+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: FT: WALES 0 - 2 IRAN. Match thread

Re: FT: WALES 0 - 2 IRAN. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by llan bluebird View Post
    The pair of them are physically shagged, just look how many games they had played by the time they were Colwell age. In horse racing very few good 2-year-olds continue to be top older horses.

This wasn't about effort, it was the brain writing cheques the legs couldn't cash. Think the same happened to the greatest ever player (Maradona) but he sort chemical help.
    Yeh, agreed. They've had so many miles on the clock, they're burnt out. Same as Rooney. Ronaldo and Messi are freaks and even they're done now.

One of the most disappointing days ever. There have been many others that were more gutting for other reasons. But that was just crap. And sad. Our "golden era" is over.

The dying of the light?

Wales over run in the middle of the park again as Bale and Ramsey fade out continues.

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The dying of the light?

Wales over run in the middle of the park again as Bale and Ramsey fade out continues.

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/
    I can't get my head around why two internationally -reknowned footballers aged 31 and 33, could be so completely anonymous against average opponents for 90 minutes. When you're legs are going, you're off the pace, yes, the game is a struggle. But neither Bale or Ramsey could said to 'struggling' yesterday, they looked completely frozen.

Which brings me to my point. Yesterday was also a very sad day for all the players, many - maybe all - who may never go to another World Cup. As fellow professional footballers I wonder what their private thoughts might be. I think Bale, Ramsey, even Joe Allen possibly, have been nailed on to play whatever the circumstances, injury permitting - not to have played Bale or Ramsey for say, 45 minutes, would have been almost sacrilege to the 'together stronger' concept, and the media hype around Bale especially. But sadly, I don't think it was ever going to happen. In normal circumstances Bale and/or Ramsey would have been subbed at the latest by half time, but Page neither commands the authority, has the confidence, or probably both, to do that.

When all's said and done, this is a professional game being played at top level, but sentiment won the day.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I can't get my head around why two internationally -reknowned footballers aged 31 and 33, could be so completely anonymous against average opponents for 90 minutes. When you're legs are going, you're off the pace, yes, the game is a struggle. But neither Bale or Ramsey could said to 'struggling' yesterday, they looked completely frozen.

Which brings me to my point. Yesterday was also a very sad day for all the players, many - maybe all - who may never go to another World Cup. As fellow professional footballers I wonder what their private thoughts might be. I think Bale, Ramsey, even Joe Allen possibly, have been nailed on to play whatever the circumstances, injury permitting - not to have played Bale or Ramsey for say, 45 minutes, would have been almost sacrilege to the 'together stronger' concept, and the media hype around Bale especially. But sadly, I don't think it was ever going to happen. In normal circumstances Bale and/or Ramsey would have been subbed at the latest by half time, but Page neither commands the authority, has the confidence, or probably both, to do that.

When all's said and done, this is a professional game being played at top level, but sentiment won the day.
    Apparently, Ramsey ran further than any other Welsh player against the USA, so the issue doesn't seem to be one of stamina for him, so maybe it more to do with a lack of dynamism - I'd say the same applies to Bale and a few other younger players in the squad. It'll e interesting to see if Page starts with Bale and Ramsey on Tuesday because it would be easy to think that the challenge of facing England would get a performance out of them, but the challenge of playing in a World Cup hasn't done so yet, so what's going to be different about Tuesday? Bale and Ramsey didn't do enough to merit staying on the pitch as long as they did and, if Page is going to see out the new contract he's signed, he has to make a decision on those two sooner rather than later - I'd still say Bale and Ramsey should have it in them to give us forty five good minutes from the start or make an impact if given half an hour off the bench, but it's not as if they've faded out of the two games so far, they've not really ever got started.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Apparently, Ramsey ran further than any other Welsh player against the USA, so the issue doesn't seem to be one of stamina for him, so maybe it more to do with a lack of dynamism -.
    I posted that, it's all in the stat's

he also ran furtherest V Iran , 22.84 Km

he also made the most "sprints" = 135

most " offers to receive" 185

So it wasnt due to lack of effort from Rambo

Yeah to describe Ramsey as anonymous is rubbish. He played badly. Yeah. Anonymous no.

Bale anonymous yes.

Would Wales have been any better, if Giggs was still in charge? Would he, have had the balls to either drop Bale and Ramsay or take them off ? Is he more tactically adept than Rob Page ? Giggs is the only player, who has had more success than Bale.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

Ramsey turned in one of his classic performances when things aren't going his way where he tries too hard to get involved and ends up making things worse

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post

It has nothing to do with sentiment. Bale stays on because he can still do things other players can't. It's a close game and we get a free kick 25 yards out, who do you want to take it?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Ramsey turned in one of his classic performances when things aren't going his way where he tries too hard to get involved and ends up making things worse
    He definitely has form for this.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    It has nothing to do with sentiment. Bale stays on because he can still do things other players can't. It's a close game and we get a free kick 25 yards out, who do you want to take it?
    But its really sad when thats all we can expect from one of our greatest players.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

He had a lot of catching up to do, Iran were all over us.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    But its really sad when thats all we can expect from one of our greatest players.
    I think it's unfair to say that's all we can expect. He still has a lot to his game. I was just using that as an example.

I didn’t expect us to get out of the group but I didn’t think so many would go missing.