+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: China

Re: China

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I don't beleive it either, its nonsense.
    I think he must have been bribed to say that!
    There's a difference between bribery and destroying a country from within. With a bit of luck there might be some repercussions over that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Spot on, and that is why I posted this on the main board, as I don't think everybody realises just how close to the edge we really are.
    Maybe you underestimate people. And maybe you have difficulty in discussing topics without coming over as highly egotistical, arrogant, narcissistic, dismissive, intransigent, divisive and insulting. Maybe you should consider why you are possibly the most unpopular person on this message board and why you seem to be unable to win people over in a rational manner despite your self-declared high level of intelligence and academic level.

A very clever person should be able to argue and influence in a far more effective manner and to refrain from endlessly belittling other people and from the endless and repetitive lardy/cyril bollocks every day of your life. I am someone who doesn't usually respond to you myself (and only see your posts since I changed laptops as I put you on ignore) as you have misquoted me repeatedly in the past and misrepresented my views. You obviously think that you come over as a victor as a result (not something that many posters feel the need to be) but you should ask yourself how you come over to others and, ironically, how many people even read your posts. I would wager that you are the poster who is most consigned to the 'ignore' category on here.

I won't be getting involved in any exchanges with you regarding the above, by the way. It would be fruitless.

You mean the reason we are in trouble is because he is president?
    I mean the fact that he is President gives a very clear indication of the mess the world is in.

Banned

Spot on, and that is why I posted this on the main board, as I don't think everybody realises just how close to the edge we really are.
    So, enlighten us. How close are we to "the edge". And what is "the edge"?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Maybe you underestimate people. And maybe you have difficulty in discussing topics without coming over as highly egotistical, arrogant, narcissistic, dismissive, intransigent, divisive and insulting. Maybe you should consider why you are possibly the most unpopular person on this message board and why you seem to be unable to win people over in a rational manner despite your self-declared high level of intelligence and academic level.

A very clever person should be able to argue and influence in a far more effective manner and to refrain from endlessly belittling other people and from the endless and repetitive lardy/cyril bollocks every day of your life. I am someone who doesn't usually respond to you myself (and only see your posts since I changed laptops as I put you on ignore) as you have misquoted me repeatedly in the past and misrepresented my views. You obviously think that you come over as a victor as a result (not something that many posters feel the need to be) but you should ask yourself how you come over to others and, ironically, how many people even read your posts. I would wager that you are the poster who is most consigned to the 'ignore' category on here.

I won't be getting involved in any exchanges with you regarding the above, by the way. It would be fruitless.
    Don't beat about the bush, (not the president) just say what you mean!! lol

Is this murder going to count towards the overall Covid statistics? Couldn't agree more btw, it's not worth talking to WB on here because of how he acts.

Maybe you underestimate people.
    CCFCC3PO is one of them.

And I'm not trying to win anybody over, I just put out information which people have a lot of difficulty grasping. Regarding lardy & cyril, what a duo!

Banned

CCFCC3PO is one of them.

And I'm not trying to win anybody over, I just put out information which people have difficulty grasping. Regarding lardy & cyril, what a duo!
    What information? I've asked for you to elaborate on your cryptic postings but I'm not seeing anything at the moment.

Ooh tbg, you've made a powerful enemy now. Wales Bales will be furious, so furious that he might mention your name every other post like he does with me. And this boy posts a lot.

Oh, I see he's mentioned me again.

It's American imperialism that is causing problems, they don't like been challenged by China for the current #1 economic superpower spot as they see it, it's why the English and others often don't have a good name because of their past imperialism.

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    It's American imperialism that is causing problems, they don't like been challenged by China for the current #1 economic superpower spot as they see it, it's why the English and others often don't have a good name because of their past imperialism.
    The Democrats and some Republicans gave it all away, China whould have never got so far without their help.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    So, enlighten us. How close are we to "the edge". And what is "the edge"?
    Possibly an escalation where nothing is off the table.

International

It's American imperialism that is causing problems, they don't like been challenged by China for the current #1 economic superpower spot as they see it, it's why the British and others often don't have a good name because of their past imperialism.
    Corrected for you.

When I was a teenager I remember my grandfather talking about the "yellow peril". Obviously that would be a very non-PC expression in 2020 but looking at recent events he was somewhat prophetic; nothing to do with the corona virus actually (he was no Nostradamus in that respect!), but the likely problems of handing back of Hong Kong to China and Chinese domination of world trade, are the two things I particularly remember.

The Democrats and some Republicans gave it all away, China whould have never got so far without their help.
    What did they give away ?

What did they give away ?
    It's a good question, and that's your homework for today. What did they give away?

That's your homework for today.
    Imperialists tend to take, take, take until forced otherwise but these parties that run the USA give things away according to you, if you don't give an answer you obviously made it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    When I was a teenager I remember my grandfather talking about the "yellow peril". Obviously that would be a very non-PC expression in 2020 but looking at recent events he was somewhat prophetic; nothing to do with the corona virus actually (he was no Nostradamus in that respect!), but the likely problems of handing back of Hong Kong to China and Chinese domination of world trade, are the two things I particularly remember.
    I slightly disagree with the idea. Not a huge fan of China but I'll list some reasons:
    • "Yellow peril" seemed to come from xenophobia, it was used to encourage colonialism of China, then adapted to encourage the racism against the Japanese during World War 2
    • The Chinese economy is dependent on international trade and even international companies outsourcing labour to China
    • The wages of Chinese workers have increased and some countries are moving out of China, including Nike

I am by no means a fan of the CCP and how China became dominant in global trade but China is interdependent with other countries

I'll list the sources of information, should you want to read more:

Imperialists tend to take, take, take until forced otherwise but these parties that run the USA give things away according to you, if you don't give an answer you obviously made it up.
    I haven't made anything up, it's the subject of this thread and Maarjid covered it all in the link found in the opening post. Read what he said and then do some research, and decide for yourself. Why do you need other people to tell you what to think?

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Just read this on BBC news website. An article from the Washington Post so presumably reliable?
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...coronaviruses/

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    I slightly disagree with the idea. Not a huge fan of China but I'll list some reasons:
    • "Yellow peril" seemed to come from xenophobia, it was used to encourage colonialism of China, then adapted to encourage the racism against the Japanese during World War 2
    • The Chinese economy is dependent on international trade and even international companies outsourcing labour to China
    • The wages of Chinese workers have increased and some countries are moving out of China, including Nike

I am by no means a fan of the CCP and how China became dominant in global trade but China is interdependent with other countries

I'll list the sources of information, should you want to read more:
    Yes, I realise that yellow peril could be a derogatory xenophobic expression but I don't think my grandfather used it in those terms, although he would have been very aware of the Boxer rebellion etc I presume as that was his era. He could foresee problems with Hong Kong (the territory having enjoyed democratic freedoms unimaginable in communist mainland China) and also the dangers of having too many eggs in one basket (i.e. practically everything manufactured in one place)

I haven't made anything up, it's the subject of this thread and Maarjid covered it all in the link found in the opening post. Read what he said and then do some research, and decide for yourself. Why do you need other people to tell you what to think?
    Maarjid is a poor man's John Pilger, you have made a statement and now you can't back it up.

Maarjid is a poor man's John Pilger, you have made a statement and now you can't back it up.
    Alternatively you can just disprove everything that he said. Maybe you will learn something too, and then you can enlighten us all.

Alternatively you can just disprove everything that he said, and that is your homework. Maybe you will learn something too.
    It's difficult to disprove Pilger's work.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Ooh tbg, you've made a powerful enemy now. Wales Bales will be furious, so furious that he might mention your name every other post like he does with me. And this boy posts a lot.

Oh, I see he's mentioned me again.
    Incredibly tiresome to the extreme.