+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: If Lamouchi keeps us up, would you give him a new contract?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

23 57.50%
  • No

17 42.50%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: If Lamouchi keeps us up, would you give him a new contract?

Re: If Lamouchi keeps us up, would you give him a new contract?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    What makes you believe people are either satisfied or happy with Tan? The fact that a large majority of this board's contributos don't spend their time posting the same inane drivel over and over again doesn't mean anybody is content with the club's owner. Far from it. But while Tan is ultimately responsible for the overall state of the football club, any fool should be able to see that he is not responsible for poor team selections, bad tactical set-ups, poor individual performances by players, etc, just as he isn't responsible for good individual performances, fine saves or great goals.
    Should they not take credit or criticism for their choice of manager if they have picked them though?

If we had a decent manager to assemble that squad and manage it I do not feel we would be where we are currently. Not too high in the league but not as bad a situation.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Should they not take credit or criticism for their choice of manager if they have picked them though?
    Of course, and they have taken plenty of criticism for their previous choices, both on here and elsewhere. They've also been praised for the appointment of Lamouchi, which most people seemed to believe was a decent one.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Of course, and they have taken plenty of criticism for their previous choices, both on here and elsewhere. They've also been praised for the appointment of Lamouchi, which most people seemed to believe was a decent one.
    I think it is better than what we had and as good as we're going to get now.

It is certainly going to be tight though.

I think it is better than what we had and as good as we're going to get now.

It is certainly going to be tight though.
    anything was better than Hudson tbh

Morison appointment I understand, they thought he did well keeping us up so gave him a new deal, oddly then didn’t give him much of a chance to manage his new players.

This is where I get lost, they appoint Hudson on an interim basis, ok fair enough he’s next in line but then after a really poor run of results they appoint him until the end of the season.

I really believe if Lamouchi had been brought in after Morison the season would look different.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Morison appointment I understand, they thought he did well keeping us up so gave him a new deal, oddly then didn’t give him much of a chance to manage his new players.

This is where I get lost, they appoint Hudson on an interim basis, ok fair enough he’s next in line but then after a really poor run of results they appoint him until the end of the season.

I really believe if Lamouchi had been brought in after Morison the season would look different.
    Definitely for me. If for nothing less than Hudson was awful.

Paranoia? If this happened at any other club would you blame two inexperienced managers and the squad assembled on peanuts or the people who are pulling the strings?

How on earth is that paranoia?

The two managers prior to Lamouchi not picking Bagan is very relevant. A total of three managers have now not fancied him yet people on messageboards feel he is good enough to start. That is very relevant.
    It is paranoia because you keep on returning to the same person being responsible foreverything that is wrong with the club. Tanis a large part of what’s wrong, but he has no responsibility for individual tactical decisions during a game.

As far as I remember, Morison, Hudson and Whitehead never played Romeo at leftwing back over Bagan, they never played Ojo over him - I think Hudson may have picked Simpson in front of him, but I may be wrong - from wha we know about Morison and Hudson, they would have picked Bagan to play there if Collins and O’Dowda weren’t available.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It is paranoia because you keep on returning to the same person being responsible foreverything that is wrong with the club. Tanis a large part of what’s wrong, but he has no responsibility for individual tactical decisions during a game.

As far as I remember, Morison, Hudson and Whitehead never played Romeo at leftwing back over Bagan, they never played Ojo over him - I think Hudson may have picked Simpson in front of him, but I may be wrong - from wha we know about Morison and Hudson, they would have picked Bagan to play there if Collins and O’Dowda weren’t available.
    Nobody says he was responsible for the tactics during the game. He is responsible for the manager being in place though.

Paranoia is unwarranted or disillusioned by it's nature.
    Tan picked all three of the managers and has been instrumental in us being where we are. That isn't paranoia. Especially where criticism is warranted.

If Tan and the board he has assembled had no part in the decision process and other people made the decisions but I continued to blame Tan then it would be disillusioned and unwarranted and go some way to being paranoia at play.

They've made virtually every decision that has affected the club, both good and bad, so it is definitely not paranoia.

I don’t quite get what’s going on, how do we comfortably dispatch the wurzels and Blackpool away ( I get they are rubbish but they just put 6 past QPR and it was a pressure game for us post swansea) and Sunderland aren’t great, we beat them at their place…..he seems to mess with the line up a bit much.

Before yesterday, I’d have definitely said yes, but after watching us play hoofball badly for ninety minutes in the closest thing I’ve seen this season to the bad, old days of McCarthy especially while also being a shambles tactically, I’m not so sure. On balance, I’d still say yes, but not with any great hope that things will be any better next season.
    Too many commas man. (Not all in the right place) It’s like you discovered them a few years ago and now contrive text to maximise comma usage. Like it’ll get you from foundation to level 1. You never used to be like this. What happened

Quote Originally Posted by Incy Wincy Spider View Post
    Too many commas man. (Not all in the right place) It’s like you discovered them a few years ago and now contrive text to maximise comma usage. Like it’ll get you from foundation to level 1. You never used to be like this. What happened
    I used one too many I make it and that was made up for by the one I missed.

I’m not sure about him. I don’t know what they are told to continually start so badly. Thus has been happening for at least a year. If they had come back out after half time all guns blazing it would have been something. But what happened? Another poor start, content to defend and watch Sunderland dictate. No urgency, no desire to get on the front foot. Did they think they had done enough ‘work’ in Friday? Do they think they are safe? It’s always catch up. They had to make an effort at 0-1 but seemed forced into giving a bit of effort.

I used one too many I make it and that was made up for by the one I missed.
    Sorry, you missed a comma, after "it".

Lamouchi is a temporary appointment, and the way he manages the team feels like it. You can be the worst side in your division but should still be able to execute set pieces to an acceptable standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    I’m not sure about him. I don’t know what they are told to continually start so badly. Thus has been happening for at least a year. If they had come back out after half time all guns blazing it would have been something. But what happened? Another poor start, content to defend and watch Sunderland dictate. No urgency, no desire to get on the front foot. Did they think they had done enough ‘work’ in Friday? Do they think they are safe? It’s always catch up. They had to make an effort at 0-1 but seemed forced into giving a bit of effort.
    It's happened under 3 managers.

You must start to think it's not the manager, but the players.

Quote Originally Posted by John Buchanan View Post
    Sorry, you missed a comma, after "it".
    Hopefully, (optional for the adverb here) we’ve shamed him into knocking commas on the head in future diatribes.

I think he deserves a chance to see what he can do with better players/a squad more suitable for the style he wants to play, his tactical decisions have been utterly perplexing at times but he’s clearly hamstrung with a very poor and shallow squad put together by a manager who had a completely different vision. I expect Warnock would have exactly the same issues here tbh.

I both sides will be looking at the manner in which we were to stay up and also whether there’s any chance of investment and the embargo being lifted in the summer. Having evaluated the squad if he’s not able to add he may decide he doesn’t want the job over a full season anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Lamouchi is a temporary appointment, and the way he manages the team feels like it. You can be the worst side in your division but should still be able to execute set pieces to an acceptable standard.
    By his choice wasn't it? As much as the club. He said something like he will see if we can stay up..and he might stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Incy Wincy Spider View Post
    Hopefully, (optional for the adverb here) we’ve shamed him into knocking commas on the head in future diatribes.
    diatribe
    noun
    a forceful and bitter verbal attack against someone or something.

Hardly a word that I would associate with Bob's informative, well balanced and insightful posts.

In your opinion, yes.

In my opinion three managers don't overlook a clearly better left back over others. They just don't rate him highly enough to start him regularly.

As was discussed at the time of Lamouchi being appointed it was very much a case of what Lamouchi we would get. The one that got Forest playing well or the one that unravelled at the end of his time there. For our sake I hope we see at least some of the former.
    Neither Morison nor Hudson seemed to favour giving the youngsters a run out, bizarre behaviour for two former u23 managers whose role was to help develop players for the first team.

Lamouchi has preferred playing a central defender who he claimed isn't a LB or LWB, a RB/RWB in Romeo, a LW in O'Dowda and a CM in Ralls over a left back who last year had a purple patch of form only to be dropped when Doughty recovered.

When youngsters do a decent job only to get dropped, it's hard to argue that they should be bothered to even want to stay at the club.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    It's happened under 3 managers.

You must start to think it's not the manager, but the players.
    Morison and Hudson were both out of their depth. Lamouchi hardly had clubs beating his door down 18 months ago.

Roll on the next manager in summer.

Yes unless Potter or Rodgers want the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    Both completely unrealistic.

We need a manager that can work with little to no money, can motivate players. Nathan Jones is still unemployed, could be available in summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    Harry and Roy are more our potentials sadly.