+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: STEVE MORISON SACKED

Re: STEVE MORISON SACKED

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post

What about the U23 guy? He can fill in for a bit can't he?
    Mehmet and Ken would have to find out who he is first, or maybe not..

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Mehmet and Ken would have to find out who he is first, or maybe not..
    .....he's just another box in a group zoom call for those guys!

The most damning thing I can see for Hudson is that he's apparently taking first team training, he's a massively experienced center back at this level and we're still giving up at least one completely free far post header from set pieces per game.

It is interesting that apparently Hudson is the one arguing for a more adventurous style. I guess we'll see, but it would be just like Tan and Dalman to give him a 2 year deal based on a new manager bounce and then see him fired within 9 months. Mad club.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I'm pretty happy with the decision.
    My only real concern, but it was a serious one, was not the squad he's built which I think is pretty good, or his tetchiness which is fine for someone who knows what he's doing, but the fact that after basically giving up after going one down in 4 away matches he didn't seem to know why we had been so poor thereafter.

That was quite worrying. But he did 95% of the job the club asked him to do and I would have given him more time.

Onwards and upwards!

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Shocking. Absolutely ridiculous.

What a joke of a club we are. We deserve relegation.
    And you've done nothing but slag off the team for a few weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I always think what Abbandonato says is an accurate representation of club thinking, so,
    what a depressing read that is - we’ll go for the cheap option again.
    Our wonderful passing-by-the-door succession planning. There was an interview with the Chief Exec at Norwich who said it didn't matter how well the manager was doing they had a list of names of potential successors. I wonder if Russell Slade, Paul Trollope, Neil Warnock, Neil Harris, Mick McCarthy, Steve Morison and (inevitably) Mark Hudson ever featured on the successor lists of progressive clubs.

The surprise of this news sustained me for a couple of hours this afternoon until I realised we'd have to get someone in now.

My main concern is that almost all of the new signings said they came as Morison sold them a dream, and a way of playing. I hope the new manager can motivate them.

Not sure what to make of that.
    Been happily tiling my bathroom...then get the sacking text.

He's not very likeable, but that's not his job.
    I've not really enjoyed the football this season....typically I missed the first half v Boro but caught the second.
    It seemed just like Trollops.

I'm not disappointed that he's gone, guess it depends who he brings in.
    I would be happy with Dyche and his disc beard.

This quote from Abbandonato sums it up really.
    "Cardiff's chronic lack of creativity, and thus absence of any real goal threat, was understandably perturbing Tan behind the scenes and he wasn't seeing any real evidence of those problems being addressed."
    Let's be fair, if you've pumped in millions on a regular basis, that is a serious concern.
    Even as a fan, watching from the sidelines, it's a serious concern.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    My main concern is that almost all of the new signings said they came as Morison sold them a dream, and a way of playing. I hope the new manager can motivate them.
    It's bizarre. If they had a 'name' lined up, you could perhaps understand the club's thinking, but to just hand things over to Morison's No 2, doesn't make sense..

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I’m disappointed to be honest, it was always going to be a tough season with a huge turn over of players and a new style of football. We have had some patches of brilliant football followed by rubbish, but inconsistency kind of expected. I know a lot of people didn’t like his arrogance or the way he spoke to the media but that didn’t both me.

I think his biggest issue in the end was trying to be to clever, to many changes trying to be clever than the opposition instead of setting us up to play. I also think not brining in more or maybe different options upfront cost us with no plan B.

Let’s hope we don’t go back got a Warnock, McCarthy type manager. I think we still have the basis of a decent squad.

Does anyone else get the feeling that events like these are all part of an elaborate, sustained plot to alienate the fan base in order that Tan can have his way with the club?

Rename the club the Kuala Typhoons or some shit.... I'd be in to that actually.....

....or maybe it's just a form of malaysian vengeance/torture combo for opposing his will....gradually running the club into the deepest of shits.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Does anyone else get the feeling that events like these are all part of an elaborate, sustained plot to alienate the fan base in order that Tan can have his way with the club?

Rename the club the Kuala Typhoons or some shit.... I'd be in to that actually.....

....or maybe it's just a form of malaysian vengeance/torture combo for opposing his will....gradually running the club into the deepest of shits.
    You sound quite paranoid. Anyhow, got to go, I think somebody's watching me 👁️👁️

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post

What about the U23 guy? He can fill in for a bit can't he?
    Which U23 guy? Have we any U23 players capable of making the step up to manager? The Other Bob Wilson regularly watches the under 21s, he can probably tell us which player is most suited to becoming our new manager

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    All players say that kind of stuff when they join a new club, "great manager, great fans, great stadium" etc, I wouldn't worry about it

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    All players say that kind of stuff when they join a new club, "great manager, great fans, great stadium" etc, I wouldn't worry about it
    Steve Morison is also not the only manager who plays passing football. Almost every other team does. The club won’t, because we are horribly run but it shouldn’t be that hard to find a better manager that likes the ball to stay on the deck.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post

No. Morison’s side was negative and we have failed to score in 6 games this season. It isn’t good.

We have 12 games in October and November. If they didn’t act now, it might be too late. They never should have given him the job full time in the first place, that was the mental bit.

S’pose we'll have to wait for the Netflix series to find out the truth (or more fittingly Disney). A Saturday night/Sunday morning sacking and his assistants seemingly staying smacks (no pun intended) of more than a ‘results’ decision. One player/member of staff has to blow the whistle on what happened, we as members of CCMB deserve to know the sordid truth.....only us mind. Meanwhile I think all outlandish, ridiculous, even sensible reasons should be aired on here.

For what it’s worth, I’m quite indifferent to the situation, I think he was up his own arse, quick to divert blame, gave undeserved praise yet was loathe to give justified praise, as if any tributes were due to his genius whereas he just didn’t want to recognise off the cuff decent play. His downfall was thinking he was better than what he was resulting in him coming over as a bit thick when trying to overdo the intelligence. His ‘football speak’ grated on me...’We’ve got him in building’, ‘The group are in it together’ etc. Not a humble bone in his body and it looks as though it’s come back to bite him on the arse.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    No. Morison’s side was negative and we have failed to score in 6 games this season. It isn’t good.

We have 12 games in October and November. If they didn’t act now, it might be too late. They never should have given him the job full time in the first place, that was the mental bit.
    I think they've made 2 big f*ck ups regarding managers over the past few years which have set the club back massively. The first mistake was keeping Warnock on and allowing him to spend as much as he did following relegation, the second was giving McCarthy a 2 year deal. Those decisions have really limited our options and are why we ended up with Morison as manager

It’s quite early and I think he deserved a little more time, but I’ve seen nothing from Morison to suggest he was ever likely to be a success. If we have ambitions of getting anywhere the play offs in the next few season then a change of management was always going to be required. Whether we get anyone in who is decent is another debate.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    **** him. Cheerio, off you pop you bullying kent.
    You're gonna miss him really!

I'm glad he's been binned, strange decision though.

Warnock incoming.

Feck me. Been out all day in the Pembrokeshire sunshine and deliberately left my phone at home.
    And this happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    You're gonna miss him really!

I'm glad he's been binned, strange decision though.

Warnock incoming.
    Our mates blood pressure and heart rate might come down a tad now he’s gone

Hes an imposter who has been found out, he should have been sacked after that game against the Jack's
    Totally useless and out of his depth as a coach, manager or tactician, he couldn't motivate an alcoholic to drink a glass of whiskey

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Which U23 guy? Have we any U23 players capable of making the step up to manager? The Other Bob Wilson regularly watches the under 21s, he can probably tell us which player is most suited to becoming our new manager
    Darren Purse? Matthew Bloxham?