+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How to avoid a hose pipe ban's in the future

Re: How to avoid a hose pipe ban's in the future

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Sorry to say he is.He is on par with the Hungarian PM with his warped views.
    And what are my "warped" views Jeepster? Privitisation is a good efficient system. That warped view?

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    And what are my "warped" views Jeepster? Privitisation is a good efficient system. That warped view?
    You know what i meant.His stance and mixed race marriage. ect ect

I'd have to respectfully disagree with you there. It is mass immigration. It's more than 200.000 but let's use that figure. 1 million extra people every 5 years on the most densely populated country in Europe. And you say this will have little affect on utilities? Wow
    We aren’t one of the most densely populated countries in Europe for a start.

Secondly our population is pretty flat without migration and a 0.3-0.4% increase in population per year is nothing and if a country’s infrastructure isn’t up to it there is a much deeper problem than population.

Thirdly our population growth is slowing and is expected to even slower, with an ageing population we are going to end up bollocksed and should see migration as a positive, especially as the bull of our migration has always been a net positive for taxation.

I get it you hate migration but it isn’t the cause here.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder’s Mam View Post
    We aren’t one of the most densely populated countries in Europe for a start.

Secondly our population is pretty flat without migration and a 0.3-0.4% increase in population per year is nothing and if a country’s infrastructure isn’t up to it there is a much deeper problem than population.

Thirdly our population growth is slowing and is expected to even slower, with an ageing population we are going to end up bollocksed and should see migration as a positive, especially as the bull of our migration has always been a net positive for taxation.

I get it you hate migration but it isn’t the cause here.
    I've just checked. We are the 4th most densely populated country in Europe.

I don't think adding city the size of Cardiff each year is nothing. Not on the 4th most densely populated country in Europe. The yearly figure is closer to 300.000 net. We are talking many millions per decade. I think that's a lot and too much leading to pressure on utilities. We'll have to respectfully agree to disagree on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    You know what i meant.His stance and mixed race marriage. ect ect
    I wish you'd stop trolling people.

I wish you'd stop trolling people.
    Oh billy big bollocks,i only post when you post crap on here.If you think that is trolling just grow a pair.
    Oe even go on to the other site,they would laud you over there.

I'd have to respectfully disagree with you there. It is mass immigration. It's more than 200.000 but let's use that figure. 1 million extra people every 5 years on the most densely populated country in Europe. And you say this will have little affect on utilities? Wow
    They've just said on the news that 1,300 migrants crossed the channel yesterday alone. That's close to half a mil a year alone in illegals, not counting the legal numbers and others we're not being told about.

We've grown up with immigration and it never used to be a problem. That, however, was long before we had this kind of situation and these sorts of numbers.

If you believe these figures of 200,000, you're allowing yourself to be manipulated and lied to.
    The figures are a hell of a lot bigger for sure.

These immigrants are being kept in hotels while social housing is found for them. Our own family members are finding themselves homeless and dossing in dangerous places such as the huggard centre with no end in sight, whilst these people are being housed all around us within months. The waiting list is apparently 10 years for social housing.
    It's not for the immigrants though!

I'm sorry, but toeing the line the government are feeding you is akin to turning a blind eye and an "ignorance is bliss" mentality.
    It's a massive problem that is only growing worse every day.

Severn Trent alone waste 415m litres of water a day. The average person uses 150L of water a day.

That’s 2.7m people worth of water that is wasted in a day due to poor infrastructure from just Severn Trent.

Immigration isn’t causing a shortage of water.

The 'problem' here is that, generally speaking, we get plenty of rain in this country, and it's only when we have a real dry summer that there is a problem. So there is no incentive for the water companies to do anything to the infrastructure, to fix leaks, or to improve distribution. Why should they? - there is (usually) no need. So they take our money, pay themselves big wages and bonuses, and pass the rest on to their shareholders.

International

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    The 'problem' here is that, generally speaking, we get plenty of rain in this country, and it's only when we have a real dry summer that there is a problem. So there is no incentive for the water companies to do anything to the infrastructure, to fix leaks, or to improve distribution. Why should they? - there is (usually) no need. So they take our money, pay themselves big wages and bonuses, and pass the rest on to their shareholders.
    I'm sure almost every old Country in the World that has old pipes eventually has some leaks? Yes put more focus on fixing them, but also instal meters so people pay for what they use, as I say you wouldn't average out gas and say use as much as you like, as some peope are bound to take the piss, and that will lead to future hosepipe bans.

we've had the hottest year on record (probably) and a handful of places will have a hosepipe ban for a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Severn Trent alone waste 415m litres of water a day. The average person uses 150L of water a day.

That’s 2.7m people worth of water that is wasted in a day due to poor infrastructure from just Severn Trent.

No, it is not the cause. But it could be the cure. Let's gather up all the migrants and get them to fix the leaks. Outside of the box - a bit like our "strikers".

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post

If the average person in Britain uses 150 litres perday. Where is the sense in increasing the official population of Britain by a City the size of Cardiff every year?
    As for leaks, you will never get a leak free system. Unless you plough billions into infrastructure. Which would be a waste of money.
    I still maintain it's a streamlined system as the population of Britain are usually shareholders through the various pension schemes.

Can I remind our readers that Welsh Water is a not-for-profit organisation and has no shareholders.

If the average person in Britain uses 150 litres perday. Where is the sense in increasing the official population of Britain by a City the size of Cardiff every year?
    As for leaks, you will never get a leak free system. Unless you plough billions into infrastructure. Which would be a waste of money.
    I still maintain it's a streamlined system as the population of Britain are usually shareholders through the various pension schemes.
    In 2021 about 14% of the UK population was from an ethnic minority background, ranging from 3% in Northern Ireland to 15.7% in England

calm down

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    In 2021 about 14% of the UK population was from an ethnic minority background, ranging from 3% in Northern Ireland to 15.7% in England

calm down
    And by 2066 native British will be a minority in Britain. As predicted by an expert in demographics
    There after extinction is only a matter of time. Still relaxed?

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Can I remind our readers that Welsh Water is a not-for-profit organisation and has no shareholders.
    Can I also remind readers that, perhaps because they don't pay shareholder dividends, over the past two years, the top three executives of Welsh Water received "bonuses" totalling £930,000, bringing their earnings for that period to over £2.5 million. Ok, I nicked that from WOL via Google but that is what the company records show apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    They've just said on the news that 1,300 migrants crossed the channel yesterday alone. That's close to half a mil a year alone in illegals, not counting the legal numbers and others we're not being told about.

We've grown up with immigration and it never used to be a problem. That, however, was long before we had this kind of situation and these sorts of numbers.

If you believe these figures of 200,000, you're allowing yourself to be manipulated and lied to.
    The figures are a hell of a lot bigger for sure.

These immigrants are being kept in hotels while social housing is found for them. Our own family members are finding themselves homeless and dossing in dangerous places such as the huggard centre with no end in sight, whilst these people are being housed all around us within months. The waiting list is apparently 10 years for social housing.
    It's not for the immigrants though!

I'm sorry, but toeing the line the government are feeding you is akin to turning a blind eye and an "ignorance is bliss" mentality.
    It's a massive problem that is only growing worse every day.
    The luxurious Copthorne Hotel is closed to paying customers, has been for months and i'm told it will be closed to paying tourists for the foreseeable future. It's housing immigrants at huge cost to the tax payer.

And by 2066 native British will be a minority in Britain. As predicted by an expert in demographics
    Which will be very apt as it will be the 1000th anniversary of the Battle of Hastings when LOADS of boats came across the channel.

What does native British mean?

Dilute the water, job done

"an expert"

What's your problem with that? Do you treat minorities poorly here or something?

Maybe to protect this country's natives, the great historical explorers should have stayed at home instead of travelling the world, sewing their seed and planting the union flag wherever they landed.

What sort of idiot would voluntarily put themselves onto a water meter?