Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
You were saying Colwill was obviously starting eleven quality at the start of the season, now you're criticising people for bigging him up.
Was I really? Are you sure you're not confusing me with somebody else?

And I'm not criticising anyone for 'bigging him up.' I was merely saying that, in my opinion, a major reason for the widespread disappointment with Colwill's contribution this season is that this time last year many fans and pundits seemed to believe he was going to be something special.

I've always been on the fence where Colwill is concerned and I'm pretty sure I've said as much on here on plenty of occasions. He has obvious natural ability, but I've never agreed with those who think he has a good football brain. Indeed, I think the opposite is true. When he does things quickly and instinctively he shows some real quality, but when he has time and space on the ball he often makes the wrong choices.

One thing I've definitely been disappointed by on several occasions this season has been the fact that Colwill's been left on the bench in games where City desperately needed a goal. I think we had this debate a while ago, although I can't remember the match concerned. I cannot see the point in having a player like him on the bench in the first place if you're not going to use him when you're either chasing a game or seeking a much-needed winner.