+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eurovision Thong Contest

Re: Eurovision Thong Contest

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    It was on the front page/first story of BBC News yesterday.
    I’m not one that wants to see the BBC defunded…I just wish it would get back to the fantastic news organization that it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    The day after the event it is still the leading story on UK news on the BBC.
    It was never this big a deal and maybe the tabloids would give a shit…but the BBC?

Surely there are bigger, more important stories in the UK today?
    11 million watched it last night. Like it or not, that is a big news story.

It's utter Tommy rot

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I must admit, I don't mind them making a big event of Eurovision because it is a huge event for people across the country having parties etc

I do find the BBCs obsession with Glastonbury a bit questionable though. There are loads of festivals. I'd probably rather they covered more of them with less gusto rather than going mad about one of them.
    They cover Reading as well don't they?

To be fair, when you consider the size of acts at Glastonbury it would be questionable if the BBC didn't cover it as much as they do

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    They cover Reading as well don't they?

To be fair, when you consider the size of acts at Glastonbury it would be questionable if the BBC didn't cover it as much as they do
    Glasto is huge. People like Beyonce want to headline it despite knowing they could get a lot more elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Glasto is huge. People like Beyonce want to headline it despite knowing they could get a lot more elsewhere.
    I used to go but it's full of Tories in camper vans now and silly nostalgia acts like Shirley Bassey

It's like Butlins ff sake