+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Johnson is dithering and a danger to us all.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Johnson is dithering and a danger to us all.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It was the right Miliband, he just got nobbled by the media. The other one was a Hillary arse licker.
    Dave Milliband ahead in all stages of voting until the Union votes coalesced at the final stage.

Unions wanted Ed, unions got Ed.

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    Dave Milliband ahead in all stages of voting until the Union votes coalesced at the final stage.

Unions wanted Ed, unions got Ed.
    Establishment didn't want Ed, establishment didn't get Ed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Establishment didn't want Ed, establishment didn't get Ed.
    Yeah, that must be it.

Can't be anything to do with incompetence whatsoever.

The irony is I've little doubt Labour would have won that election under David. Still, unions eh?

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    Yeah, that must be it.

Can't be anything to do with incompetence whatsoever.

The irony is I've little doubt Labour would have won that election under David. Still, unions eh?

If I remember rightly most (if not all) unions consulted their affiliated members to decide which candidate to back. Maybe a few relied on a delegate conference.

Trades union members paying a Labour affiliation fee as part of their subs were and are part of the Labour movement and should be entitled to have a say. The electoral college formula has changed - as has the balance between MPs, individual members and affiliated members (and now registered supporters) but the principle is similar and sound.

The way you describe the process a group of 'union bosses' hid away in a smoke filled room and stitched up the leadership election. That didn't happen - and nothing like that has happened in UK Labour politics for a generation or more.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    If I remember rightly most (if not all) unions consulted their affiliated members to decide which candidate to back. Maybe a few relied on a delegate conference.

Trades union members paying a Labour affiliation fee as part of their subs were and are part of the Labour movement and should be entitled to have a say. The electoral college formula has changed - as has the balance between MPs, individual members and affiliated members (and now registered supporters) but the principle is similar and sound.

The way you describe the process a group of 'union bosses' hid away in a smoke filled room and stitched up the leadership election. That didn't happen - and nothing like that has happened in UK Labour politics for a generation or more.
    Well, I'm sure Labour would like to portray that but it seems highly interesting that David was well ahead - well ahead in votes from MPs and party members. Union votes however reflected the total opposite.

Given Red Len won his last election when virtually all union members refused to vote tends to indicate union votes had undue effect.