Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
Yeah, Cardiff 3 Wolves 1, Cardiff 2 Leeds 1, Cardiff 3 Blackpool 0, Cardiff 2 Watford 1, Cardiff 4 Burnley 0, Cardiff 2 Hull 1, Cardiff 2 Palace 1, Cardiff 0 Brighton 2, Cardiff 3 Blackburn 0 and Cardiff 3 Forest 0 were as boring as f*ck weren't they and don't get me started on Blackburn 1 Cardiff 4 or Hull 2 Cardiff 2 - I'm sure home fans went home bored out of their minds after wurzels 4 Cardiff 2, Palace 3 Cardiff 2, Forest 3 Cardiff 1 and Charlton 5 Cardiff 4 in the early weeks of the season as well.

Yes, some games that season were harder to watch than I would have thought they would have been for a side that were winning the title, but this rewriting of history which says it was always dull that season is nonsense.

There were plenty of people having a moan on here (myself included), but, from memory, that was about the colours we were wearing - I can only recall one constant critic when it came to boring football on here that season and he tended to get shouted down by others who seemed to be pleased that we were on our way to a promotion that, looking back now, was clearly going to happen from New Year onwards.
Sense at last.

Went to Blackpool away in Mackay's first season and we drew 1-1.
I think it's the best I've ever seen us play away though, we completely blew them away and if Kenny Miller knew where the target was that day it would've been about 10-1, the football was fantastic.
Also a mention of the City 5-3 Barnsley game and Mackay's first home game beating Bristol 3-1, didn't hear many complaints about the football then.