.

Patient passing and moving teams around the pitch at this level takes a certain kind of quality. Spain have it. We don't.
    I'm not suggesting we try to play like Spain, all I'm saying is that we have enough quality in the team to not have to resort to lumping the ball back to the opposition and waiting for them to come at us. We were fortunate to get the result we did against Slovakia and England could have scored a hatful. If we allow Russia the possession we allowed in our previous two games, we could find ourselves two goals down before we even get going. In my opinion.

I'm not suggesting we try to play like Spain, all I'm saying is that we have enough quality in the team to not have to resort to lumping the ball back to the opposition and waiting for them to come at us. We were fortunate to get the result we did against Slovakia and England could have scored a hatful. If we allow Russia the possession we allowed in our previous two games, we could find ourselves two goals down before we even get going. In my opinion.
    Why were we fortunate to beat Slovakia? We were good value for the win.England deserved the win against us but created very few chances.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Why were we fortunate to beat Slovakia? We were good value for the win.England deserved the win against us but created very few chances.
    Agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I thought we created very little against Slovakia, we gave the ball away too cheaply and let them have the lion's share of possession. They created more chances, had one cleared off the line and hit the post. We scored from a free kick and from a miss-hit shot. I'm not saying we were awful or got outplayed, just that we were fortunate.

I thought we created very little against Slovakia, we gave the ball away too cheaply and let them have the lion's share of possession. They created more chances, had one cleared off the line and hit the post. We scored from a free kick and from a miss-hit shot. I'm not saying we were awful or got outplayed, just that we were fortunate.
    We could have gotten a goal or two more against Slovakia