+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eurovision Thong Contest

Eurovision Thong Contest

Boob Olympics

Wet Christmas

Good Grief these people are talentless

He seems like a nice chap but that Sam Ryder from last year doesn't look like releasing anything of any note ever

Re: Eurovision Thong Contest

tesco pork sausages £2,65p a pound

You're such a psycho!

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Boob Olympics

Wet Christmas

Good Grief these people are talentless

He seems like a nice chap but that Sam Ryder from last year doesn't look like releasing anything of any note ever
    He has a box set

Well I for one love it. Great evening watching it. 👍

Loved it, best one in a while. You just have to take it for what it is and enjoy.

I am watching Sharon Stone in her workout suit in total recall

That eurovision is drivel and none of them have much above pub talent

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    He has a box set
    A box set of complete bollocks

Normal service has been resumed

UK 25th out of 26

Mind you we still did better than Germany.

Didn't watch a note of the competition this year just caught the last 5 minutes of voting.

(Sweden won by the way. Next year's will be in Sweden on the 50th anniversary of ABBA's win)

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Normal service has been resumed

UK 25th out of 26

Mind you we still did better than Germany.

Didn't watch a note of the competition this year just caught the last 5 minutes of voting.

(Sweden won by the way. Next year's will be in Sweden on the 50th anniversary of ABBA's win)
    I would rather watch Bargain Hunt and that's bollocks

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I am watching Sharon Stone in her workout suit in total recall

That eurovision is drivel and none of them have much above pub talent
    Now you're talking utter nonsense.

Most pub talent is crap, but it's probably loud and has guitars so you're happy. No need to be a musical snob.

This evening I've been a part of a choir that has sung Mozart's Requiem and got home to watch through Eurovision on catch-up. Can't accuse me of having a narrow musical mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Now you're talking utter nonsense.

Most pub talent is crap, but it's probably loud and has guitars so you're happy. No need to be a musical snob.

This evening I've been a part of a choir that has sung Mozart's Requiem and got home to watch through Eurovision on catch-up. Can't accuse me of having a narrow musical mind.
    You are a musician . You can play the piano and fairly well it seems .

The crap at eurovision is rubbish , much of it is backing tracks and on the guitar solos it was obvious that most of them were fake

It's high camp and I can understand why people want to dress up and party but it's musically a complete joke

Students , nurses , hen nights

Eurovision is perfect for that

Ru Paul's drag night or whatever its called , same sort of mindless nonsense

Harmless but nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Loved it, best one in a while. You just have to take it for what it is and enjoy.
    Ot you can just ignore it like I’ve done since.around the time Abba won it - though that’s become harder to do lately because it tends to go on longer than the football season does these days.

My Eurovision memories stretch back to Kenneth McKellar singing some awful ballad while wearing a kilt, naffness can be funny sometimes, but I’ve never got the joke when it comes to Eurovision.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Ot you can just ignore it like I’ve done since.around the time Abba won it - though that’s become harder to do lately because it tends to go on longer than the football season does these days.

My Eurovision memories stretch back to Kenneth McKellar singing some awful ballad while wearing a kilt, naffness can be funny sometimes, but I’ve never got the joke when it comes to Eurovision.
    Joke that sums it up

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

I remember that!
    My dad had the paper in front of him(Maybe Radio Times?) with a list of the acts, giving marks as they performed.
    When the announcer introduced KM "wearing traditional dress" my dad threw his pencil at the TV

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    I remember that!
    My dad had the paper in front of him(Maybe Radio Times?) with a list of the acts, giving marks as they performed.
    When the announcer introduced KM "wearing traditional dress" my dad threw his pencil at the TV

It's been quite tricky to avoid it. 5 Live have featured it, often as their lead story for about a week. I'm not interested but I'm happy for those who are. I'm less happy about it dominating the news.

IMG_0491.jpg this was one of the highlights and I was glad that Moldova finished above the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    It's been quite tricky to avoid it. 5 Live have featured it, often as their lead story for about a week. I'm not interested but I'm happy for those who are. I'm less happy about it dominating the news.
    do the bbc pay for it , its everywhere on the channels

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    Don't know if it's specifically the BBC, but the UK pays a shedload into it.
    That's why we never have to go through the semi-finals. (I think a few other countries are the same)

Quote Originally Posted by blue sky View Post
    IMG_0491.jpg this was one of the highlights and I was glad that Moldova finished above the UK.
    Christ that was dire

But better than our lass

Must have been the sympathy vote

Has it finished yet?

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    It was on the front page/first story of BBC News yesterday.
    I’m not one that wants to see the BBC defunded…I just wish it would get back to the fantastic news organization that it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    It was on the front page/first story of BBC News yesterday.
    I’m not one that wants to see the BBC defunded…I just wish it would get back to the fantastic news organization that it used to be.
    I must admit, I don't mind them making a big event of Eurovision because it is a huge event for people across the country having parties etc

I do find the BBCs obsession with Glastonbury a bit questionable though. There are loads of festivals. I'd probably rather they covered more of them with less gusto rather than going mad about one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I must admit, I don't mind them making a big event of Eurovision because it is a huge event for people across the country having parties etc

I do find the BBCs obsession with Glastonbury a bit questionable though. There are loads of festivals. I'd probably rather they covered more of them with less gusto rather than going mad about one of them.
    The day after the event it is still the leading story on UK news on the BBC.
    It was never this big a deal and maybe the tabloids would give a shit…but the BBC?

Surely there are bigger, more important stories in the UK today?