+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strange lad knocking door

Strange lad knocking door

I was in the bath and my missus answered the door to a guy who says he used to live in the area and sometimes his mail gets misdirected. He left his number and asked for hers (which she didn’t give him). I get out of bath and ring him asking him what he wanted. He said the same story, so I asked where he lives now and he says Ely but mail gets misdirected. I questioned him more and in the end told him to stay away.

Has anyone heard of any kind of scam like this? Should I mention it to 101? Just a very strange occurrence.

Re: Strange lad knocking door

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    I was in the bath and my missus answered the door to a guy who says he used to live in the area and sometimes his mail gets misdirected. He left his number and asked for hers (which she didn’t give him). I get out of bath and ring him asking him what he wanted. He said the same story, so I asked where he lives now and he says Ely but mail gets misdirected. I questioned him more and in the end told him to stay away.

Has anyone heard of any kind of scam like this? Should I mention it to 101? Just a very strange occurrence.
    Your Mrs was right not to give her number.

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    Your Mrs was right not to give her number.
    Agreed mate and that’s the reason I rang him (withheld number) as I’m not having that.

Sounds to me like a cover story he concocted incase someone answered the door.
    I'd report it.

I had some girl knock my door one night begging for a lift, saying she was lost. She'd obviously seen the car outside etc.
    Looked down the road and some shifty looking twat was hanging around in the end of a nearby gulley watching.
    I have no doubt that had I given this girl a lift, the little pr!ck probably would have robbed my house while I was doing so.

Be wary of anything like this, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Sounds to me like a cover story he concocted incase someone answered the door.
    I'd report it.
    I was thinking that but what can they do? May just leave it but tell my missus to not answer the door (as I always do but shes too stubborn)

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    I had some girl knock my door one night begging for a lift, saying she was lost. She'd obviously seen the car outside etc.
    Looked down the road and some shifty looking twat was hanging around in the end of a nearby gulley watching.
    I have no doubt that had I given this girl a lift, the little pr!ck probably would have robbed my house while I was doing so.

Be wary of anything like this, obviously.
    Dodgy mate, I don’t trust anyone nowadays and that’s a sad indictment of society.

Always report it. It gives the police an indication of what is going on where. If there are more reports of it they can allocate more resources if it becomes a problem or leads to a serious crime👍
    Last edited by Dj's #3; 24-08-22 at 20:55. Reason: More to say

Quote Originally Posted by Dj's #3 View Post
    Always report it. It gives the police an indication of what is going on where. If there are more reports of it they can allocate more resources if it becomes a problem or leads to a serious crime👍
    Will report it tomorrow👏

Dodgy mate, I don’t trust anyone nowadays and that’s a sad indictment of society.
    This is one of the worst things I’ve read in a while…..a door knocking event.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/m...rapes-24818550

Just throw away the key….

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post

Awful mate, castrate him and let him bleed out.

Awful mate, castrate him and let him bleed out.
    Too good for him to rot in jail

A guy knocked on our door asking for a contribution towards the local swimming pool_ I gave him two buckets of water

You really need to file a 101 mate. You can do it online (sometimes it takes forever on the phone). Filmed a guy trying to access our emergency services key pad (for if I fall or there's a fire and I'm on my own). We have a Google Nest Doorbell installed (again, I can talk to people when I can't get to the door or just don't want to answer it to strangers). Screen grab and video sent to police and they've run it through a facial recognition but nothing's showing up. Found out this morning that a neighbour has some CCTV footage of him arriving and in black BMW, hanging around and he thought he looked shifty. He is. It's an attempted break in. The good news is that we now have the registration number of the car too. Police are going to chase it up.

This stuff can play on your mind. I've been quite stressed about it tbh. I'm determined to find out who he is though.

thats horrific.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    A guy knocked on our door asking for a contribution towards the local swimming pool_ I gave him two buckets of water
    What??? Have you not read the other thread on the dire water shortage?

What can you say about someone who rapes ?

Dreadful crime

And this is as bad as it gets

Update: police have been around and are chasing up the leads from security and CCTV footage. Just watched the CCTV and he was definitely targeting our property. Irish plates on the BMW.
    It’s always worth reporting this stuff as there are some right bastards out there.

Thanks Citizen N, I will do it online 100%. I know what you mean about being stressed. I was very wound up last night, wanted to rip the guys head off but it’s not worth it. Restless old nights sleep too (even with the snooker cue butt by the bed)

Hope they find the bastard

Citizen, I didn’t realise that I could do it online so thanks mate. Just logged it.

Citizen, I didn’t realise that I could do it online so thanks mate. Just logged it.
    No worries. Glad you’ve done that. If anything, it helps because you start feeling in a bit more control and that can really help with the stress. 🤙

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    What can you say about someone who rapes ?

Dreadful crime

And this is as bad as it gets
    Maybe he had mental health issues and a drug problem, brought on as a result of a terrible childhood.

That’s your usual excuse for this kind of despicable, abhorrent behaviour isn’t it?

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    No worries. Glad you’ve done that. If anything, it helps because you start feeling in a bit more control and that can really help with the stress. 🤙
    Agreed mate, cheers.

Wonder what would’ve happened had that mother and her daughter ran to the neighbours house to get help….they’d probably get told to do one.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Wonder what would’ve happened had that mother and her daughter ran to the neighbours house to get help….they’d probably get told to do one.
    All depends mate. I’m lucky to have some decent neighbours but you’re right, some neighbours never speak. Sense of community is lost