+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: City Fans at the Euros

Re: City Fans at the Euros

I actually spoke to quite a few jacks in Paris and to be fair they were good lads.

I enjoyed just being Welsh out there and while it was always good to chat to other Cardiff fans out there, it didn't really bother me who people supported it was just a great party

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    Can you show me a photo of the rugby tops you came across. I have had a look and can't find the "lots of rugby tops at the semi"
    England got knocked out Russ.
    How is pre season going with Charlton, got them relegated yet?

What does it matter?

I'm sure all Welsh clubs were well represented and there were plenty of fans out there who like football but don't follow a Welsh club.

First person I bumped into that I knew was a 62 year old man who coached me as a kid and has been involved with grass roots football in South Wales for 40+ years. He doesn't follow any club just a guy who likes all Welsh teams to do well including the national team.

How you can guess how many of each club is staggering and also pretty pointless?!?

The type of pointless point scoring thread you'd expect on ****.

Really enjoyed mixing with other fans during our 4 days in Bordeaux. The ones we drank with happened to be mainly North Walians but had plenty of chats with jacks whilst waiting to be served etc.

We spent a few hours one afternoon with some Man Utd supporting North Walians. Long standing season ticket holders and my initial scepticism wained after talking to them for a while, particularly when one of them started blubbing as he talked about the signed Giggs shirt his family had bought him (we were steaming a bit by this point). Nugent joke here.

Rarely saw any club shirts and as somebody pointed out they looked a bit odd dotted amongst a sea of red. Rivalries make club football more fun as does temporary cessation when Wales play.

I don't think the OP or others on this thread were saying anything different TBH, so just saying like.

I reckon Brugge, Anderlecht, Standard Leige etc probably outnumbered any City fans by about 20 to 1 during the quarters. Couldn't move for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Good to see the chip on their shoulder is still there and not just with the Pencoed retard
    Irony alert ....

I saw lots of city fans, I saw lots of jacks too.

To back up lawnmower, I saw more than a few rugby tops in Lyon as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pencoed Jack View Post
    Irony alert ....
    You think that's something your mum used to flatten your shirts

Now run off to planet peg to tell them how mean we are to you .

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    I reckon Brugge, Anderlecht, Standard Leige etc probably outnumbered any City fans by about 20 to 1 during the quarters. Couldn't move for them.
    Was only 10 miles to the border mind, imagine we had played them in Bristol or something. Might even see a few Swansea.....

Only joking, I know there was a a fair few, it was good to see, decent people by and large aswell.

Why so many getting touchy about this ? Splott just saying there seemed to be loads of City out there- I agree, however no one knows the overall split and probably a lot there were Liverpool and Man U too

Quote Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
    I neither heard or saw that in Lyon to be honest.
    You went to Lyon did you? You should have said.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post

In all fairness the early rounds clashed with his timeshare week

This original OP has been claimed by grange end 1927 as his own again on ****. Weird that some idiot from over there is copying word for word what someone as said here as his own.

Yes, I did. Do you have a problem with that?

Yes, I did. Do you have a problem with that?
    Bit early in the day for the tough guy act Croesy. Go and have a lie down.

Bit early in the day for the tough guy act Croesy. Go and have a lie down.
    What on earth are you talking about?

But thank you for sharing anyway.

Goodbye.

Jesus, this went well didn't it. It wasn't meant to be a Welsh divide thing, I mixed with fans from all over Wales and got on great with them, I made some great mates from Swansea and from the North and drank with them at the various cities we visited. It was more of a question about the English situation really, were there thousands from Pompey or hundreds from Grimsby etc? I would imagine that Swansea & Wrexham were there in more numbers than any English club as well. It was fantastic that we all got on and bought into the TogetherStronger motto. Loved my chats with the same bunch of Jacks who I seemed to bump into all over, decent lads, proper football fans.

Blog Entries

What on earth are you talking about?

But thank you for sharing anyway.

Goodbye.

#CityAsOne

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post

#CityAsOne

I saw loads of Swansea fans out there I'd say of the 25000 Welsh fans out there minus the 10000 Cardiff fans the remaining 15000 were quite feasibly all Jacks.

Makes me wonder if Swansea were the largest represented club in France.

I'd imagine that Cardiff would have the most representatives seeing as Cardiff is the biggest city in Wales...

So of your 14k fans who supported you last season 10k of them were in France ?
    I would imagine the bulk of the support was made up from the tens of thousands of fans that have supported Cardiff over the years. Wouldn't you? I'd say in the grand scheme of things, last season's club attendances are pretty irrelevant when it comes to Wales' support at the tournament.

I could see how you might have a different view. But you have to remember that professional football has been played in South Wales since long before your lot got to the Premier League.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I would imagine the bulk of the support was made up from the tens of thousands of fans that have supported Cardiff over the years. Wouldn't you? I'd say in the grand scheme of things, last season's club attendances are pretty irrelevant when it comes to Wales' support at the tournament.

I could see how you might have a different view. But you have to remember that professional football has been played in South Wales since long before your lot got to the Premier League.
    Does it matter where any supporter was from or what team they supported? Everyone of the tens of thousands of Welsh fans over there backed their country 100%. That's all that matters.

Does it matter where any supporter was from or what team they supported? Everyone of the tens of thousands of Welsh fans over there backed their country 100%. That's all that matters.
    In real-life, no. But in the context of this this thread, yes. Obviously. ****wit.