+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Neil Warnock

Re: Neil Warnock

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    only a few months ago people were saying he was the next great manager, just hasn't worked out for him at Southampton
    He got the job because Matt Crocker, who is a Llanedeyrn lad and was an apprentice and good friend of jones, is Director of Football operations at Southampton. I hope Jones succeeds though as he's a genuine bloke.

I said it a while back, If Warnock is the solution, we really are in trouble and all that hard work to " rebuild " the ethos of the club will be blown away

People say Warnock cant do any damage, he can bring in Loans and Free's ( all from USM )

only a few months ago people were saying he was the next great manager, just hasn't worked out for him at Southampton
    Whilst im not saying he's god, good, or indifferent...he's been in charge of Southampton for 3 games lol

I said it a while back, If Warnock is the solution, we really are in trouble and all that hard work to " rebuild " the ethos of the club will be blown away

People say Warnock cant do any damage, he can bring in Loans and Free's ( all from USM )
    Bacuna and the mckay twins anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    That the club are willing to pay for or take the risk on?

Like who?
    Or who want to come here while under a transfer embargo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He got the job because Matt Crocker, who is a Llanedeyrn lad and was an apprentice and good friend of jones, is Director of Football operations at Southampton. I hope Jones succeeds though as he's a genuine bloke.
    Rumour at the Southampton academy ( at Bath STV ) was that he ( Matt ) was planning to leave Southampton before Christmas, has a bigger gig lined up

Why do people think he is the answer???? Failed at Stoke.....mediocre at Luton...now failing at Southampton
    Would not touch him with a bargepole.....

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Why do people think he is the answer???? Failed at Stoke.....mediocre at Luton...now failing at Southampton
    Because he’s a city fan, people think that makes him a better manager.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I think Vincent might be concerned that if we go down he won’t get anything back on his ahem “investment” here, I reckon he will swallow it and bend over if Warnock saved him £30 to £50 million by keeping us up. On a side note reckon Nathan Jones will be free tomorrow so maybe we should hang on because he’s welsh and stuff
    He could save money by paying the inevitable Sala fee, strengthening the team and building something.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    He’s a Spurs fan, I was reliably informed of that by some Rhondda lads I know very well.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    yeah...that is part of the problem....

Mediocre? He took over Luton when they were 15th in League 2 and left them 2nd in League 1 3 years later. He returned to Luton with them 23rd in the Championship with 9 games to go, finished 19th. They finished 12th the season after and last season finished 6th, narrowly losing in the playoff semi final

If you think Jones' time at Luton was mediocre, i'd hate to see what success is in your eyes. As a caveat, everybody failed at Stoke, that period is worse then anything we are going through.

...and in the meantime...Southampton 0-1 down....6 defeats in a row looming......equalling their club record.

My view has not changed.,...not convinced even a tiny jot.

...and as an aside (nothing to do with Jones...) WHAT has possessed Southampton to choose heir current strip...bloody awful......probably some commercial condition.........what is wrong with tradition????

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Seems a lot of noise about him coming back that wont go away.
    Meanwhile…..Carlos Corberan has lost two but won 8 since taking over at West Brom.

Wasn’t he available when the club fired Morison?

Meanwhile…..Carlos Corberan has lost two but won 8 since taking over at West Brom.

Wasn’t he available when the club fired Morison?
    yes...and would have been a great acquisition....

Quote Originally Posted by Ninian1962 View Post
    But would VT be willing to lose "face" back in Malaysia by re-associating with NW if his business colleagues and backers were made fully aware of NW`s record?
    Until May I’m sure they would

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I have never used the word 'Pretty' when it comes to football, it's you who uses the cliches, because i don't think that you have the first clue about the game, i'm no expert, far from it, i get plenty wrong, but i do try to be constructive, whether that's wrong or right. Once again, your negativity distorts your reasoning.

You don't want a change of style and philosophy, not because you believe in a system of play, but because you're destructive, you see people yearning for enjoyment and entertainment, as well as hard work and responsibility, and you hate it, because it would make people happy?

You don't even have an opinion, you just react. Sad to see really.
    You are right , your input on this matter is wrong wether you thinkmits constructive or not

You don't like route one football because it works

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    You are right , your input on this matter is wrong wether you thinkmits constructive or not

Didn't work very well last time we tried it

In fact we were at our best under Warnock when we didn't play route one football

It worked great in the Premier League.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Didn't work very well last time we tried it

In fact we were at our best under Warnock when we didn't play route one football
    I beg to differ

The football under warnock in his first season and the championship season was about as direct as it gets

It's exactly what is required now wether warnock or someone else does it

Percentages , free kicks , throw ins

Shots on targets

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    It worked great in the Premier League.
    We tried to play football and that's why we went down

We could have been another Stoke

I beg to differ

The football under warnock in his first season and the championship season was about as direct as it gets

Shots on targets
    Nope, our best football was the stuff we played early in the promotion season which included plenty of play on the floor. Direct? Sure, but it certainly wasn't route one

Also, the last time we played long ball football we lost 8 in a row

I beg to differ

Shots on targets
    Those who actually attended games in the promotion season under Warnock will know we played some cracking passing football - Warnock reverting to type when he saw how high up the table we were and that promotion was a distinct possiblilty.

People also remember playing Man Utd off that park at Old Trafford without resorting to "percentages, free kicks, throw ins".

If you ACTUALLY believe that any of that is going to happen, then you must have been supporting a different club to me over the last 20 years.

But back in the real world, we will either stick with Hudson and risk going down (I don't think that Tan will risk this) or go for a short term, safe pair of hands like Warnock, with some bonus for keeping us up, as we are absolutely desperate.

Anyone who seriously thinks that there is a long term strategy and talking about Director's of Football and CEO, is just plain delusional.
    If you read my post, I didn't say this is what is going to happen, but it's what a sensible person buying a business they know **** all about would do.

Having watched the City since 1971, I must be delusional thinking they could really achieve their potential, once a billionaire became involved.

Were not in the shit because of Hudson, were in the shit because of the inept leadership or lack of leadership from the board, since we got promoted under Warnock.

Although, Hudson inevitably will be sacked sooner rather than later and the whole cycle will continue again.