+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: FT: LEEDS UNITED 5 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: LEEDS UNITED 5 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Would that line up have given Boreham Wood a game? Unlikely. It screamed we are not interested in winning this match. It also demoralised already struggling youngsters and the fan base.

Other teams regularly play young players like 19 year old Gnoto last night for example.
    Our regime seems to be reluctant in playing youngster and always make excuses to hold them back. WOL insists on calling 24 year old Harris a ‘youngster’. If they are good enough, then play them, even if they are teenagers.

The other thing that occurred to me watching the game (and a few previously) is that we should be keeping an eye open for a new keeper. Alnwick ain't bad but his shot stopping is. The phrase "good feet but two left hands" springs to mind (apologies to all lefties, it is just a saying.

Last night was like watching a plucky non league side, drawn away at a Premier club and them being well and truly found out.
    At one stage the commentator mentioned that Sang wasn't a right back, I half expected him to follow up with Simpson is back on the shop floor tomorrow, Nelson has got to teach a class of 12 year olds, and Bagan is back in university studying.
    The Keeper is a postman and the coach needs to stop off at the local hospital so Sawyers can be Xrayed to see if there is any work in him.

About the only thing they didn't do is follow the Leeds team around at the end of the match to get their shirts as souvenirs.

Embarrassing from start to finish, and if we have clowns as coaches who think from the KO, that's the best way to start a game, they should all be following Hudson out the door.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Because they’re not being hailed as the future of our club. If any of them never played for us again I wouldn’t bay an eyelid.
    I wouldn't care if we swept the decks and started again.

Some of them aren't good enough. But then we were taking a gamble on most of them.

Tan has a lot to answer for. People can blame Morison and Hudson or whoever really. When one guy is picking them he is the one who should shoulder responsibility.

I'm not sure how you can keep blaming managers for this mess when they are hand picked by the owner and board not to mess up.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I don't see anyone hailing Colwill as the future of the club, what I see is that in a side almost completely lacking creativity and flair, there is a young player who has shown glimpses of those qualities in the past who barely ever plays in the first team these days - that seems barmy to me.
    I've seen a few here say that he should be at 10 and to build the team around him.

I just don't share the view of those. That's all.
    Just because he came through the academy doesn't mean he is above criticism or it can't be questioned how good he is.

Im still angry about the Colwill substitution more than the overall performance.

Im dreading what side Whitehead and Ramsut put on the pitch Saturday.

There are a lot of players not good enough and need moving on but thats going to be really difficult.

I do think calling the likes of Sang a disgrace to the shirt last night very harsh. He was just hopelessly out of his depth and is no right back and was destroyed by that Leeds player. I didnt see any lack of effort and he kept going.

He should have been subbed at half time. That moment early in the 2nd half when he was found in yards of space and just misconrolled the ball summed his night up. I have no idea why he was on the pitch 2nd half.

It didnt help an already poor back 5 having such a poor central midfield in front of them.

For all their lack of creativity Ralls Wintle give our defence a lot of protection.

We need players and a new manager yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Last night was like watching a plucky non league side, drawn away at a Premier club and them being well and truly found out.
    At one stage the commentator mentioned that Sang wasn't a right back, I half expected him to follow up with Simpson is back on the shop floor tomorrow, Nelson has got to teach a class of 12 year olds, and Bagan is back in university studying.
    The Keeper is a postman and the coach needs to stop off at the local hospital so Sawyers can be Xrayed to see if there is any work in him.

About the only thing they didn't do is follow the Leeds team around at the end of the match to get their shirts as souvenirs.

Embarrassing from start to finish, and if we have clowns as coaches who think from the KO, that's the best way to start a game, they should all be following Hudson out the door.
    Good post.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I know I got involved in it early on, but why has this thread turned into another debate about Colwill when players like Sang, Simpson, Bagan, Sawyers, Rinomhota, Harris and Etete were a disgrace to the shirt last night?

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Tomlin's best season at City. 36 games, 9 goals, 10 assists.

Robinson this season. 17 games, 6 goals, 5 assists

In your own words. You either know football or you don't.
    Tomlin 19 goals / assists in that season is still better than Robinsons 6 and 5 so far when you take into account minutes on the pitch and starts. Tomlins assists and goals actually meant something too, goals that dragged us to the play offs not a couple
    of consolation goals at the end of an absolute mauling in a cup tie when the other team had switched off it was so easy. To suggest Robinson is having a better season than Tomlin the year he almost single handidly got us into the play offs is utterly laughable.

Besides all that you’re still not getting it are you? Robinson is a forward, not a playmaker, Tomlin and Colwill (if played in the correct position) are playmakers.

Over his career Tomlin averages double the amount of passes per game than Robinson and more than 50% more key passes.

Robinson is one of our better players but a playmaker CAM he is not.

You either understand football or you don’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Im still angry about the Colwill substitution more than the overall performance.

Im dreading what side Whitehead and Ramsut put on the pitch Saturday.

There are a lot of players not good enough and need moving on but thats going to be really difficult.

I do think calling the likes of Sang a disgrace to the shirt last night very harsh. He was just hopelessly out of his depth and is no right back and was destroyed by that Leeds player. I didnt see any lack of effort and he kept going.

He should have been subbed at half time. That moment early in the 2nd half when he was found in yards of space and just misconrolled the ball summed his night up. I have no idea why he was on the pitch 2nd half.

It didnt help an already poor back 5 having such a poor central midfield in front of them.

For all their lack of creativity Ralls Wintle give our defence a lot of protection.

We need players and a new manager yesterday.
    He should have been subbed at half time for his own good.

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post

Good post. One thing I will say is that no coach has a chance if you do the basics as badly as we did last night.

The home game gave [some] people an elevated view of the strength of the playing squad, and yesterday probably did the opposite. Going back to the league, few teams 'outplay' us, they're just better at winning matches. In footballing terms Wigan were dire, 11 behind the ball for 90% of the game, but occasionally got the ball into our penalty box and created half chances. That's why we need - in the short term - a Warnock type.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Tomlin 19 goals / assists in that season is still better than Robinsons 6 and 5 so far when you take into account minutes on the pitch and starts. Tomlins assist and goals actually meant something too, goals that dragged us to the play offs not a couple
    of consolation goals at the end of an absolute mauling in a cup tie when the other team had switched off it was so easy.

Besides all that you’re still not getting it are you? Robinson is a forward, not a playmaker, Tomlin and Colwill (if played in the correct position) are playmakers.

Over his career Tomlin averages double the amount of passes per game than Robinson and more than 50% more key passes per game.

You either understand football or you don’t.
    What am I not getting?
    Robinson has 5 assist this season over Colwill the playmaker with 1 over his whole City career.

I did actually realise that 19 was more than 11 but Robinson has played less than half the games Tomlin did that season. If he continues he will have a better season goal and assist wise than Tomlin. So yeah, taking actual game changing stats into account he is a little better than prime Lee Tomlin, who let's be fair we hardly ever saw.

Pass amounts can be skewed. The Jack Centre halves probably have plenty given their style. Most needless passes across the backline.

You either understand football or you don't.

You can twist figures any which way we like to suit.

In my opinion Robinson will be a lot more like a prime Tomlin stats wise than Colwill ever will based on what I've seen to date.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Abysmal..

For those fans who went,City should fund their next outing for free.. as compensation and a provide written apology..
    Why??
    Fans know the riskbegfore going but if we are to go down this route can i put my travel expenses in for the real shit years following city

Leeds are an excellent counter attacking side, so going a goal down in the first minute absolutely ruined any chance we had of getting a result.
    Sang did poorly for that goal, not challenging either the ball or the man, but we were clearly resting people for the Millwall game, so I'm not sure who else we could have played there.

once we were behind Leeds could just pick us off on the break time and time again.

shit result but exactly what we deserved.

don't see the need to single out Colwill for criticism at all, everyone said when we started to have youngsters in the team that they would make mistakes and be inconsistent but they need to go through that to become better players in the long run- then people seem to forget that and write them off as soon as they have a below par game.

do we really want to return to the days when we have an average team age of 30 and our young player of the year is 25?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Leeds are an excellent counter attacking side, so going a goal down in the first minute absolutely ruined any chance we had of getting a result.
    Sang did poorly for that goal, not challenging either the ball or the man, but we were clearly resting people for the Millwall game, so I'm not sure who else we could have played there.

once we were behind Leeds could just pick us off on the break time and time again.

shit result but exactly what we deserved.

don't see the need to single out Colwill for criticism at all, everyone said when we started to have youngsters in the team that they would make mistakes and be inconsistent but they need to go through that to become better players in the long run- then people seem to forget that and write them off as soon as they have a below par game.

do we really want to return to the days when we have an average team age of 30 and our young player of the year is 25?
    Not really. I'd take a mid table older age group than what we currently have though.

We're not producing world beaters.
    If saying that a player isn't as good as some think he is based on what I've seen during his City first team career is singling people out for criticism then the world has gone nuts.

Some people talk about him like he should be an automatic pick and a player for the future. He needs to make progress soon if that is to be the case. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Not really. I'd take a mid table older age group than what we currently have though.

We're not producing world beaters.
    If saying that a player isn't as good as some think he is based on what I've seen during his City first team career is singling people out for criticism then the world has gone nuts.

Some people talk about him like he should be an automatic pick and a player for the future. He needs to make progress soon if that is to be the case. That's all.
    I've not seen anyone saying he's an automatic pick, more that they'd like to see him given more game time to develop.

if we get in a decent manager and we finish the season in mid table - and a couple of these younger players really establish themselves as capable at this level then that's about the best we can hope for for the season from here.
    you can't blame fans for wanting to have something to get a bit excited about l, and youth players coming through is that for a lot of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I've not seen anyone saying he's an automatic pick, more that they'd like to see him given more game time to develop.

if we get in a decent manager and we finish the season in mid table - and a couple of these younger players really establish themselves as capable at this level then that's about the best we can hope for for the season from here.
    you can't blame fans for wanting to have something to get a bit excited about l, and youth players coming through is that for a lot of people.
    If snap your hand off for mid table at this stage.
    Youngsters or not.

I agree on the youth players. I think we continually miss the boat on this as it has a lot of improvement still to do.
    Not spending any money and neglecting your youth development channels is a recipe for disaster.
    I'm not sure the year all the kids started breaking through all of them merited it. It was a combination of Tan wanting to save money and telling McCarthy at the time they needed to be brought in by hook or by crook.
    A few of them that we saw are struggling in League 2.