Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
Sweden? Netherlands?

I fully respect your knowledge in the subject.

But if most people in public health and epidemiology were aghast why wasn't there a massive outcry at the start? Yes of course people like John Ashton spoke out fairly early on (seems to have gone quiet recently) but it seemed to me that there were experts on both sides of the arguement in pretty equal numbers.

And what about Public Health England and Wales (and their Scottish equivalent). I presume they would have had an input? Wouldn't they also bear at least some of the responsibility for the problems with testing, PPE and ventilators?

By calling them his cronies aren't you questioning the integrity of people like Chris Witty, Patrick Vallance and Neil Ferguson?
Ok cronies might be going a bit far, but there appears to be a lot of politics in the direction that the response took, rather than the science, and that does include Chris Whitty and Patrick Vallance.

I know plenty of people within PHE and PHW I don’t think they’re particularly happy with the government’s actions.
PPE and vents are down to the government/NHS not PHE or PHW so they shouldn’t take the blame there. Testing is slightly different, but the problems are still laid at the government’s door, again a lot of this seems political rather than what’s necessary.