+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Oh how we missed JOE RALLS !

Oh how we missed JOE RALLS !

So Warlock's tactics were obvious to all: negate Wolves attacking flair by asking Paterson and Wildschut to man-mark their marauding full backs. And it worked. By half-time, I felt we had begun to impose ourselves on the game and it was there to be won.

The problem was that midfield was left to Gunnars and Bryson. I'm not saying that they played badly - to the contrary, I thought they played their hearts out - but Joe Ralls would have been immense in the middle today, and would have swung the match our way.

Do I have to add that Joe would have sunk those penalties too?

Yesterday, our injury situation also deprived us of an alternative striker when Zohore tired. Danny Ward is a better option than Madine who seems to run around like a battering ram with little end product. Ward is a footballer.

With Ralls and Ward available, we would have won.

Re: Oh how we missed JOE RALLS !

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    So Warlock's tactics were obvious to all: negate Wolves attacking flair by asking Paterson and Wildschut to man-mark their marauding full backs. And it worked. By half-time, I felt we had begun to impose ourselves on the game and it was there to be won.

The problem was that midfield was left to Gunnars and Bryson. I'm not saying that they played badly - to the contrary, I thought they played their hearts out - but Joe Ralls would have been immense in the middle today, and would have swung the match our way.i

Yesterday, our injury situation also deprived us of an alternative striker when Zohore tired. Danny Ward is a better option than Madine who seems to run around like a battering ram with little end product. Ward is a footballer.

If my auntie had bollocks she would be my uncle

Ralls was injured and that's the way it is

I thought we missed Grujic as much as Ralls and most players would have scored those penalties, just not the two who actually took them unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post

The problem was that midfield was left to Gunnars and Bryson. I'm not saying that they played badly - to the contrary, I thought they played their hearts out - but Joe Ralls would have been immense in the middle today, and would have swung the match our way.

Having watched all of Ralls penalties (the second one against Norwich), I'd back him to score from one of them, but I'd say he'd have had the mental toughness to take, and score from, the second one if he had missed the first one.

Regarding Bryson, as someone who has been quite critical of him in the past, I thought he was one of our better players last night.

Not sure if being a "footballer" is any guarantee of getting you a place in the starting line up of a Warnock team.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Having watched all of Ralls penalties (the second one against Norwich), I'd back him to score from one of them, but I'd say he'd have had the mental toughness to take, and score from, the second one if he had missed the first one.

Regarding Bryson, as someone who has been quite critical of him in the past, I thought he was one of our better players last night.

Not sure if being a "footballer" is any guarantee of getting you a place in the starting line up of a Warnock team.
    Madine didn't have the chance to take the second given Bamba grabbed the ball and handed it to Hoilett.

Thought we missed both Ralls and Grujic massively. Our midfield was crying out for someone who could retain possession and dictate the tempo a bit

Agree, both Grujic and Ralls were a big miss - although Bryson hassled, harried, chased all night long; robbed their players twice in their half. Gunnarsson was woeful, yes we'd injuries but it seems he was only in there for his long throw.

Grujic and Ralls walk into our midfield, with Paterson they have a good blend.

I think over the whole match though Grujic was the bigger loss, we have coped well without Ralls (although sooner he is back the better obviously) but Grujic's composure and presence has been a big part of our good run.

Good away performance from wolves tbf and if you can't score two penalties in the last minute you don't deserve a point. On to Tuesday.