+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cruella Deville reinstated as HS

Cruella Deville reinstated as HS

A few hours ago, Sunak addressed the nation and actually said the words “this government will have integrity, professionalism and accountability at every level”

I must have missed his caveat that its fine to breach security and break the ministerial code.

Some leader he is going to be.

Re: Cruella Deville reinstated as HS

Seems a bad move from Sunak. The Tories need to win back the floating voters and less hardcore support they’ve lost over the past few weeks. Suella Braverman is not the person to do that.

Not only is she pretty far to the right, she’s just been kicked out for being a security risk and spent her last few days spouting out juvenile culture war shit stirring phrases.

I don’t see how anyone who turned away from the Tories over the past few weeks can look at this appointment and see it as a sensible appointment from a cohesive party.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Seems a bad move from Sunak. The Tories need to win back the floating voters and less hardcore support they’ve lost over the past few weeks. Suella Braverman is not the person to do that.

Not only is she pretty far to the right, she’s just been kicked out for being a security risk and spent her last few days spouting out juvenile culture war shit stirring phrases.

I don’t see how anyone who turned away from the Tories over the past few weeks can look at this appointment and see it as a sensible appointment from a cohesive party.
    Looks like she was on a promise for not supporting Boris.

Cant see her lasting long, first reason she gives him to get rid he will.

A bit like Starmer with long-bailey in his first cabinet.

Probably shows how weak sunak's position is that he has been forced into that.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post

She is a vile, evil, far right racist who should never be an MP never mind a member of the cabinet.

Dreaming of deporting fellow human beings to Rwanda.

I honestly feel sick to my stomach over this.

Yes that is a shock was hoping for the more caring Pritti returning

I was surprised by this one. I know they don’t stay in the wilderness forever but she resigned
    from the job because she’d done wrong like a few days ago? Seems to be a bit of a strange move

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post

Yes does look like that .. hopefully he does one on her, like Sir Kier did the Rebecca Wrong Bailey lady.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    She is a vile, evil, far right racist who should never be an MP never mind a member of the cabinet.

She's horrific

He’s a Tory. Just remember that.

While you get people like Patel and Braverman in one of the great offices of state, there’s no way the Conservatives can say that they’re not “the nasty party”.

I thought Rishie was a centrist according to somebody on here?

Makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I thought Rishie was a centrist according to somebody on here?
    He is. But he has many factions in his party that he's trying to unite. This cabinet are various shades of blue.

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post
    He is. But he has many factions in his party that he's trying to unite. This cabinet are various shades of blue.
    Being a centrist in a party that has shifted so far to the right in the last decade hardly means he’s a one nation Tory.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Being a centrist in a party that has shifted so far to the right in the last decade hardly means he’s a one nation Tory.
    Sunak's cabinet is an attempt to bring the party back towards the centre ground whilst uniting the various factions. I stress attempt.

Psssss! it's not only white people that are racist. Although they are usually the best at it

Maybe the trade union in question, politicians, home office etc just view the current situation as being a total exploitation of the asylum and immigration system that needs sorting? Just an idea.

I think he's made a huge mistake bringing this revolting woman in from the cold. I fear hell regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I think he's made a huge mistake bringing this revolting woman in from the cold. I fear hell regret it.
    She's that bad even hell itself regrets her appointment

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Maybe the trade union in question, politicians, home office etc just view the current situation as being a total exploitation of the asylum and immigration system that needs sorting? Just an idea.
    What use has the Rwanda policy been? All I can think is that the Conservatives thought that it would pick them up votes and headlines. It's had plenty of column inches, but what has it actually achieved? Appointing someone who "dreams" of and is "obsessed" by sending refugees to Rwanda (someone who resigned because of a breach of security last week!) is poor political judgment on Sunak's part and I can only think last week's resignation by Braverman was staged because she knew she'd be back in her job within a week.

Also, I see "Sir" Gavin Williamson is back - that's enough to dispel any claims that we, finally, have a competent Government.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post

What makes me sick to my stomach is people who defend convicted murderers, double rapists rather that the legitimate government trying to remove them from this country. Usually women-hater in my experience..

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post
    She's that bad even hell itself regrets her appointment
    She's the 8th level!

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    She's the 8th level!

Botticelli must have missed her off.

She's certainly just to the right of shooting homeless for sport.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    What use has the Rwanda policy been? All I can think is that the Conservatives thought that it would pick them up votes and headlines. It's had plenty of column inches, but what has it actually achieved? Appointing someone who "dreams" of and is "obsessed" by sending refugees to Rwanda (someone who resigned because of a breach of security last week!) is poor political judgment on Sunak's part and I can only think last week's resignation by Braverman was staged because she knew she'd be back in her job within a week.

Also, I see "Sir" Gavin Williamson is back - that's enough to dispel any claims that we, finally, have a competent Government.
    It's achieved nothing because it hasn't been enacted.

Agree with you on Gavin Williamson!

According to todays guardian, the government is now spending £7m a day housing people in hotels awaiting accommodation

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...st#top-of-blog

The government is now spending almost £7 million a day housing asylum seekers in hotels and the cost could continue to rise, MPs heard.
    The Commons Home Affairs Committee was told £5.6 million a day was being spent on hotels for people who have arrived in the UK and have submitted a claim, with an additional £1.2 million paid to house Afghan refugees who fled the Taliban takeover while long-term accommodation is sought, PA reports.
    The total £6.8 million is over £2 million more than the government said it was spending in February (£4.7 million).
    Asked by committee chairwoman Dame Diana Johnson if the cost was likely to go up again, Abi Tierney, director general of the passport office and UK visas and immigration, replied: “Yes.”
    MPs also learned the Home Office has only processed 4% of asylum claims by those who crossed the Channel last year and officials admitted the interception rate made by French police of those attempting the journey has fallen.
    Concerns were also raised about conditions at the Manston Airport site in Kent, which is meant to be a short-term holding facility to process migrants when they arrive in the UK.
    MPs heard the number of people arriving was “outstripping” the capacity of the site and some were being held there for as long as a month, compared with the 24 hours intended.