+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: OFF TOPIC ::::: Found Baillifs in my house this morning. still shaking now.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: OFF TOPIC ::::: Found Baillifs in my house this morning. still shaking now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    That's a terrible experience for you and your poor wife.
    It's easy to be wise after the event and from a distance, but I would firstly have asked to see their documentation. Then, pointed out they were at the wrong house and shown them proof of your ID and then ordered them out of your home.
    If they refused, I'd call the police as they are trespassing.
    As I understand it, they have the right to make peaceable entry into the home described on the paperwork but the situation seems have been racked up by your totally understandable reaction and what they perceived were their legitimate demands based on their wrong documentation.
    But taking into account your situation and the mistake on the paperwork I would certainly take it further. Do you have a copy of the paperwork to see who authorized the visit. He/she should be informed at the very least.
    Your experience highlights the need to try to stay calm (for your own sake and to try to keep the heat out of the situation) when threatened, no matter what the provocation - even when your blood is boiling.
    But I fully sympathize with how you felt. It probably took hours for you and your wife to recover - and could so easily have had serious health repercussions for one or both of you.
    Hope you're both a little more settled now.
    Asked for their ID cards and they pointed to then hanging on their waist when I went to look they told me not to go towards him They didnt threaten me with arrest for raising the baseball bat the first words they said to my wife is that they were her to arrest me. Have since learned it was for non payment of fines but obviously not fines incurred by me. They would not do anything but just flash the warrant so I didnt have time to read it. They came from North Wales. As soon as I saw them I ordered them out and also stated that my wife and I were both registered disabled and were due a visit from the Nurse as we are both housebound now. I raised the bat to them when one started pushing my Wife back into the sitting room.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad as a fish View Post
    Asked for their ID cards and they pointed to then hanging on their waist when I went to look they told me not to go towards him They didnt threaten me with arrest for raising the baseball bat the first words they said to my wife is that they were her to arrest me. Have since learned it was for non payment of fines but obviously not fines incurred by me. They would not do anything but just flash the warrant so I didnt have time to read it. They came from North Wales. As soon as I saw them I ordered them out and also stated that my wife and I were both registered disabled and were due a visit from the Nurse as we are both housebound now. I raised the bat to them when one started pushing my Wife back into the sitting room.
    That contact with your wife is a big no-no

Were they recording the visit on film?

Were they recording the visit on film?
    Yes they were Cyclops and I did say I was going FOIA them.

Yes they were Cyclops and I did say I was going FOIA them.
    I would certainly mention that when taking the matter further.
    The film will expose mistakes they've made and it would be interesting to see how they got into your home. Was any force used etc.
    It will also show your reaction, of course.

I would certainly mention that when taking the matter further.
    The film will expose mistakes they've made and it would be interesting to see how they got into your home. Was any force used etc.
    It will also show your reaction, of course.
    Opened the unlocked front door and walked in. We were expecting the district nurse at the same time.

The company they were from is Excel Civil Enforcement.

oh shit just read everything over agian.. damn, theres me grabbing my bat and jumping in without knowing the whole 9... wow ok

different gravy... wow even the police said they had right to access your home as the address was right lol what about the name ?

and im wondering... has the neighbour been a little sly in using your address to take the scent off them ?

whats going on here lol

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
    oh shit just read everything over agian.. damn, theres me grabbing my bat and jumping in without knowing the whole 9... wow ok

different gravy... wow even the police said they had right to access your home as the address was right lol what about the name ?

and im wondering... has the neighbour been a little sly in using your address to take the scent off them ?

whats going on here lol
    The neighbour said that the fella they were after used to live with them, next door to me but moved 2 years ago.

The neighbour said that the fella they were after used to live with them, next door to me but moved 2 years ago.
    So they turn up 2 years late to the wrong house without a clue how old the person is they are looking for? Barge in last an old disabled lady? You could be in for a payday