+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is Labour Anti-Semitic?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Is Labour Anti-Semitic?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I'm sure the media is playing this out ,but I also believe there is a nasty element within the Labour family that are capable of this stuff .
    I would agree with that. I also can see that sometimes, some would argue more frequently than that, accusations of anti-Semitism follows criticism of Israeli policy rather than anti-Semitic behaviour. It's a powerful criticism (accusations of anti-Semitism) and it's a powerfully damaging and horrible action (anti-Semitic behaviour) when it occurs.

Labour needs to work out how to make sure that anti-Semitic behaviour isn't given a home it the party because it's (the Labour party) whole ethos is built on anti-racism.

What irks me, is that today many Labour MPs have come out and said "we must do more to combat AS"

Well bloody do something! Writing letters isn't going to cut it

Quote Originally Posted by Yossi Benayoun View Post
    What irks me, is that today many Labour MPs have come out and said "we must do more to combat AS"

Well bloody do something! Writing letters isn't going to cut it
    There is a problem and it should have been dealt with by now but is it really widespread within the Labour Party? I’m not convinced. I suspect the Tories are more anti Semitic and without doubt islamophobic but it doesn’t get reported.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    There is a problem and it should have been dealt with by now but is it really widespread within the Labour Party? I’m not convinced. I suspect the Tories are more anti Semitic and without doubt islamophobic but it doesn’t get reported.
    It is rife throughout the party. AS is a characteristic of the hard left.