+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bolton v Oxford

Re: Bolton v Oxford

Don't know what Murphy was on, but he put more effort into that performance than in all the games he played for City.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I think his confidence was destroyed by playing Warnock ball for a few years.
    some players really thrive under him, but not everyone
    I was told by one of the staff that Warnock absolutely belittled him and destroyed his confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Don't know what Murphy was on, but he put more effort into that performance than in all the games he played for City.
    That’s true for his last couple of seasons with us, but Murphy was one of our better players in the Premier League in 18/19 (especially in the first half of the season) and if it’s true that Warnock destroyed his confidence, then that’s yet more evidence of his distrust of flair and ability, something which I’d argue lies at the heart of his failure to prove himself in the Premier League.

Someone who has proved themselves Premier League standard is Bobby Decodova Reid. Warnock appeared to show he knew players like him and Murphy were needed when he paid £20 million plus for them in the build up to 18/19, but it was as if he never fully trusted them. We came close to staying up that season and may have done so if Warnock had shown more faith in those two players.

The reason Murphy had such a good game yesterday, was simply the fact that his ability and experience made him the best player on the park at that level of football. He’ll probably go back to his inconsistent ways up a level in the championship if he stays with Oxford.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    The reason Murphy had such a good game yesterday, was simply the fact that his ability and experience made him the best player on the park at that level of football. He’ll probably go back to his inconsistent ways up a level in the championship if he stays with Oxford.
    I reckon it was his brother playing

I wonder if we benefit financially in any way in regards to ex-City players being promoted?

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    I was told by one of the staff that Warnock absolutely belittled him and destroyed his confidence.
    from what I heard it wasnt the once either, it was over a spell of time

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    It was, he continually derided him and as a sensitive character Murphy took it really badly.

Probably but he was always going to slump.

He has premier league legs but a conference league head.

Well he should have feckin listened then

It was, he continually derided him and as a sensitive character Murphy took it really badly.
    I know much has been said about Warnock's man-management skills, but Murphy came across as a bit introverted, and as you say - a sensitive character.

People with such character tend not to respond well to a good 'ear-bashing'. They often, as not, go into their shells.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I know much has been said about Warnock's man-management skills, but Murphy came across as a bit introverted, and as you say - a sensitive character.

People with such character tend not to respond well to a good 'ear-bashing'. They often, as not, go into their shells.
    I thought it was well known that some players respond to a kick up the arse and some to an arm around the shoulder. Warnock's man management skills can't be that good if he can't do the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    I thought it was well known that some players respond to a kick up the arse and some to an arm around the shoulder. Warnock's man management skills can't be that good if he can't do the latter.
    Dave Jones was very good at putting his arm around the shoulder

Dave Jones was very good at putting his arm around the shoulder
    Except that young left-back that we had (Matthews?).

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Except that young left-back that we had (Matthews?).
    Who disappeared off the face of the earth !!!!

Not saying Jones was right or wrong, but Matthew’s is no where to be seen these days

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

Not saying Jones was right or wrong, but Matthew’s is no where to be seen these days
    Last heard of playing in Cyprus
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Matthews

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Last heard of playing in Cyprus
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Matthews
    there are far worse ways to earn a living

If I remember correctly, Gabbidon made a comment about his attitude on one of the EJFOF podcasts a year or two ago. He said a few times he had a word with Matthews and tried help him but to no avail.

He made over a 100 appearances for Celtic after leaving us.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    He made over a 100 appearances for Celtic after leaving us.
    And ?

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    Yes there were some interesting moments inside the ground and quite a few afterwards
    I don't think they expected 2500 to turn up