+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We really should have a General Election.

Re: We really should have a General Election.

Quote Originally Posted by HyperboreanCCFC View Post
    Farage wasn't a Tory, How did he con voters?
    I have my own reasons for disliking Boris and have long been disillusioned with the current political landscape/setup. Boris isn't Conservative enough for me. Why was Boris a bad PM for you? A few parties at number 10 that he barely attended?
    Liz Truss's economic policy may well prove the correct call in the medium term, i think you're guilty of letting international (((bankers))) tell you who is electable.
    I must admit, the joy some people are expressing at letting international currency and bond markets dictate policy is an interesting one for some left-wing people to adopt. Not saying it's right or wrong, but it's interesting.

Just in case anyone doesn't know, three brackets around a word is anti Semitic code to label it as Jewish. It originated in a neo-nazi blog.

Also, perhaps interesting to some, hypoboreans were a mythical group of Aryans that the Nazis became rather enamoured by.

Anyway, back to the thread...

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I must admit, the joy some people are expressing at letting international currency and bond markets dictate policy is an interesting one for some left-wing people to adopt. Not saying it's right or wrong, but it's interesting.
    From what I can see and read it is not joy that the markets 'dictate policy' but that the Z list Tory government made it happen.

It is joy at the exposure, the burst bubble, the embarrassment, the meltdown, the comeupance - the inability of a Tory government to manage capitalism - their major USP.

No one it taking any joy from the consequences of this cluster****!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Okay, when a PM changes (e.g. Blair to Brown or Cameron to May) there shouldn't be an automatic General Election, but when you're talking about Johnson to Truss as we get a fourth Prime Minister within just over sic years (with every chance of a fifth one soon it would appear) it becomes different -although two of them won overall majorities at subsequent elections, having the last three PMs foisted on us by a tiny percentage of the electorate is not right.

Also, although I've never been a reader of party manifestos, I would expect what the Government does after an election to broadly resemble what appeared in their manifesto. I'd imagine that people voted Tory in 2019 expecting Johnson to "get Brexit done" and to see the "levelling up" programme implemented. In fact, Brexit is far from done when you consider the position in Northern Ireland and, surprise, surprise levelling up has just proved to be a lot of Johnson style hot air and bluster.

However, the main reason we should have an election is that, in the past few months, we've seen the "election" of a PM who attracted the votes of a minority of Tory MPs and party members entitled to vote whose approach was revolutionary and nothing like the version of Conservatism set out in the 2019 manifesto. Similarly, with the demise and humiliation of the Truss/Kwarteng axis, we're now, it seems, due for yet more austerity - again, can anyone show me where that was promised in the 2019 manifesto?

In the past month, Government financial policy has switched from one extreme to the other, with neither programme bearing much relationship to to what the voters of the UK were offered in the Conservative Party manifesto - they did not have a mandate for Truss' trickle down bollox and they don't have one for more years of austerity.
    We do not operate a presidential system in the UK - we operate a parliamentary system whereby parliament chooses the prime minister. I would have thought you would have known that. From your post it would appear you don't understand the basics on how our democracy functions.

Just to be clear, the electorate choose Parliament, and Parliament chooses the PM - the leader who controls the House. That's the way it has always been.

Despite Truss being a busted flush, I can't see the Tories calling a GE as quite a few know they will lose their seats.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Just in case anyone doesn't know, three brackets around a word is anti Semitic code to label it as Jewish. It originated in a neo-nazi blog.

Also, perhaps interesting to some, hypoboreans were a mythical group of Aryans that the Nazis became rather enamoured by.

Anyway, back to the thread...
    Holy shit... 😆
    Just incase anyone doesn't know lardy is completely paranoid and probably suspects there is literal nazis under his bed.
    Hyperborean was the term the ancient Greeks used to describe a mythical people of the North. I'm part Greek and from the North, so that's that lardy fallacy debunked.

Brackets are anti semetic now are they? Wow I'm lost for words, (((really)))

You're doing a good job of defending international finance lardy, keep it up, they'll be most proud of you. From their super yachts in Monaco.

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post
    We do not operate a presidential system in the UK - we operate a parliamentary system whereby parliament chooses the prime minister. I would have thought you would have known that. From your post it would appear you don't understand the basics on how our democracy functions.

Just to be clear, the electorate choose Parliament, and Parliament chooses the PM - the leader who controls the House. That's the way it has always been.

Despite Truss being a busted flush, I can't see the Tories calling a GE as quite a few know they will lose their seats.
    Even if I accept your lecture, which I don’t (in reality, a good proportion of the electorate, possibly.a majority, vote for a leader or a party) every change of leader we’ve seen since 2016 has come with changes of policy for the Governing party and Parliament. I’d say that with the exception of Cameron to May, the change of leader has come with fundamentally different policies with only Johnson’s in 2019 being validated by an election win. Since Johnson left a few months ago, Truss has come in with a completely different set of policies from her predecessor. Whether you accept that Hunt is now the de facto PM or not, it is, once again, a complete change of approach from the governing party that we’re seeing - a change which, again, bears little relationship to the manifesto Johnson presented. The public did not vote for the discredited trickle down policies presented by Truss or more austerity, as provided by Hunt, we should have the chance to vote on it.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Well the longer the Tories are in charge the longer they have to con the voters

I personally will be emigrating to porthcawl if the country votes this lot in after all the lies and backtracking

It wouldn't surprise me though . There are a lot of thick voters in the UK .
    Little doubt at the moment that Labour wouldn’t win an election, which is quite incredible after their destruction at the last election.
    With a new Tory in charge though, going for the centre vote I reckon it’s their turn to do nothing for a few years then implode after 8/10/12 years…..nothing really changes. Im still amazed that people over the age of 50 think it will…..bizarre

Holy shit... ��
    Just incase anyone doesn't know lardy is completely paranoid and probably suspects there is literal nazis under his bed.
    Hyperborean was the term the ancient Greeks used to describe a mythical people of the North. I'm part Greek and from the North, so that's that lardy fallacy debunked.

You're doing a good job of defending international finance lardy, keep it up, they'll be most proud of you. From their super yachts in Monaco.
    I distinctly recall Lardy once stating that the covid vaccine was the beginning of the end……nowt queer as folk as they say

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I distinctly recall Lardy once stating that the covid vaccine was the beginning of the end……nowt queer as folk as they say
    He also said the Steele dossier was verified and 100% true

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Did they fall for the nonsense, or did you? Who knows.

EU aid is a tiny proportion of what is spent by central government in the same areas. There is an argument it achieved very little of substance and the UK paid far more into the EU than it received, so there is a strong argument that it was a very inefficient way to spend and receive money.

Just different opinions. No one side was thick and the other enlightened. To think such a simplistic thing would likely put someone in the former of those camps anyway.
    Here he goes again , supporting the tory filth

It's like talking to a broken clock

Farage wasn't a Tory, How did he con voters?
    I have my own reasons for disliking Boris and have long been disillusioned with the current political landscape/setup. Boris isn't Conservative enough for me. Why was Boris a bad PM for you? A few parties at number 10 that he barely attended?
    Liz Truss's economic policy may well prove the correct call in the medium term, i think you're guilty of letting international (((bankers))) tell you who is electable.
    You daft tory twat

Little doubt at the moment that Labour wouldn’t win an election, which is quite incredible after their destruction at the last election.
    With a new Tory in charge though, going for the centre vote I reckon it’s their turn to do nothing for a few years then implode after 8/10/12 years…..nothing really changes. Im still amazed that people over the age of 50 think it will…..bizarre
    There clearly isn't any doubt that the Tories would get battered at the moment

30 points behind ?

Holy shit... ��

So it's just a coincidence that you used it with international bankers? Quite a typo that! If you're lucky, someone will be dumb enough to believe it.

You daft tory twat
    😆 you treat politics like a football match. It's hilarious

😆 you treat politics like a football match. It's hilarious
    That's because it's far more important

So it's just a coincidence that you used it with international bankers? Quite a typo that! If you're lucky, someone will be dumb enough to believe it.
    😆 you're mental and doubling down isn't a good (((look)))
    Why are you patrolling message boards defending the rich & powerful lardy?

That's right, I did. I said it in reply to you back in Sep 2020, when you said the coming vaccines would mean things back to normal after Christmas and you'd " be happy to sit in for 3 months if it was nailed on this would end once and for all."

I said the vaccines wouldn't be the end, just the beginning of the end - and it would "take a painfully long time before we can say it's ended once and for all"

Two years on and who was closer, would you say?

That's because it's far more important
    You must be the only man over 40 who still believes that voting makes a difference. Labour/Tory what a shit show. Why aren't you up in arms that international bankers have effectively circumvented the democratic process and handicapped Truss and smeared Corbyn to death.

Here he goes again , supporting the tory filth

It's like talking to a broken clock
    You support Starmer though don’t you? He’s becoming even more of a posh Tory just to get mugs to elect him….

You must be the only man over 40 who still believes that voting makes a difference. Labour/Tory what a shit show. Why aren't you up in arms that international bankers have effectively circumvented the democratic process and handicapped Truss and smeared Corbyn to death.
    There’s a few on here….in there 60’s too who actually believe there is a difference….it’s one huge sh*tshow ffs

That's right, I did. I said it in reply to you back in Sep 2020, when you said the coming vaccines would mean things back to normal after Christmas and you'd " be happy to sit in for 3 months if it was nailed on this would end once and for all."

I said the vaccines wouldn't be the end, just the beginning of the end - and it would "take a painfully long time before we can say it's ended once and for all"

Two years on and who was closer, would you say?
    You should try and get out Lardy….the fact I’m abroad at the moment with my family tells me all I need to know

You should try and get out Lardy….the fact I’m abroad at the moment with my family tells me all I need to know
    While on holiday with your family, you're bringing up a post I made over two years ago - and you think that reflects badly on me???

Go and do something more fun than this. Holidays aren't cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post

Other opinions regarding the selection of a Prime Minister are available.

Which is just as well because: "Just to be clear, the electorate choose Parliament, and Parliament chooses the PM - the leader who controls the House. That's the way it has always been." definitely does not describe the process that put Liz Truss in No 10.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Even if I accept your lecture, which I don’t (in reality, a good proportion of the electorate, possibly.a majority, vote for a leader or a party) every change of leader we’ve seen since 2016 has come with changes of policy for the Governing party and Parliament. I’d say that with the exception of Cameron to May, the change of leader has come with fundamentally different policies with only Johnson’s in 2019 being validated by an election win. Since Johnson left a few months ago, Truss has come in with a completely different set of policies from her predecessor. Whether you accept that Hunt is now the de facto PM or not, it is, once again, a complete change of approach from the governing party that we’re seeing - a change which, again, bears little relationship to the manifesto Johnson presented. The public did not vote for the discredited trickle down policies presented by Truss or more austerity, as provided by Hunt, we should have the chance to vote on it.
    It wasn't a lecture, it was a statement of fact.

The electorate voted for the Tories in 2019, and it is up to the Tory party and its members to decide their leader. You can blether on all you like, but that is how our system works. If you think that it works another way, then you're mistaken.

Not that I agree with it, because I don't. I'd like a GE tomorrow, based on PR, but we're not going to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Other opinions regarding the selection of a Prime Minister are available.

Which is just as well because: "Just to be clear, the electorate choose Parliament, and Parliament chooses the PM - the leader who controls the House. That's the way it has always been." definitely does not describe the process that put Liz Truss in No 10.
    If you think the Tory party did not choose Liz Truss to be their leader, then perhaps you can tell me who did?

If you think the party with the majority in Parliament does not choose who is PM, then perhaps you can tell me who does?