+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Champions League Odds

International

Re: Champions League Odds

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post
    As much as I love Poch and I will remember his time here fondly - I'm never keen to see managers returning to clubs as it seems to turn out like a disaster more often than not.

Let's not forget that he was sacked too.

We had years of him being linked to Man United, Real Madrid, PSG (where he landed after being sacked) and even Barcelona of all places - but instead of receiving compensation for him from another club, Levy sacked him.

That suggests that they had a huge falling out.

The majority of fans are fed up of Levy and some of his decisions that don't make any sense (Mourinho coming in for Poch being one of them).

As long as Levy is still here then it's a poisoned chalice for managers.
    All managers get sacked eventually, or leave by the dreaded ;mutual consent'

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Yeah, but it's more fun when players get involved.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    That wasn't the point that I was making.

His value had never been higher a few months prior to the sacking and he was being targeted by some of the biggest clubs in Europe.

A few weeks into the new season and he's being replaced by Jose Mourinho.

It wasn't an ordinary example of a manager being sacked or leaving by mutual consent.

'Several Spurs players pleading with Poch to return | Conte to leave before summer?'
    http://www.skysports.com/share/12829364

Contes problem is hes not identifying Ben Davies as a central midfielder and playing him in a dobule pivot with Hojberg last night.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Contes problem is hes not identifying Ben Davies as a central midfielder and playing him in a dobule pivot with Hojberg last night.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Errrm...... nope

Wish I'd have watched that game!
    It was worth a punt (out of the dough I’d already won). If they had got through last night they’d have been one of the favourites, but as Dembe mentioned above, perennial bottlers/under achievers they are.
    Messi looked like he’d lost interest during the warm up, and Mbappe just didn’t do much.
    Looking at the teams left, Man City should have a great chance, but alas, they fall into the same category as PSG.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    It was worth a punt (out of the dough I’d already won). If they had got through last night they’d have been one of the favourites, but as Dembe mentioned above, perennial bottlers/under achievers they are.
    Messi looked like he’d lost interest during the warm up, and Mbappe just didn’t do much.
    Looking at the teams left, Man City should have a great chance, but alas, they fall into the same category as PSG.
    I watched bits of it but couldn't hold interest. One shot from a silly angle from Mbappe and a badly controlled pass, then Messi getting caught with the ball being chased as he broke away on a counter..has he lost a yard of pace?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Oi! This hurts for some/one of us

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    If Bookies compiled CL odds on whether team were “Bottlers” Man City would be 66/1 😂
    Surely 1/66

Oi! This hurts for some/one of us
    What is your Spurs connection Tito ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    A failed glory hunter, should have picked Arsenal instead.

I was born in north London and taken to my first Spurs game when I was 4.

Who were the first players you remember seeing?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    A failed glory hunter, should have picked Arsenal instead.
    I guess that would be a better idea than supporting individual managers

Who were the first players you remember seeing?
    Probably Hoddle & Ardiles.

How about you?

I guess that would be a better idea than supporting individual managers
    Spurs have always been my favourite London team, with West Ham runners up.

Probably Hoddle & Ardiles.

How about you?
    Before my time, Jimmy Greaves from old footage, and then Son, Bale, Hoddle, Gascoigne and Modric. Maybe Ginola too.

Before my time, Jimmy Greaves from old footage, and then Son, Bale, Hoddle, Gascoigne and Modric. Maybe Ginola too.
    You asked me who were the first players that I could remember seeing - not who are my favourite players.

Who were the first players that you remember seeing?

You asked me who were the first players that I could remember seeing - not who are my favourite players.

Who were the first players that you remember seeing?
    I only notice the flair players, I can't remember anybody else!

I only notice the flair players, I can't remember anybody else!
    You're telling me that David Ginola and Heung-Min Son are two of the players that you first remember seeing?!

This is bizarre.

Here he is South Wales football police.

It's great that folks like yourself move from London and elsewhere to south wales and also follow cardiff

There are cardiff fans on here who also support Chelsea after growing up in Surrey, Birmingham City , like my old man did , Glasgow rangers after living in Scotland etc

But idiots from cardiff supporting man United having spent their whole life two miles from Cardiff City's ground ?

Naaa

I only found out a few years ago Spurs really view Chelsea , not Arsenal as their main Derby and Rivals ?

You're telling me that David Ginola and Heung-Min Son are two of the players that you first remember seeing?!

This is bizarre.
    Wall to wall football is a relatively new thing for me. I've lived all around the world and in some places there wasn't even any any football on the TV! I've named the players who I remember seeing that made Spurs my favourite London team. Are you on the spectrum or something, cos you get quite worked up when things aren't in a specific order.

Wall to wall football is a relatively new thing for me. I've lived all around the world and in some places there wasn't even any any football on the TV! I've named the players who I remember seeing that made Spurs my favourite London team. Are you on the spectrum or something, cos you get quite worked up when things aren't in a specific order.
    Why are you bringing "order" into this.

I tried to ask you the exact same question that you asked me this morning (which I answered like a normal human being) - who were the first players that you remember seeing.

You've gone on a wild tangent (which is your usual M.O.) and now we've ended up with you having a not so subtle dig about me having a potential disability to deflect from that.

It would just be nice if you could follow the basic rules of conversation from time to time - but that seems impossible for you.