+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 20mph online petition

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    International

Re: 20mph online petition

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    You do know that roads and train tracks are different, right?

The logic is the same he's slowing the country's economy down, because if people are hit by moving vehicles at 20mph they are less likely to die, so he could do the same with trains, as I said if you don't step onto the road you won't get hit.

Of course, there will still be the odd drink/drug driver, speed limits won't apply to lawbreakers, but they will still plow off the road and into people and kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    The logic is the same he's slowing the country's economy down, because if people are hit by moving vehicles at 20mph they are less likely to die, so he could do the same with trains, as I said if you don't step onto the road you won't get hit.

Of course, there will still be the odd drink/drug driver, speed limits won't apply to lawbreakers, but they will still plow off the road and into people and kill them.
    Right so just to double check that I'm following you:

1) People regularly need to cross train tracks, they run parallel to everyone's houses, schools, shops and so on
    2) People should not cross the road unless they want to get knocked down

that's right?

International

Right so just to double check that I'm following you:

1) People regularly need to cross train tracks, they run parallel to everyone's houses, schools, shops and so on
    2) People should not cross the road unless they want to get knocked down

that's right?
    Two lefty defenders on this thread that's all, all the rest the rest have more brains and sense than to try and defend idiotic ideas.

Two lefty defenders on this thread that's all, most of the rest have more sense than to try and defend idiotic ideas.
    I don't know what being left or right has to do with it, you literally just told me that I shouldn't cross the road if I don't want to get knocked down.

Coming from someone who blames lockdown at every turn, yet I can't go out without you running me over

And now it turns out I've got to look out for the bloody trains too!!

I don't know what being left or right has to do with it, you literally just told me that I shouldn't cross the road if I don't want to get knocked down.

Coming from someone who blames lockdown at every turn, yet I can't go out without you running me over

And now it turns out I've got to look out for the bloody trains too!!
    is the new metro trams up and running

International

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    is the new metro trams up and running
    That will be scrapped it will cross a wetland and or pond of crested newts or something.

Two lefty defenders on this thread that's all, all the rest the rest have more brains and sense than to try and defend idiotic ideas.
    I’m not defending or criticising the matter. I, honestly, have more things in my life to get annoyed at, this speed thing is way down the ‘my list of outrage’. Doesn’t matter to me whether the speed limit alters, hard to go over 20 in Cardiff anyway during work/school run times. Rather amusing witnessing the Mr Angrys getting all worked up though One piece of advice I’d give to Chris Rea though, he needs to leave now