+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Johnson Admitted to Hospital

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

Re: Johnson Admitted to Hospital

The state of humanity, laid bare in this thread. People wishing someone ill, people celebrating the death of someone.

Johnson is a self-centred moron, his policies will damage me personally and are damaging me personally. His Government's arrogance on labelling people "unskilled" has come to bite them on their arses.

But, wishing him dead? I agree he is not a pleasant human being, but I live in hope that this crisis has refocused his mind, and others as we get out of this crisis.

Thatcher had an incredibly detrimental effect on my town. But, if I celebrated her death I would be worse than anything she did.

Rise above it. You're looking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    The state of humanity, laid bare in this thread. People wishing someone ill, people celebrating the death of someone.

Johnson is a self-centred moron, his policies will damage me personally and are damaging me personally. His Government's arrogance on labelling people "unskilled" has come to bite them on their arses.

But, wishing him dead? I agree he is not a pleasant human being, but I live in hope that this crisis has refocused his mind, and others as we get out of this crisis.

Thatcher had an incredibly detrimental effect on my town. But, if I celebrated her death I would be worse than anything she did.

Johnsons girlfriend is an environmentalist which gives me some hope, and if the NHS saves his life, and that of many others, hopefully him and his party will realise the value of it, instead of cheering when they manage to block a pay rise for the nurses.
    https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/po...-nurses/23/03/

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    Johnsons girlfriend is an environmentalist which gives me some hope, and if the NHS saves his life, and that of many others, hopefully him and his party will realise the value of it, instead of cheering when they manage to block a pay rise for the nurses.
    https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/po...-nurses/23/03/
    We can hope. If they revert back to type (and they would be incredibly stupid to do so) - it will be political suicide.

We also have to appreciate we will have to pay more in taxes for the NHS and we'll all be paying the price of underfunding for generations to come. But, that's our fault because we have, collectively, always voted against tax rises.

The only mitigation I can see is that person x on ccmb wishing a politician dead is extremely unlikely to have an impact, and in this case will only be said by those who can see that 130,000 people died unnecessarily due to austerity (David Cameron adviser, Steve Hilton said so) where people such as Boris did have an impact. In this way I don't think you celebrating Thatcher's death makes you worse than her, she had power and you don't, but think you have lost right to claim to be better.

Still, a left-wing position is being anti-capital punishment and seeking humane and responsible punishment instead. The humane and responsible punishment Boris hopefully has in his future is majority realising what a terrible professional he is (journalist as well as politician), Boris having to own consequence of his bad politics and being voted out asap of the job he felt entitled to.

Stepping away from politics to the real world, considering how awful bad symptoms and death through covid-19 is I wouldn't be wishing it on anyone.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-52198488
    Coronavirus: Mayor apologises for PM 'deserves this' comments
    Sheila Oakes.jpg
    Sheila Oakes admitted she "made a mistake"

A town mayor has apologised for saying Prime Minister Boris Johnson "completely deserves this" after he was admitted to intensive care.

Sheila Oakes, who is the mayor of Heanor in Derbyshire, made the comments below a Facebook post about the news.

The Amber Valley Labour Group said it had withdrawn the whip, meaning she is no longer a Labour councillor.

Ms Oakes has since apologised and accepted she "made a mistake".

In response to a post asking people to say a "little prayer" for the prime minister on Monday night, Ms Oakes had written: "Sorry, he completely deserves this and he is one of the worst PMs we've ever had."