+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: FT: WALES 0 - 2 IRAN. Match thread

Re: FT: WALES 0 - 2 IRAN. Match thread

We have been poor in this tournament so no complaints about going out. However this generation of Welsh players have given us so much. Three major tournaments including that unforgettable run in 2016. So no criticism from me but just gratitude for some wonderful memories at the CCS and wonderful wins in finals tournaments. They are our golden generation but the key players are now past their best.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ls/5310330.stm

More youngsters were to follow.

If you don’t know that Tosh started what Speed and Coleman carried on, please don’t get involved, as you’ll show yourself up

Watch episode 2 of Together Stronger, to enlighten yourself
    I dont know why but I think Bale and Ramsey may well have found themselves in the squad without Tosh.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Ex Arsenal

Bought for his dressing room influence

Which was a relief as by the time he was playing for us he was shot to bits
    Sounds like Kevin Campbell to me.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Sounds like Kevin Campbell to me.
    If i did call it that Kevin Campbell was finished at any level, then i take no credit whatsoever for it

Simon Davey being interviewed outside the ground as a fan witn his Welsh shirt on. Barnsley manager in our FA Cup semi final.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Simon Davey being interviewed outside the ground as a fan witn his Welsh shirt on. Barnsley manager in our FA Cup semi final.
    I marked him in a reserve game against the jacks in 1989. I was only 16 and i thought 'Oh ****' as it happens,he was in the reserves because he had refused to sign a new contract so was in dispute with the club. He didn't try an inch, didn't run, cross or tackle. He was telling me this whlie we were playing. ****ing bonus day off

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I marked him in a reserve game against the jacks in 1989. I was only 16 and i thought 'Oh ****' as it happens,he was in the reserves because he had refused to sign a new contract so was in dispute with the club. He didn't try an inch, didn't run, cross or tackle. He was telling me this whlie we were playing. ****ing bonus day off
    😂

Kevin Campbell?
    He was an Arsenal legend to be fair. Not so much for Cardiff though...almost 10 years after he finished playing for them (The Gunners, not the Bluebirds!)
    Last edited by Citizen's Nephew; 25-11-22 at 16:55. Reason: Stating the bleeding obvious!

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    He was an Arsenal legend to be fair. Not so much for Cardiff though...almost 10 years after he finished playing for them.
    His legs were gone. I have a mate who played with him at Forest and he says that he was a lovely bloke, couldn't do enough for you. He also had Versace wallpaper in his house....

His legs were gone. I have a mate who played with him at Forest and he says that he was a lovely bloke, couldn't do enough for you. He also had Versace wallpaper in his house....
    It was indeed super kev

He was still in good shape when he came to us

But had forgotten how to run and kick and head a ball

....clearly he was trying to paper over the cracks...

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It was indeed super kev

He was still in good shape when he came to us

But had forgotten how to run and kick and head a ball

They're both finished in my opinion. I can't feel pissed off at either Bale or Ramsey though.
    Agreed. They’ve gone on as far as they could and they’ve dragged us kicking and screaming to 3 major tournaments.

Gutted as I am after this morning's performance, Bale and Rambo carried this team for a decade. Bale is the best player ever to put on a Welsh shirt. They deserved this World Cup and I don't begrudge them anything. Time for a change though.

dreadful performance from all players...Iran deserved to win and it was humiliating to lose in such a fashion

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    dreadful performance from all players...Iran deserved to win and it was humiliating to lose in such a fashion
    No shit. You think the FAW, the management and the players think that was OK?

I'm beginning to think you're not that ITK.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    No shit. You think the FAW, the management and the players think that was OK?

I'm beginning to think you're not that ITK.
    I get you are pissed off, no need to take it out on my me.
    Plenty of people have aired their opinions i'm entitled to mine.

I hope the players are feeling awful and are ashamed of the effort they put in.Iran played their socks off.

Have a nice evening/day/afternoon

Effort was pretty far down the list of things that were wrong today, if you think the players weren't trying at their first World Cup don't know what to tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Gutted as I am after this morning's performance, Bale and Rambo carried this team for a decade. Bale is the best player ever to put on a Welsh shirt. They deserved this World Cup and I don't begrudge them anything. Time for a change though.
    I'd agree with that. Also, we're gutted about a poor performance IN the world cup, rather than a poor performance on the way to not qualifying for the world cup, having also played in the last 2 Euros, due in no small measure to those two.

The pair of them are physically shagged, just look how many games they had played by the time they were Colwell age. In horse racing very few good 2-year-olds continue to be top older horses.

This wasn't about effort, it was the brain writing cheques the legs couldn't cash. Think the same happened to the greatest ever player (Maradona) but he sort chemical help.

Quote Originally Posted by llan bluebird View Post
    The pair of them are physically shagged, just look how many games they had played by the time they were Colwell age. In horse racing very few good 2-year-olds continue to be top older horses.

This wasn't about effort, it was the brain writing cheques the legs couldn't cash. Think the same happened to the greatest ever player (Maradona) but he sort chemical help.
    Good post

Have you never heard of someone called John Charles ? Bale is not fit to clean his boots.

Quote Originally Posted by llan bluebird View Post

I follow horse racing as much as football. No idea what your going on to.😂

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    Have you never heard of someone called John Charles ? Bale is not fit to clean his boots.
    Really? What did he achieve?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Really? What did he achieve?
    are you real