+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Takeover soon?

Re: Takeover soon?

What could we expect from a new owner?

Tan is pretty rich, but there are richer people out there - however, we are currently putting in about the maximum we can under FFP.
    So an even richer guy would have to find ways around that OR just take a gamble on going up and spend a lot to achieve that - that's a possibility, but there is a level of risk doing that unless they are SO rich it doesn't matter.
    I don't think any of the names being touted around as in the market for championship clubs are likely to be able to blow the rest of the division out of the water, so we'd likely to be in the same boat or worse off if we got a new owner.

Of course you also have to consider how well you spend/invest that money. It would be difficult to argue that under Tan we've invested his money well. We've had parachute/premier league money for almost a decade and the squad is in a much worse position than it was before that began.
    I do feel that as a club we've learned some lessons along the way - and we are at least currently trying to set ourselves on a better path with things like securing a regular pathway from the academy to the first team - that will mean that we don't need to spend as much in wages or transfer fees to fill the squad - and eventually we will hopefully be able to sell some of the academy players for big money if they continue to improve.
    Additionally the transfer strategy seems more sensible of late - talented prospects from lower leagues who might increase in value, free agents and loans.
    Are there owners who could do a better job than Tan and the leadership team are currently - absolutely yes. If you look at the likes of Matthew Bentham he's driven his clubs forward without splashing a huge amount of cash. However for every Bentham there are several others who aren't as good - you only have to look at some other teams in this division to see how much money has been wasted elsewhere not just here.
    Will this more sensible approach from the club continue? who knows - I'd like to think so, but I wouldn't rule out us having a bad run at the start of next season and the club bringing back Neil Warnock or something else as ridiculous.
    On the other hand exactly the same could happen with A.N. Other manager.

I'm happy to see Tan stay currently if he's got the financial resources to ride out the covid impact to his businesses. And hope that he's learned from the club's numerous mistakes during his time here.
    If someone else comes in then I won't be shedding any tears for Tan, but we could do a lot worse.

Whoever takes over will want their own management team hopefully and not the cheap option.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    What could we expect from a new owner?

Tan is pretty rich, but there are richer people out there - however, we are currently putting in about the maximum we can under FFP.
    So an even richer guy would have to find ways around that OR just take a gamble on going up and spend a lot to achieve that - that's a possibility, but there is a level of risk doing that unless they are SO rich it doesn't matter.
    I don't think any of the names being touted around as in the market for championship clubs are likely to be able to blow the rest of the division out of the water, so we'd likely to be in the same boat or worse off if we got a new owner.

Of course you also have to consider how well you spend/invest that money. It would be difficult to argue that under Tan we've invested his money well. We've had parachute/premier league money for almost a decade and the squad is in a much worse position than it was before that began.
    I do feel that as a club we've learned some lessons along the way - and we are at least currently trying to set ourselves on a better path with things like securing a regular pathway from the academy to the first team - that will mean that we don't need to spend as much in wages or transfer fees to fill the squad - and eventually we will hopefully be able to sell some of the academy players for big money if they continue to improve.
    Additionally the transfer strategy seems more sensible of late - talented prospects from lower leagues who might increase in value, free agents and loans.
    Are there owners who could do a better job than Tan and the leadership team are currently - absolutely yes. If you look at the likes of Matthew Bentham he's driven his clubs forward without splashing a huge amount of cash. However for every Bentham there are several others who aren't as good - you only have to look at some other teams in this division to see how much money has been wasted elsewhere not just here.
    Will this more sensible approach from the club continue? who knows - I'd like to think so, but I wouldn't rule out us having a bad run at the start of next season and the club bringing back Neil Warnock or something else as ridiculous.
    On the other hand exactly the same could happen with A.N. Other manager.

I'm happy to see Tan stay currently if he's got the financial resources to ride out the covid impact to his businesses. And hope that he's learned from the club's numerous mistakes during his time here.
    If someone else comes in then I won't be shedding any tears for Tan, but we could do a lot worse.
    Isn't it a limit over a 3 year period or something? So couldn't they just budget more heavily earlier in that period?

Roman Abramovich has registered children at Howells

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Every club loses money, it's the nature of the beast but Tan has prevented us going into administration or being wound up. So yeah compared to many, we're a stable club.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Isn't it a limit over a 3 year period or something? So couldn't they just budget more heavily earlier in that period?
    how much more heavily would you have to spend to GUARANTEE going up?
    if you spend an extra 20 or 30 million and cock it up then you're going to be ****ed for ffp

Side question - why haven't we sold the stadium naming rights yet? Not a complaint, I don't want to play in the I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Stadium, but seems odd to leave that source of revenue on the table doesn't it?

Little old stable Cardiff....
    I'd venture that a football club which apparently loses £1 million a month and is almost entirely dependent upon the financial support of a 70 year-old who lives on another continent is pretty far from stable.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Side question - why haven't we sold the stadium naming rights yet? Not a complaint, I don't want to play in the I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Stadium, but seems odd to leave that source of revenue on the table doesn't it?
    The ground’s been open without a sponsor since 2009 and although I’m like you regarding the lack of one, we must be talking about tens of millions of pounds lost in potential income over that period by now.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The ground’s been open without a sponsor since 2009 and although I’m like you regarding the lack of one, we must be talking about tens of millions of pounds lost in potential income over that period by now.
    Didn’t Sam Hammam have naming rights monies up until recently? That’s why the Stadium hasn’t been renamed as the Club wouldn’t have received anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Didn’t Sam Hammam have naming rights monies up until recently? That’s why the Stadium hasn’t been renamed as the Club wouldn’t have received anything.
    It was rumoured to be tied to the Langston debt, but that was settled way back in February 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    It was rumoured to be tied to the Langston debt, but that was settled way back in February 2016.
    I like the name the Cardiff city stadium, as we get worldwide exposure everytime Wales play.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I'd venture that a football club which apparently loses £1 million a month and is almost entirely dependent upon the financial support of a 70 year-old who lives on another continent is pretty far from stable.
    What happens should Vinny pass on?

What a great name of a stadium !

Or even the For Mash get Smash Stadium or the Snap Crackle and Pop stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Sensible View Post
    A good question. Tan has stated on several occasions over the years that his family are not impressed by the amount of money he's ploughed into CCFC, so who knows?

What a great name of a stadium !

Or even the For Mash get Smash Stadium or the Snap Crackle and Pop stadium.
    My favourite's Livingston's ground - the Tony Macaroni Arena (aka the Spaghettihad).

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    how much more heavily would you have to spend to GUARANTEE going up?
    if you spend an extra 20 or 30 million and cock it up then you're going to be ****ed for ffp
    **** knows. Just saying that's a way to go about it and try to skim around ffp mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Sensible View Post
    Sam Hammam will crawl from under his rock and take Cardiff City to court claiming before Vincent passed he verbally told him that he could takeover the club.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Sam Hammam will crawl from under his rock and take Cardiff City to court claiming before Vincent passed he verbally told him that he could takeover the club.

International

What would be the best sponsored name for the stadium?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    The Sir Neil Warnock Stadium. Sponsored by Unique Sports Management. 🤣

I still say it should be called the Clark’s Pie Astrodome.

"Chippy Alley at the 'Diff' Stadium.

The Welsh Capital Stadium

I'd be happy if Rockfield Studios would sponsor us. Rockfield Stadium is a cool name and Rockfield Studios are world renowned and Welsh.

In fact if we're sponsored by anyone other than Rockfield Studios I'm boycotting