+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Suella Da Ville Can't Help Herself

Re: Suella Da Ville Can't Help Herself

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    You are missing my point. I'm saying, that if chanting '"fk the jews, rape their daughters'" is not chargeable, then it completely undermines what else is not deemed as such.

It's plainly racist don't you think? Does it not worry you?
    They need to prove that it was these guys who actually chanted these words

Not that these words are offensive

It's clearly a point of proof

You seem to be trawling the internet for this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    They need to prove that it was these guys who actually chanted these words

Not that these words are offensive

It's clearly a point of proof

You seem to be trawling the internet for this stuff
    Nah it's in the news, although not what you probably read

It's mad the things you go apeshit over; Kay Burley asking a question - absolutely fuming.

Blokes driving around chanting 'fk the Jews and rape their daughters' and getting away with it..not so much!

Nah it's in the news, although not what you probably read

It's mad the things you go apeshit over; Kay Burley asking a question - absolutely fuming.

Blokes driving around chanting 'fk the Jews and rape their daughters' and getting away with it..not so much!
    Kay Burley was lying repeatedly on national TV and her employers had to apologise

I am important in my own head but I don't quite have the number of people she has who can be influenced by what I say

It's in the news and especially in the Jewish news which you seem to be obsessed with at the moment

This is two years ago , the police arrested 4 men and after consultation with the PCS they were released because there wasn't enough evidence for them to be charged

This happens

Stephen Lawrence murder being a prime example ......and far more serious as he was killed

You seem unhealthily obsessed with proving that there are anti Jewish people in this country

I agree with you on that and some of them should be locked up but that's up to the criminal justice system

I know .....write to the home secretary !

Good luck

You are missing my point. I'm saying, that if chanting '"fk the jews, rape their daughters'" is not chargeable, then it completely undermines what else is not deemed as such.

It's plainly racist don't you think? Does it not worry you?
    This is the only link I could find when I searched the words you said, it says four people were arrested.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/london...ughters-video/

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    This is the only link I could find when I searched the words you said, it says four people were arrested.

Anecdotally there have been numerous similar incidents. Tomorrow is, to put it mildly, a special day in the calendar. You would have thought that organisers of this march/demonstration would have showed some understanding of this and just for this day chosen not to stage one. Shared values ? I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Anecdotally there have been numerous similar incidents. Tomorrow is, to put it mildly, a special day in the calendar. You would have thought that organisers of this march/demonstration would have showed some understanding of this and just for this day chosen not to stage one. Shared values ? I don't think so.
    Sunday is the special day and they're not marching then. The daily slaughter of innocent people probably led them to think no day is special enough to delay the plea for the slaughter to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

It's this story here Bob. I have to say I think it's shocking video footage and that someone can be filmed and arrested shouting stuff like that and it not be taken to court is appalling.

You start to see why people are fearful and why some people may question the police / CPS on this

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ng-F-Jews.html

https://www.jewishnews.co.uk/british...its-core-task/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-63707451

Shared values? Absolutely.

Commemorating the end of hostilities and calling for the end of hostilities. But at a different time and in a different place.

People are marching to put pressure on politicians to save lives now - not next week!

It is clear that for some people Palestinian lives don't count. For some people there is no cynicism or hypocrisy that won't be employed to create a false incident of 'disrespect'. For some people there are no double standards that won't be wheeled out to try to slander or silence the movement for peace and justice in Palestine.

Stephen Yaxley-Lennon and his stormtroopers are hitting the streets tomorrow in direct response to the fear mongering and rabble rousing of Braverman, Sunak and their echoes. He is circulating a photo on social media of him waving an Israeli flag next to an IDF tank in northern Israel - just to ensure we understand what his pathetic 'defence of the Cenotaph' is really all about!

Just as a side note - there have been many Palestine demonstrations around the country in the last month - not just in London. In Sheffield the rallies and marches have been every Saturday and usually one weekday too. For tomorrow the end of the march has been moved from the City Hall - next to the War Memorial - to the Town Hall. It wouldn't clash with any event at the War Memorial - but as in London the organisers (in this case the Trades Council) want to avoid any remote suggestion of 'disrespect'.

It's this story here Bob. I have to say I think it's shocking video footage and that someone can be filmed and arrested shouting stuff like that and it not be taken to court is appalling.

You start to see why people are fearful and why some people may question the police / CPS on this

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ng-F-Jews.html

https://www.jewishnews.co.uk/british...its-core-task/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-63707451
    This is pretty pathetic. The language uttered was clearly a hate crime and was considered so by the police who charged the likely perpetrators. The CPS reviewed the evidence and found that it did not pass its test for a likely conviction. That is the job of the CPS and it happens every day.

One of the articles says the Jewish Community understood the rationale for this even though they were appalled that no-one was brought to justice. Which bit of this is the police or the CPS showing favour in a way that say, you or the current Home Secretary would recognise?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    This is pretty pathetic. The language uttered was clearly a hate crime and was considered so by the police who charged the likely perpetrators. The CPS reviewed the evidence and found that it did not pass its test for a likely conviction. That is the job of the CPS and it happens every day.

One of the articles says the Jewish Community understood the rationale for this even though they were appalled that no-one was brought to justice. Which bit of this is the police or the CPS showing favour in a way that say, you or the current Home Secretary would recognise?
    I'm not sure there is anything pathetic in this thread tbh.

The point though is to try to highlight why many do feel scared and whether there is a pretty unpleasant element tagged onto /exploiting the protests.

When driving down the road shouting undeniably racist things like 'fk the jews, rape their daughters' doesn't get a conviction it does perhaps shed a light on whether or why other things that may worry people (river to the sea chants, calls for Jihad etc) aren't considered arrestable either.

It's not hard to see why some people are worried is it?

Incredible, now, to think that 10 years ago the big remembrance flashpoints were the annual confected rows over whether or not all Premier League clubs had agreed to embroider a poppy on their shirts, or whether Strictly contestants had basically committed treason by not wearing poppies among their sequins. We didn’t realise it at the time, but those were the good years. The dignified years.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...home-secretary

The worst part of all this is the government’s obvious disregard for the fallen, they are mere fodder for their latest culture war. The paragraph above the dying teenager in the Somme hit the mark so well. This government is a disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    The worst part of all this is the government’s obvious disregard for the fallen, they are mere fodder for their latest culture war. The paragraph above the dying teenager in the Somme hit the mark so well. This government is a disgrace.
    Mad take.

Mad take.
    What’s mad about pointing out the blindingly obvious. The government, so desperate that they have to make issues over non problems to ‘raise the hackles’ of their rump of support?
    There was never going to be a problem with the events of 11th November in London until it was manufactured by government. There is now a fair chance of something going wrong BECAUSE they have stirred it up with their rabble.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    What’s mad about pointing out the blindingly obvious. The government, so desperate that they have to make issues over non problems to ‘raise the hackles’ of their rump of support?
    There was never going to be a problem with the events of 11th November in London until it was manufactured by government. There is now a fair chance of something going wrong BECAUSE they have stirred it up with their rabble.
    Well there may well have been a problem actually as we have seen a cenotaph vandalised and the poppy seller abused, so it may have happened.

Although I doubt we will see any issues now, but I think it's fair enough to say that protests on armistice day are disrespectful, whether you agree or not.

But to say it's 'the worst part of all this' is quite a take IMO.

Some interesting data from a survey here. 50% of the public surveyed think the demonstrations on armistice day should be banned. I don't agree with that, but it is a day that many clearly clearly consider as a day for respect etc etc. To me that is far more about Sunday morning, but there we go.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics...ontent=surveys

Even Hunt The Cnnt can't bring himself to support her

She's such a fake

Her speech about her parents being good immigrants is nauseating 🤢

False cracking voice , she's a complete fraud

I'm convinced JamesWales has been planted on this forum by the Tory government. I never see him on any City related posts, but say anything negative about this government and BAM he's right there

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I'm convinced JamesWales has been planted on this forum by the Tory government. I never see him on any City related posts, but say anything negative about this government and BAM he's right there
    In fairness, touche...

Though I do get bored with tactical discussions and the like about football..always have.

Such a special day in the calendar that the majority of people don’t give a feck. They’ll be shopping, going to sporting events, getting pissed in pubs etc etc. How many people actually attend remembrance parades on Saturday and Sunday? I bet most of those arguing against the marches won’t even open their curtains to watch.

PS I’ll be on Senghenydd Square as I always am on Sunday morning and then volunteering later in the Centre.

Well there may well have been a problem actually as we have seen a cenotaph vandalised and the poppy seller abused, so it may have happened.

Although I doubt we will see any issues now, but I think it's fair enough to say that protests on armistice day are disrespectful, whether you agree or not.

But to say it's 'the worst part of all this' is quite a take IMO.

Some interesting data from a survey here. 50% of the public surveyed think the demonstrations on armistice day should be banned. I don't agree with that, but it is a day that many clearly clearly consider as a day for respect etc etc. To me that is far more about Sunday morning, but there we go.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics...ontent=surveys
    You gov poll FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    You gov poll FFS.
    I mean, all opinion polls must be taken with a substantial pinch of salt, and they change, but they are always scientifically put together and better than polls based on mates down the pub or twitter etc.

I'm not sure there is anything pathetic in this thread tbh.

The point though is to try to highlight why many do feel scared and whether there is a pretty unpleasant element tagged onto /exploiting the protests.

When driving down the road shouting undeniably racist things like 'fk the jews, rape their daughters' doesn't get a conviction it does perhaps shed a light on whether or why other things that may worry people (river to the sea chants, calls for Jihad etc) aren't considered arrestable either.

It's not hard to see why some people are worried is it?
    I wasn't talking about this thread in general I was specifically referencing the pathetic example you gave to justify your support for the Home Secretary's view that the police (and, all your own work, the CPS) are treating protesters differently. Again, what did the police do in the case you cited that showed them ignoring the hate crime and what did the CPS do that you think they should not have?

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Such a special day in the calendar that the majority of people don’t give a feck. They’ll be shopping, going to sporting events, getting pissed in pubs etc etc. How many people actually attend remembrance parades on Saturday and Sunday? I bet most of those arguing against the marches won’t even open their curtains to watch

PS I’ll be on Senghenydd Square as I always am on Sunday morning and then volunteering later in the Centre.
    Bit in bold is so spot on.

I'll be honest, the ceremony and theatre of it all means nothing to me and probably detracts from the meaning. I think it's probably a positive to take a moment to remember the causes and effects of war but it doesn't feel like lessons have been or are being learnt so all rather pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I wasn't talking about this thread in general I was specifically referencing the pathetic example you gave to justify your support for the Home Secretary's view that the police (and, all your own work, the CPS) are treating protesters differently. Again, what did the police do in the case you cited that showed them ignoring the hate crime and what did the CPS do that you think they should not have?
    How about taking the knee for Black Lives Matter protesters whilst Sarah Everard protestors were hauled to the ground?

It's so mad. If someone sent a monkey emoji to a footballer on Instagram you would rightly be up in arms. But someone drives down the street waving a Palestinian flag saying 'fk the jews and rape their daughters' and it's the messenger you call pathetic!

Honestly, the inability to call out stuff like this only makes it worse.

And yeah, it is a pretty good example to explain why some people (not you, obviously) are scared and why many feel there may be something in it that the justice system appears to be inconsistent.