+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: So wtf is going on with Bulut?

Re: So wtf is going on with Bulut?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Well if you are the sort of person to throw around feck off back to Turkey insults , covering thinly hidden ignorance ........then you are definitely a dopey twat and definitely not in my stellar system

I can't possibly say if you are
    " Feck off back to Turkey" "Dopey ignorant moronic twat". Hmmm, double standards I would say..... but then I shouldn't question the boards centre of mass.

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Blue View Post
    " Feck off back to Turkey" "Dopey ignorant moronic twat". Hmmm, double standards I would say..... but then I shouldn't question the boards centre of mass.
    I am confused as to why this is difficult for you to grasp

If someone thinks someone should feck off back to where they are from this historically is used as a term of discrimination

And they deserve to have their wings clipped

There's no double standards there

I mean it's not like I want a happy chat with these people

I can see that you don't agree and don't like all this modern stuff you think is politically correct and woke but that's the way it is

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Perhaps you're right, it didn't need to be asked. But boldly stating Bulut is a German and anyone who thinks otherwise is a "dopey twat" or a "moron" is a bit daft too, wouldn't you say?
    Yes, especially when the individual concerned uses terms like “we”and “us” when talking about Turkey and has won under 21 caps for that country. Anyway,shouldn’t Erol Bulut’s nationality be irrelevant in the current situation and when debating about his management? He isn’t a very defensive football manager because he’s Turkish or German.

Like many progeny of immigrants, Bulut's self-identity is mixed, according to comments he has made to the German press. He experienced some prejudice when growing up in Germany and resistance in some quarters when taking up a place in the Turkish national team.
    In general, he appears to feel at home in both cultures and hugely enjoyed his time working in Greece.
    The concept of a singular national identity can sometimes be a tad nebulous and complex for those who straddle more than one culture, methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Like many progeny of immigrants, Bulut's self-identity is mixed, according to comments he has made to the German press. He experienced some prejudice when growing up in Germany and resistance in some quarters when taking up a place in the Turkish national team.
    In general, he appears to feel at home in both cultures and hugely enjoyed his time working in Greece.
    The concept of a singular national identity can sometimes be a tad nebulous and complex for those who straddle more than one culture, methinks.
    Oh f*ck, you’ve brought Greece into it now……….

I am confused as to why this is difficult for you to grasp

If someone thinks someone should feck off back to where they are from this historically is used as a term of discrimination

And they deserve to have their wings clipped

There's no double standards there

I mean it's not like I want a happy chat with these people

I can see that you don't agree and don't like all this modern stuff you think is politically correct and woke but that's the way it is
    You have no idea what my views are. It's actually quite funny that you think I'm anti-woke. But I really don't like people with a superiority complex and little self awareness who pontificate and sit in judgement of others. The post that started this by Monkfish was a football opinion about Bulut. You and Flint have turned it into something quite different. If anyone deserves to have their wings clipped it's you.

You have no idea what my views are. It's actually quite funny that you think I'm anti-woke. But I really don't like people with a superiority complex and little self awareness who pontificate and sit in judgement of others. The post that started this by Monkfish was a football opinion about Bulut. You and Flint have turned it into something quite different. If anyone deserves to have their wings clipped it's you.
    I think your initial post gives plenty of clues as to where you lie with regard to the issue of an ignorant fool on Wales Online telling a bloke to go back where he comes from

I am not commenting about the post by Monkfish and I have been clear about that , I am referring to posts made on the Wales Online site

Either you think those sort of comments are OK or you don't

Amen to that.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yes, especially when the individual concerned uses terms like “we”and “us” when talking about Turkey and has won under 21 caps for that country. Anyway,shouldn’t Erol Bulut’s nationality be irrelevant in the current situation and when debating about his management? He isn’t a very defensive football manager because he’s Turkish or German.
    Well it should be irrelevant but that's the point here

Comments on Wales Online were saying go back to Turkey

Given he was born in Germany, has lived in Germany then why would people assume he should be fecking off to Turkey?

In this case its clearly a xenophobic slur using on his perceived nationality

Just because a bigot gets someone's background right ....or wrong .....doesn't mean they are not a bigot

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Amen to that.
    Another apologist arrives

Perhaps you're right, it didn't need to be asked. But boldly stating Bulut is a German and anyone who thinks otherwise is a "dopey twat" or a "moron" is a bit daft too, wouldn't you say?
    I was being facetious with the f off back comment, but the ethic slur of 'turkball', is what it is. using somebodies ethnicity like that, same as getting a chinky or stopping off at the pakis to pick something up, its contemptuous.

Why don't you do one back to Gwaelod Y Garth ya wealthy so an so.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Why don't you do one back to Gwaelod Y Garth ya wealthy so an so.
    Oh I'm much more elevated than Gwaelod.......but I'm not offended.

Oh I'm much more elevated than Gwaelod.......but I'm not offended.
    If its Garth Maesteg I probably delivered your post

Was it Mr Evans ?

If its Garth Maesteg I probably delivered your post

Was it Mr Evans ?
    Eh no and no.

Well it should be irrelevant but that's the point here

Comments on Wales Online were saying go back to Turkey

Given he was born in Germany, has lived in Germany then why would people assume he should be fecking off to Turkey?

In this case its clearly a xenophobic slur using on his perceived nationality

Just because a bigot gets someone's background right ....or wrong .....doesn't mean they are not a bigot
    Which was my point original "are we letting this slide", and judging by the response, some I'm really surprised at, it seems the answer is a resounding YES!

I'd guess it was because he came to Cardiff from Turkey, had spent all of his previous managerial career in Turkey, and his family lives in Turkey. Stuff like that.

And guess what? According to the BBC reports, he did indeed return to Turkey after the season ended. Imagine that...

Famara Diedhiou is Senegalese. He came to City on loan from Granada. He was terrible. So, if a City fan was to say they hoped he would go back to Spain, would that make them a racist or a bigot?

Eh no and no.
    Thank god for that

I'd guess it was because he came to Cardiff from Turkey, had spent all of his previous managerial career in Turkey, and his family lives in Turkey. Stuff like that.

And guess what? According to the BBC reports, he did indeed return to Turkey after the season ended. Imagine that...

Famara Diedhiou is Senegalese. He came to City on loan from Granada. He was terrible. So, if a City fan was to say they hoped he would go back to Spain, would that make them a racist or a bigot?
    Yes if the remark was clearly racially motivated which in the case of the Wales Online comment I was commenting on most definitely was

You asked if bulut was definitely born in Germany

He definitely was as I pointed out to you

You can check if you like

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Which was my point original "are we letting this slide", and judging by the response, some I'm really surprised at, it seems the answer is a resounding YES!
    I generally agree

And I agree its surprising

Apart from a few lumpers

a normal thread spoilt by arguing.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    a normal thread spoilt by arguing.
    There are 30 on the same subject already, why we needed a new one is anybody's guess and the 2nd comment had strong hints of racism. Nothing normal about it.

You asked if bulut was definitely born in Germany
    No I didn't. I know he was born in Germany. But that's not the statement you made.

You guess wrong in the post I am referring to on Wales Online

It was clearly a xenophobic comment and even giving the benefit of the doubt in this instance you are incorrect

No I didn't. I know he was born in Germany. But that's not the statement you made.
    The statement I made was he was born in Germany

You said are you sure

He definitely was