+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Open letter to Mark Drakeford

Re: Open letter to Mark Drakeford

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    What made you think that? you appear to be the man in the know and agreeing with all the info, I thought you'd know better than me. I just think that Drakeford has done things for political reasons and this is not a good time to do that!
    But of course that is just my opinion, and worth nothing.
    You think that drakeford isn't very good as first minister ? I vote for the party he belongs to and I would much rather someone else in charge

You think he's made mistakes during this virus ? With you on that one , very much so

You think he's made decisions that have affected peoples lives based on political dogma to be different to England?

I am afraid thats utter bollocks

Yes they were open but the sample that showed the spread in such places was so small that evne the people who published it siad it was too small to base a judgement on.
    now the WAG is saying that they will look at the numbers to see if they have come down and how much of that decline is due to pubs not being open. How do you think they are going to decide how much is due to closing pubs and how much is due to people getting Drakeford's message and changing their habits?
    The chistmas release starts on the 23rd and these restrictions are until the 20th. Anyone think for 1 minute he will allow restaurants and pubs to serve alcohol again?
    The only reason he didn't tell them to close is so he doesn't have to pay furlough. If a landlord lays his bar staff off thats' his decision not Drakeford's. Very clever.
    Bollocks

Yes they were open but the sample that showed the spread in such places was so small that evne the people who published it siad it was too small to base a judgement on.
    now the WAG is saying that they will look at the numbers to see if they have come down and how much of that decline is due to pubs not being open. How do you think they are going to decide how much is due to closing pubs and how much is due to people getting Drakeford's message and changing their habits?
    The chistmas release starts on the 23rd and these restrictions are until the 20th. Anyone think for 1 minute he will allow restaurants and pubs to serve alcohol again?
    The only reason he didn't tell them to close is so he doesn't have to pay furlough. If a landlord lays his bar staff off thats' his decision not Drakeford's. Very clever.
    Surely you acknowledge that the Welsh Government doesn't have the fund raising powers to provide furlough? Sunak refused to pay furlough for Wales in the last firebreak. Any ideas how furlough can be paid?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Surely you acknowledge that the Welsh Government doesn't have the fund raising powers to provide furlough? Sunak refused to pay furlough for Wales in the last firebreak. Any ideas how furlough can be paid?
    Another example of changing the facts to suit the argument.
    As I have said before, Saunak did not refuse to pay furlough he said that "I cannot". The reason was that the rules governing it and run by whatever department (DWP?) made it impossible to give the furlough just to wales and no one else at the time were in a position to justify it, so to release it again to the whole country would have been massively over expensive. Add to that the fact that Drakeford quite consciously did not call it a lockdown, he called it a firebreak, (why I don't know but I have my own thoughts on it) and by doing that he consciously removed Wales from access to benefits which were directly linked to a lockdown.

When England went into Lockdown, (Notice the difference?) furlough was restarted and the whole of UK became eligible for it. It is still being paid, so if Drakeford calls a lockdown welsh companies will be able to access it, but if he calls it something else they won't

Who's fault do you think that might be?