Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    The economy is in tatters
    Inequality is increasing drastically
    The NHS is on its knees
    Climate change every year is becoming more and more of a significant risk
    Poverty increasing
    Highest energy bills in the world

Conservatives priorities 'but but there's transgender people'

It's amazing how conservatives parrot lines from billionaire owned media so you don't focus on the points I've listed above. Some may even think you're thick for it.
    I for one am sick of the Tory government.
    It's way past time for a different direction and I hope Labour win the next election.

Is it not possible to make room to discuss this very important sensitive topic in addition to that?

Re: SNP on BBCQT

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    I for one am sick of the Tory government.
    It's way past time for a different direction and I hope Labour win the next election.

Is it not possible to make room to discuss this very important sensitive topic in addition to that?
    Yes it's fine to talk about but when 50% of the headlines in newspapers and the news seem to be this 'issue' it's beyond frustrating. Seems like it's the #1 concern for Sunak as well.

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    You’re right, people like her are just controversial for controversials sake. I’m not sure there needs to be a place for that but that’s where we are.

Admittedly I haven’t heard too much from her thankfully, given she tends to be appear mostly in right wing journalism, but of the few times I’ve seen her she sneered and said that climate change was complete nonsense. She gave off the air that anyone who didn’t agree with that, or couldn’t see her point just wasn’t on her level.

With regards the subject matter, like others I find the whole subject a very difficult one because it’s not something I’ve lived, or anyone close to me has lived. It’s pretty clear that a rapist who still has a penis shouldn’t be in a female prison but it seems the far right want to blow up this isolated case into a hysterical political hot potato where immigration once sat
    "Far right"?! I think most people view the SNP of massively mishandling the situation, which is as you say, a delicate one.

There's nothing far right about any of it.

The NHS is on its knees
    Poverty increasing

It's amazing how conservatives parrot lines from billionaire owned media so you don't focus on the points I've listed above. Some may even think you're thick for it.
    Do you honestly think that if you Google transgender people, that it is mainly conservatives talking about it?

It's become an increasingly political issue unfortunately, and that helps no one much. But this is all tied to the identity politics debate that if anything most on the right would rather argue against for precisely these reasons

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    They shouldn't be accused of bigotry unless they are being bigoted.

Unfortunately somebody has to be the arbiter of whether those concerns are reasonable. It was only a few months ago that some women were seriously suggesting men should cross the road if they were walking near them because it would make them feel safer, which is clearly unreasonable.

I've seen quite a lot of unisex toilets recently, there is one at Gatwick Airport, it's just full of cubicles and a shared sink area, what's the difference between men and women sharing that facility and a the trans toilet issue.

Sport is a clear one for me, if there is any contact involved, there shouldnt be trans in women's sport. I would probably ban it in all sports from a competitive pov.
    It seems reasonable to suggest a man in a dress is not a woman but that is deemed to be bigoted by some. In fact, many women were sent death and rape threats if they said so. The whole point of having a women only space is that they are, theoretically and in law, able to have some protection from predatory behaviour, so a unisex toilet might work in an airport (as long as there are other options) but not necessarily elsewhere.

The NHS is on its knees
    Poverty increasing

on the other hand the hive mind knows it has to say men are women, but knows deep down it doesn't want a penis ,in the wi spa in the states aroused penis around their women and girls, it has to be ignored to keep your place in the hive, if a politician doesn't know what a woman is .. oh dear

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    The age of consent in all parts of the UK is 16, isn't it?

Not sure what the SNP are proposing, but it can't be that.
    Sorry, wrong choice of wording on my part. What I meant was, at the moment, a person has to be 18 before he/she can make the decision to undergo "trans" treatment. Scottish parliament voted to reduce this to 16.

Well whatever else it has done, it's impacted on polling, temporarily at least.

It is the first time I can remember seeing Sturgeon on the back foot mind.

https://unherd.com/thepost/is-the-ge...ll-tax-moment/