+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: FT: WALES 2 - 1 AUSTRIA. Match thread

Re: FT: WALES 2 - 1 AUSTRIA. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    partly because of the numbers they'll bring and partly because we're even closer to getting there this time
    This is where the duel ticket selling works in our favour, we have the same away allocation whether Scotland or Ukraine. I’m sure they’re would be lots of Scots in Cardiff but not in the stadium. Minimise their allocation, give them no foothold or opportunity. Austria had around 500 last night, that’s more than enough

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Great post. I guess some like to be negative so they can get the told ya so in first when we don't win the world cup.
    Some people even bump threads in an "I told you so, look look I already said it" manner.

It's weird.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Yeah Austria are 3 places behind Ukraine in the rankings.
    Maybe they should give Ukraine a bye, I don’t think they will be ok to play in 3 months either. We playoff v the jocks…boy do we owe them
    This is all very nice and pretty, but we've won our semi. We ain't playing another one.

let Ukraine qualify for the world cup

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...wales-23500796

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post

Jim.... I know a country much closer to the Daily Telegraph's headquarters much better placed to make that noble gesture. What's more Boris Johnson gets the plaudits from almost all of the UK in pushing for the Ukraine to get a bye.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post

Jim White in controversial opinion shocker.

It's how they stay "relevant"

Don't click it, don't share it etc just adds to their ego.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    This is where the duel ticket selling works in our favour, we have the same away allocation whether Scotland or Ukraine. I’m sure they’re would be lots of Scots in Cardiff but not in the stadium. Minimise their allocation, give them no foothold or opportunity. Austria had around 500 last night, that’s more than enough
    You need to offer at least 5% I think. Reason Austria had so few tickets is because they couldn't sell them

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Sad state of affairs someone feeling like this barely an hour after a game and atmosphere like that, I'm still on cloud 9 this morning
    Get a grip mun, it's a bunch of blokes kicking a ball around a field!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    learn how to experience joy my man, it'll change your life

Says the ccmb Pep guardiola

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Says the ccmb Pep guardiola
    😃

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Me too. We played really well and beat a good team in an exciting and important match that I think makes it likely we will go to a world cup.

I wish I'd been there, feels like it would be one of those matches you remember for the rest of your life. I dont care that we could have scored more/done something better/found some trivial bullshit to whinge about because it's not my job to do that, my job is to support the team and enjoy the game. This is a brilliant Wales team full of players who clearly love to play international football. What a time to be a Wales fan.

I thought Harry Wilson had his best game in a Welsh shirt.Great movement, loads of pressing and some great skill

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I thought Harry Wilson had his best game in a Welsh shirt.Great movement, loads of pressing and some great skill
    Yes, I’ve watched the BBC’s highlights programme a couple of times now and that was one of the things I realised after not really appreciating how well he’d played when I watched it live - that pressing wouldn’t come naturally to him, but he was very effective at it on the night - on a City front, it really brought home that we just didn’t have enough players to help him play to his full potential last season.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yes, I’ve watched the BBC’s highlights programme a couple of times now and that was one of the things I realised after not really appreciating how well he’d played when I watched it live - that pressing wouldn’t come naturally to him, but he was very effective at it on the night - on a City front, it really brought home that we just didn’t have enough players to help him play to his full potential last season.
    I have never been convinced by Wilson at international level but I thought he was terrific on Thursday night. Agree that he didn’t realise his full potential with Cardiff last season. I thought the signings of Moore and Wilson would see you top six but it didn’t quite happen.

I have never been convinced by Wilson at international level but I thought he was terrific on Thursday night. Agree that he didn’t realise his full potential with Cardiff last season. I thought the signings of Moore and Wilson would see you top six but it didn’t quite happen.
    Like Lee Tomlin before him, Wilson would often barely get a kick in the first half of matches and it seemed to be that they only really started to come into their own as opposition sides tired. Before then, ourpassing was often not good enough to bring them into play on a consistent basis - is it the same with Swift for Reading?

I watched him for a whole season when he was on-loan at Bournemouth. He is clearly very talented, but he can also be frustrating at times. I think that is the reason why Liverpool let him go, and he hasn't featured in the Premier League since then. It will be interesting to see what happens if he gets another bite of the cherry with Fulham.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Like Lee Tomlin before him, Wilson would often barely get a kick in the first half of matches and it seemed to be that they only really started to come into their own as opposition sides tired. Before then, ourpassing was often not good enough to bring them into play on a consistent basis - is it the same with Swift for Reading?
    Swift is an odd one. I wouldn’t say he is anonymous at times but he does have games where the defensive side of his game goes missing. He used to be very weak on that side of his performance and when we had him and little Liam Kelly in central midfield in Stam’s dire second season teams went straight through the middle of the pitch outmuscling them. He worked on that side of his game which improved.

However there have been games this season where he just hasn’t tried to make that tackle or attempted to close down players which has been very frustrating to watch. He is though technically a joy to watch and fully deserves a shot in the PL.

I watched him for a whole season when he was on-loan at Bournemouth. He is clearly very talented, but he can also be frustrating at times. I think that is the reason why Liverpool let him go, and he hasn't featured in the Premier League since then. It will be interesting to see what happens if he gets another bite of the cherry with Fulham.

Bournemouth fans really didn’t like him in the end. Let’s hope he can make the step up in the PL next season.

Bournemouth fans really didn’t like him in the end. Let’s hope he can make the step up in the PL next season.
    He's 25 now, so he won't get a better opportunity..

I really hope the FAW have the sense to invite Dafydd Iwan back for the play off final to sing Yma O Hyd again. It’s had me in tears watching it back. Very special.

Great camera angle shown here.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post

Great camera angle shown here.
    As well as being the best free kick of all time, had Dan James ran the other side of him at the end of that clip it would have been the finest uppercut of all time

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    As well as being the best free kick of all time, had Dan James ran the other side of him at the end of that clip it would have been the finest uppercut of all time
    Boxing, Golf, Madrid

Multi talented is our Gareth