+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: DVP pre-season

DVP pre-season

I see the Development team played a friendly at West Brom yesterday. From a few players' tweets, I know that Bird scored and O'Reilly kept a clean sheet in his 45 minutes, but that's it. No tweets from the club and nothing (as yet) on the website. Anyone know the result?
    And they're home on Wednesday afternoon against our sister club Kortrijk. Anybody know where it's happening? Last season we seemed to abandon the (convenient) athletics stadium for the (too much hassle for a non-driver) Vale for DVP games, presumably because the pitch was better there. While I don't want to see anyone get injured, it would be great to see them back in Cardiff this season.

Re: DVP pre-season

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Pathila View Post
    I see the Development team played a friendly at West Brom yesterday. From a few players' tweets, I know that Bird scored and O'Reilly kept a clean sheet in his 45 minutes, but that's it. No tweets from the club and nothing (as yet) on the website. Anyone know the result?
    And they're home on Wednesday afternoon against our sister club Kortrijk. Anybody know where it's happening? Last season we seemed to abandon the (convenient) athletics stadium for the (too much hassle for a non-driver) Vale for DVP games, presumably because the pitch was better there. While I don't want to see anyone get injured, it would be great to see them back in Cardiff this season.
    Le Fondre mention a game against West Brom in a tweet he posted on Friday. I did search but found no info out about it.

That makes sense that it was a development game as he's been training with them.

Just discovered that tomorrow's game is "a training match", whatever that means, kicking off at 2pm at Trefforest. Still no idea what happened at WBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Pathila View Post
    Just discovered that tomorrow's game is "a training match", whatever that means, kicking off at 2pm at Trefforest. Still no idea what happened at WBA.
    We won 1-0.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    We won 1-0.
    Paul Abbandonato eat your heart out.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Paul Abbandonato eat your heart out.
    The poor guy's been waiting eight days for that result, I thought it best to cut to the chase.

Blue in the Face

5-1 win at Barry today, haven't seen much about it on here. Anyone got any feedback? Decent team out, looks like 3 at the back for them too - O'Reilly, Coxe, Rees, Baker, Menayese, Blaise, Humphries, Weymans, O'Sullivan, Bird and Healey started. Weymans got a hat-trick, Menayese and sub Jarrad Welch scored the other two.

Blue in the Face

Thanks Loramski. Good to see PT has us playing other systems at youth level too. A lot of the names you've dropped are ones I think worth keeping an eye on. As much as I hope some footage pops up on Player, maybe it's a good thing that the younger players can play experimental games without over exposure

Blue in the Face

Forgot to add that Menayese can play in midfield too so we'd nee confirmation on the formation, though it seems likely Loramski is right

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    5-1 win at Barry today, haven't seen much about it on here. Anyone got any feedback? Decent team out, looks like 3 at the back for them too - O'Reilly, Coxe, Rees, Baker, Menayese, Blaise, Humphries, Weymans, O'Sullivan, Bird and Healey started. Weymans got a hat-trick, Menayese and sub Jarrad Welch scored the other two.
    This is how the Academy should function.
    All our teams from top to bottom should be embracing the same philosophy. Unfortunately under Slade we had no philosophy and add to that there was so little confidence in Slade throughout the club there was never any opportunity to adopt this strategy

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    This is how the Academy should function.
    All our teams from top to bottom should be embracing the same philosophy. Unfortunately under Slade we had no philosophy and add to that there was so little confidence in Slade throughout the club there was never any opportunity to adopt this strategy
    Thank **** Slade didn't put his stamp on any of the younger teams. Useless twat.

Doesn't sound like O Sullivan is in Trollopes plans then.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    Think you're right. Maybe he's not good enough after all the hype? Think the club needs to let players that are 2O+ go if they don't think they're going to make it. Let them go for low fees/frees but with sell on clauses.

Barry Town 1 - CCFC DVP 5
    Match report
    http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/...-3204889.aspx?

Hilarious picture of their keeper down the page doing god knows what.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    Hard to argue with this but him and Rhys Healey must be cursing their luck a bit. We move to five at the back and then find that only Connolly and Fabio are available of the senior defenders so Ajayi, Tutonda, John and James all get a chance with the first team. At the other end of the pitch, with (generally) only five places available rather than six, O'Keefe, Ralls, Whitts, Immers, Pilkington, Noone, Gounongbe and Zohore all report for duty along with Adeyemi, Harris and Kennedy. It's hard to see Tommy breaking through here in the near future but football's a funny old game apparently.

I agree with your reply to thehumblegringo's good post too, eloquently put. If there was a battle of wills between Slade and the youth coaches here then thank goodness Slade lost it. He can take his Neolithic nonsense elsewhere and, hopefully, the youngsters will now feel they've got a chance of making it here.