+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Neil Warnock

Re: Neil Warnock

People want a change of style but not willing to go through a rough patch to get there

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Not too much I hope we could do with him playing sooner rather than later, is he almost ready?
    Not sure. Would be good to see him get some game time against Leeds.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Morison was asked to change the playing style

This is what we are left with managed by a inexperienced coach

We are going down unless things change quickly

I hope all those who have moaned about route one football have their crash helmets on if we get relegated because they are going to get a roasting
    You seem to be getting a sense of satisfaction out of the situation we now find ourselves in, you have referenced fans on plenty of occasions when it comes to the change in style of play, like it's somehow their fault for wanting to see better football, more creativity, some thought and entertainment. It's the club that's at fault for not having a plan, employing the wrong people, not having football experience at board level, a succession of dud managers, and in Warnock, a self serving bloke who never leaves any club he has been at in a more healthy position.

It's probably more to do with your outlook on life that you don't value skill and expression on a football pitch, which incidentally, is much harder to achieve and braver than the shit served up by Warnock, which is almost cowardly, unwilling to compete in the right areas of the pitch, an Anti Football approach that always fails, and then what are you left with?

What most fans want to see is just a bit of progression, some ability, thought and skill on the pitch, as well as the hard work, tackles and everything else that goes with it, because teams who play like that work harder on and off the pitch than any team Warnock produces. City fans have never been puritans when it comes to football, and neither am i, but it seems that as usual, you have a hatred towards anything that could be deemed 'Progressive' when the fact is that what most of us would like to see, isn't.

Sometimes, i think that you would like to live in a world of dullness, where the only light that you see is through the crack in the ceiling, anything and everything that doesn't suit your thought process is considered a load of bollocks, it's almost like you don't want people to enjoy or express themselves.

We got rid of Warnock for a reason..he would be out of his mind to come back and club would a bigger laughing stock than it is for asking.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Agreed he has something though, if he can keep fit, could become a decent player. If Warnock gets in I think he would build his confidence and try and utilise him.

What's his brother like, is he similar in type of player build, etc, people are saying he could be better?
    Whereas Colwill isn’t your stereotypical Warnock player, I suspect that Warnock’s man management skills would definitely boost Colwill’s confidence and we’d see a much improved player.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    We got rid of Warnock for a reason..he would be out of his mind to come back and club would a bigger laughing stock than it is for asking.
    So you’d rather take your chances with Hudson then?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    People want a change of style but not willing to go through a rough patch to get there
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    It's not a choice between Warnock or Hudson. There are other managers out there.

Let's not forget whose squad this is...
    The man tasked with changing the style, yet we can't pass or make a pass stick, for shit.

So many on social media wanted Morisson to be given longer, yet there's no way he could have gotten a better tune out of this lot in my opinion.

He's the reason our squad is so damn short in key areas and we have very little going forward.

If you want to change the playing style, it takes a chunk of cash and a better manager, that's why the likes of Warnock are always going to have the opportunity to cherry pick a job like ours.

If Tan won't invest in a manager with at least some proven pedigree, and back that manager financially, we might as well be pissing into the wind.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Option 3 neither of them, what any sensible person who took on a business they had no previous experience of would do is hire the best people in that line of work they could afford, and let them run it.
    Sadly that's never been the case here.

Hiring a good CEO with a strong football background would be a start.
    In turn he would probably hire a DOF, who would ensure a playing style from Academy through to first team.to ensure continuity.

A good coach to work in that system would be a must, meanwhile, the DOF would be identifying a replacement, for when the inevitable happens and that coach moves on

We dont need another quick fix, we need a proper strategy and set up at the football club.

Alternatively, they could just be content to let it roll along as there is an exit strategy in place already?

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    Let's not forget whose squad this is...
    The man tasked with changing the style, yet we can't pass or make a pass stick, for shit.

So many on social media wanted Morisson to be given longer, yet there's no way he could have gotten a better tune out of this lot in my opinion.

He's the reason our squad is so damn short in key areas and we have very little going forward.

If you want to change the playing style, it takes a chunk of cash and a better manager, that's why the likes of Warnock are always going to have the opportunity to cherry pick a job like ours.

If Tan won't invest in a manager with at least some proven pedigree, and back that manager financially, we might as well be pissing into the wind.
    I disagree. He didn't get long enough. Only to be replaced by Hudson?

Also, this is not a dig at you personally, but how come Morison got so much shit for referring to "the group" but it's OK for everyone to say "get a tune"?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    You seem to be getting a sense of satisfaction out of the situation we now find ourselves in, you have referenced fans on plenty of occasions when it comes to the change in style of play, like it's somehow their fault for wanting to see better football, more creativity, some thought and entertainment. It's the club that's at fault for not having a plan, employing the wrong people, not having football experience at board level, a succession of dud managers, and in Warnock, a self serving bloke who never leaves any club he has been at in a more healthy position.

It's probably more to do with your outlook on life that you don't value skill and expression on a football pitch, which incidentally, is much harder to achieve and braver than the shit served up by Warnock, which is almost cowardly, unwilling to compete in the right areas of the pitch, an Anti Football approach that always fails, and then what are you left with?

What most fans want to see is just a bit of progression, some ability, thought and skill on the pitch, as well as the hard work, tackles and everything else that goes with it, because teams who play like that work harder on and off the pitch than any team Warnock produces. City fans have never been puritans when it comes to football, and neither am i, but it seems that as usual, you have a hatred towards anything that could be deemed 'Progressive' when the fact is that what most of us would like to see, isn't.

Sometimes, i think that you would like to live in a world of dullness, where the only light that you see is through the crack in the ceiling, anything and everything that doesn't suit your thought process is considered a load of bollocks, it's almost like you don't want people to enjoy or express themselves.
    Excellently put Tuerto.

Sludge would love to see Gareth Stoker at the heart of our midfield.

Recent developments have shown an attempt to change the neanderthal style of Warnock and other dinosaurs. I welcome that attempt
    and hope it is not abandoned in a pointless effort to avoid relegation his season and make no progress.

So much hypocrisy from those who were furious about all our goals coming from set-pieces and now desperate for set-piece goals to return.

We need a new manager, I think, but it is not Warnock. We should not be that desperate.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post

Blimey have you been sucking on a bong all afternoon ?

You might want poncey football because it enables you to pretend you know what you are talking about .

Cardiff City need to win , whatever it takes .

You are one of the prime movers when it comes to pretty football on here so if we do go down you can explain it all then .

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    Excellently put Tuerto.

Sludge would love to see Gareth Stoker at the heart of our midfield.

Recent developments have shown an attempt to change the neanderthal style of Warnock and other dinosaurs. I welcome that attempt
    and hope it is not abandoned in a pointless effort to avoid relegation his season and make no progress.

So much hypocrisy from those who were furious about all our goals coming from set-pieces and now desperate for set-piece goals to return.

We need a new manager, I think, but it is not Warnock. We should not be that desperate.

Well you and the football philosophy gang were complaining about route one and set piece goals mr munn

You are saying it wasn't?

Are you saying that you don't mind us going down as long as we pass the ball nicely ?

Good god man , you are living in Disney land

exactly this, lots of praise for what Brentford have achieved in another thread by some of the same people wanting Warnock back.
    Brentford wouldn't have considered for a moment turning to a manager like Warnock, they are where they are not because they stumbled across a good manager now, but they've built upto it for years.
    building something doesn't mean tearing it all down when it starts to go wrong and going back to what we've done before when we know it isn't a good solution

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Seems a lot of noise about him coming back that wont go away.
    Do you think it is possible that Warnock himself and/or his agent son might be the initial source of the noise and the "tip off" to the Mail reporter?

Warnock coming back as manager or any other role would be a disaster. OK he can`t manipulate transfers to the benefit of the family because of the transfer embargo but do the club really want to be associated with complaints about taking money from players to guarantee their selection etc.?

Would Vincent Tan want him back after his recent comments about being ripped off by NW over previous transfers? Seems unlikely that he would want to be seen to be fooled twice.

Would the club directors want him back? Seems even more unlikely after his previous antics of going behind their backs to the owner.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Blimey have you been sucking on a bong all afternoon ?

You might want poncey football because it enables you to pretend you know what you are talking about .

Cardiff City need to win , whatever it takes .

You are one of the prime movers when it comes to pretty football on here so if we do go down you can explain it all then .
    I have never used the word 'Pretty' when it comes to football, it's you who uses the cliches, because i don't think that you have the first clue about the game, i'm no expert, far from it, i get plenty wrong, but i do try to be constructive, whether that's wrong or right. Once again, your negativity distorts your reasoning.

You don't want a change of style and philosophy, not because you believe in a system of play, but because you're destructive, you see people yearning for enjoyment and entertainment, as well as hard work and responsibility, and you hate it, because it would make people happy?

You don't even have an opinion, you just react. Sad to see really.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninian1962 View Post
    Do you think it is possible that Warnock himself and/or his agent son might be the initial source of the noise and the "tip off" to the Mail reporter?

Warnock coming back as manager or any other role would be a disaster. OK he can`t manipulate transfers to the benefit of the family because of the transfer embargo but do the club really want to be associated with complaints about taking money from players to guarantee their selection etc.?

Would Vincent Tan want him back after his recent comments about being ripped off by NW over previous transfers? Seems unlikely that he would want to be seen to be fooled twice.

Would the club directors want him back? Seems even more unlikely after his previous antics of going behind their backs to the owner.
    I think Vincent might be concerned that if we go down he won’t get anything back on his ahem “investment” here, I reckon he will swallow it and bend over if Warnock saved him £30 to £50 million by keeping us up. On a side note reckon Nathan Jones will be free tomorrow so maybe we should hang on because he’s welsh and stuff

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I think Vincent might be concerned that if we go down he won’t get anything back on his ahem “investment” here, I reckon he will swallow it and bend over if Warnock saved him £30 to £50 million by keeping us up. On a side note reckon Nathan Jones will be free tomorrow so maybe we should hang on because he’s welsh and stuff
    We should have gone for Jones when we appointed Harris

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    But would VT be willing to lose "face" back in Malaysia by re-associating with NW if his business colleagues and backers were made fully aware of NW`s record?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    It's not a choice between Warnock or Hudson. There are other managers out there.

That the club are willing to pay for or take the risk on?

Like who?

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Option 3 neither of them, what any sensible person who took on a business they had no previous experience of would do is hire the best people in that line of work they could afford, and let them run it.
    Sadly that's never been the case here.

Hiring a good CEO with a strong football background would be a start.
    In turn he would probably hire a DOF, who would ensure a playing style from Academy through to first team.to ensure continuity.

A good coach to work in that system would be a must, meanwhile, the DOF would be identifying a replacement, for when the inevitable happens and that coach moves on

We dont need another quick fix, we need a proper strategy and set up at the football club.

Alternatively, they could just be content to let it roll along as there is an exit strategy in place already?
    If you ACTUALLY believe that any of that is going to happen, then you must have been supporting a different club to me over the last 20 years.

But back in the real world, we will either stick with Hudson and risk going down (I don't think that Tan will risk this) or go for a short term, safe pair of hands like Warnock, with some bonus for keeping us up, as we are absolutely desperate.

Anyone who seriously thinks that there is a long term strategy and talking about Director's of Football and CEO, is just plain delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    We should have gone for Jones when we appointed Harris
    only a few months ago people were saying he was the next great manager, just hasn't worked out for him at Southampton

Quote Originally Posted by Ninian1962 View Post
    But would VT be willing to lose "face" back in Malaysia by re-associating with NW if his business colleagues and backers were made fully aware of NW`s record?
    I work with Malaysians, even successfully relocated loads to Spain when moved some departments back. Sample size of a hundred or so, but over 10 years to a man, women, and child they've never heard of Cardiff, couldn't point to Wales on a map and have absolutely no idea Vincent Tan owned football clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I disagree. He didn't get long enough. Only to be replaced by Hudson?

Also, this is not a dig at you personally, but how come Morison got so much shit for referring to "the group" but it's OK for everyone to say "get a tune"?
    Didn't get long enough?
    How long are we supposed to wait exactly before "pulling the trigger"?
    Until we're relegated?

Who he was replaced by is irrelevant to the point I was obviously making. He left us with a squad incapable of doing anything but struggling to compete at this level.

"The group" isn't good enough, and that is Morison's fault. Hudson hasn't even been able to add to that squad so it's pointless turning on Hudson for failing to "get a tune", out of a the bag of shite he was left with.

The buck stops ultimately of course, with the board for continuously shite appointments. In terms of the squad we currently have though, that is very clearly Morison's fault.

Sorry mate, not having a dig here, but not too many on here at the time, wanted him to be given more time. And I don't think most would change their stance on that front either!