+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: STEVE MORISON SACKED

Re: STEVE MORISON SACKED

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I think its unlikely hes just walked and no comp.
    ThE utHa boREd is ALLweighs ritE!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Which U23 guy? Have we any U23 players capable of making the step up to manager? The Other Bob Wilson regularly watches the under 21s, he can probably tell us which player is most suited to becoming our new manager
    I'm in mourning, it's a difficult time. Anyway, it's not the worst idea in the history of our club!

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    From the other board - so now we know why

"I was told just now: Tan had not planned to get rid of Morison, there was heated discussions at h-t and full-time, then after the game Morison walked as he was given the nod that his time was up after the heated exchanges with Tan.

So I believe there will be NO compensation for Morison.

So there was no one lined up"
    😂

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    😂
    Former Huddersfield boss Carlos Corberan has been sacked by Olympiakos after just 11 games in charge

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    😂
    Not sure why this is funny - they have never been wrong before on anything City related ever ever - get your spoon ready for the humble pie you will be eating you non believer, 🥄

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I've loved your posts on Morison, and i mean that, genuine. I have some of the same feelings towards him.
    If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and sounds like a duck, theres a very good chance

It's a duck😜

Personally I think we have recruited some decent signings, obviously some won't work out, that's football, but generally football fans aren't stupid and can see through the crap
    I've been consistent with my view that Morison isn't suited to the role as a number one at a football club , and for anyone who believes he should have been given more time, I'd say this

Have a look in 6 months time and see where he's employed, because it certainly won't be as a manager or coach in the football league!!

He has had the best opportunity he will ever have and he just isn't up to the job imho

You need to carry everyone with you, when you embark on a change of direction, and he just couldn't do that.

I've seen us lose more games than we have won, but some of the excuses and bollicks served up has been truly amazing

Morison has failed to grab the bull by the horns and get everyone on side, his continuous use of Watters as a lone striker was baffling, the 60 odd minute substitutions were predictable and his inability to get the best out of his players resulted in so many games where we failed to register a goal

More of a concern to me was the fact that our young players or future assets were being held back at the expense of another clubs cast offs.

Let's he honest here, has anyone seen anything in Philogene or the lad from Everton that suggested that they were head and shoulders above what we already have, because I haven't???

I hope he finds a job soon after he reflects on his approach and he's in a more suitable position

But he definitely isn't what we need, if we want to make any real progress!
    I also hope that who ever comes in, can certainly demonstrate a pride in having the gig, and instill in the team, that local derbies are not just normal games, so it doesn't matter if you perform for the fans or not
    That 0 4 performance was the worst i have ever experienced and that Top hat just stood there clueless

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Like almost everyone else oh here, totally gobsmacked by the sacking.
    It seems that Tan felt that the season was in danger of being a relegation battle and acted.
    Like many others though, there is a feeling that there is more to it than that.
    There had been a need for a central striker all season, and though we would have had to settle for journeyman, almost anyone would be better than what we've got. Paterson is a good link up player but not about and out striker. Morison seemed dead set against the journeyman idea.
    There are loads of other aspects of his reign which are being talked about. On a personal note I did not take to the man. I suspect behind the scenes there are many like me. Perhaps Tan was one of them.
    Who on earth is Paterson ?

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and sounds like a duck, theres a very good chance

It's a duck��

Personally I think we have recruited some decent signings, obviously some won't work out, that's football, but generally football fans aren't stupid and can see through the crap
    I've been consistent with my view that Morison isn't suited to the role as a number one at a football club , and for anyone who believes he should have been given more time, I'd say this

Have a look in 6 months time and see where he's employed, because it certainly won't be as a manager or coach in the football league!!

He has had the best opportunity he will ever have and he just isn't up to the job imho

You need to carry everyone with you, when you embark on a change of direction, and he just couldn't do that.

I've seen us lose more games than we have won, but some of the excuses and bollicks served up has been truly amazing

Morison has failed to grab the bull by the horns and get everyone on side, his continuous use of Watters as a lone striker was baffling, the 60 odd minute substitutions were predictable and his inability to get the best out of his players resulted in so many games where we failed to register a goal

More of a concern to me was the fact that our young players or future assets were being held back at the expense of another clubs cast offs.

Let's he honest here, has anyone seen anything in Philogene or the lad from Everton that suggested that they were head and shoulders above what we already have, because I haven't???

I hope he finds a job soon after he reflects on his approach and he's in a more suitable position

I also hope that who ever comes in, can certainly demonstrate a pride in having the gig, and instill in the team, that local derbies are not just normal games, so it doesn't matter if you perform for the fans or not
    That 0 4 performance was the worst i have ever experienced and that Top hat just stood there clueless

It's a duck��

In case you haven't noticed, the Swansea game was last season with predominately players that weren't Morison’s and there has been a total rebuild this season and the style of football has changed. Even you have admitted that we have signed some decent players. To constantly harp on about what happened last season in the derby is ridiculous. He did the job he was employed to do and we finished comfortably in mid table. He deserved a chance to carry on the job he had started. Colwill and Davies have both been injured since the end of last season and unable to train or play, so to state they are being ‘held back’ is just plain wrong. You are just trying to appear clever with the benefit of hindsight imo.

It's a duck😜

I think with respect you are being far too harsh on morison .

He only had the summer to change things around and its not like he was given a war chest is it ?

He's mostly signed free transfers or whatever the term is these days

I think you are probably right that he wasn't the right man for the job but given the vitriol of some supporters I wonder who is ?

As for the local Derby with the jacks we have struggled getting up for that for years and dave Jones once said it was just another game did he not ?

Who do you suggest would be a replacement given they have to work at this football club with its ridiculous expectations and the character of our owner ?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Who on earth is Paterson ?
    Robinson 😀
    Mind's well and truly scrambled tonight with the sacking news.

As per usual you football analytics go over board dissecting the rat that is CCFC.. We have a useless defense that lets in cheap goals?
    We have a decent midfield that pass the ball about nicely?...we have forwards that can't score on a good basis?

It's a duck��

Great post. Lots of people are critiical of Tan and the board but they gave a young manager a wonderful opportunity, yes it was a gamble but they tried something different. Good luck to the bloke hope it works out elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    In case you haven't noticed, the Swansea game was last season with predominately players that weren't Morison’s and there has been a total rebuild this season and the style of football has changed. Even you have admitted that we have signed some decent players. To constantly harp on about what happened last season in the derby is ridiculous. He did the job he was employed to do and we finished comfortably in mid table. He deserved a chance to carry on the job he had started. Colwill and Davies have both been injured since the end of last season and unable to train or play, so to state they are being ‘held back’ is just plain wrong. You are just trying to appear clever with the benefit of hindsight imo.
    I did notice that, but thanks for pointing that out
    and obviously I am just trying to appear clever with the benefit of hindsight
    You're right and no one else on this board has an opinion that's worthwhile, other than yours, our inability to score goals was just part of a master plan to lull teams into a false sense of security and we would have won every game 5 0 from January onwards under the tactical genius that is Steve Morison

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    As per usual you football analytics go over board dissecting the rat that is CCFC.. We have a useless defense that lets in cheap goals?
    We have a decent midfield that pass the ball about nicely?...we have forwards that can't score on a good basis?
    The defence has let in a few soft goals but generally has performed well. Nelson had a run of poor games - although in my view he has been OK for most of his time with us - and NG was beaten in the air a few times playing in a back 4. Otherwise the picture is pretty good.

You are right(ish) about the midfield and forwards.

It's a duck😜

I had no axe to grind with Morison, unlike that buffoon Harris, and would have been happy for him to carry on, but a lot of what you say here makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I think with respect you are being far too harsh on morison .

He only had the summer to change things around and its not like he was given a war chest is it ?

He's mostly signed free transfers or whatever the term is these days

I think you are probably right that he wasn't the right man for the job but given the vitriol of some supporters I wonder who is ?

As for the local Derby with the jacks we have struggled getting up for that for years and dave Jones once said it was just another game did he not ?

Who do you suggest would be a replacement given they have to work at this football club with its ridiculous expectations and the character of our owner ?
    Well that's one opinion, but in reality football is unlike any other business, we saw managers in the Chsmpionship getting sacked only weeks after the season started.
    The average tenure for a Championship manager is what, 18 months or so?
    Everyone knows its bonkers, but and it's a big but
    Everyone involved knows the score before getting involved.
    Morison would have known this and his job, that he accepted would have had some guidelines

He didn't get rid of the dross, as in reality most of them were coming to the end of their lucarative contracts.

Therefore you could argue that he had a clean sheet to bring in his own players, and was backed accordingly
    I don't think theres any such thing as a real free transfer now it's just about the player getting a signing on for rather than his old club getting the cash.

Knowing the limited timeframe that he had to operate in, he brought in players to do a job

I very much doubt that the guidelines he was given included the option of producing a team that couldn't score goals, or that had no bottle for a fight

We have become too easy to play against, its Morisons team and in a results driven business you either deliver or go, it's nothing more complicated than that

Looking at the results for 10 games, we have taken 11 points out of 30 on offer

That's a fact and it simply isn't good enough

It's a results driven business, rightly or wrongly and you don't have time or the luxury for projects

Well that's one opinion, but in reality football is unlike any other business, we saw managers in the Chsmpionship getting sacked only weeks after the season started.
    Morison would have known this and his job, that he accepted would have had some guidelines

He didn't get rid of the dross, as in reality most of them were coming to the end of their lucarative contracts.

Therefore you could argue that he had a clean sheet to bring in his own players, and was backed accordingly
    I don't think theres any such thing as a real free transfer now it's just about the player getting a signing on for rather than his old club getting the cash.

Knowing the limited timeframe that he had to operate in, he brought in players to do a job

I very much doubt that the guidelines he was given included the option of producing a team that couldn't score goals, or that had no bottle for a fight

We have become too easy to play against, its Morisons team and in a results driven business you either deliver or go, it's nothing more complicated than that

It's a results driven business, rightly or wrongly and you don't have time or the luxury for projects
    Ok, but did they say to Morison ’stabilise the first team, and evolve squad over the summer in line with our strategy (or whatever the wording was) but you need to be challenging for the play offs after 10 games’?

I very much doubt that. No manager would sign up for that.

So your ‘it’s a results driven business’ needs a bit more context really!

A few games in , particularly after the creditable draw at West Brom where they didn't trouble us at all the general consensus was nowhere near what you have described.

Now we sadly do live in a success now football world but I think this blokes been shot in the back before he's had a chance to eat his cornflakes .

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Ok, but did they say to Morison ’stabilise the first team, and evolve squad over the summer in line with our strategy (or whatever the wording was) but you need to be challenging for the play offs after 10 games’?

I very much doubt that. No manager would sign up for that.

So your ‘it’s a results driven business’ needs a bit more context really!
    We have no idea what the plan was and nor do the executioners on here .

But there you go

Who's next ?

Clear the area !

For a fan base that had never been content in recent years with anything less than a play off place, I am baffled by those who think Morison is doing a good job and will be content with another relegation battle. There was no prospect of anything other with this guy in charge.

A few games in , particularly after the creditable draw at West Brom where they didn't trouble us at all the general consensus was nowhere near what you have described.

Now we sadly do live in a success now football world but I think this blokes been shot in the back before he's had a chance to eat his cornflakes .
    Last 7 games including the draw at WBA, we haven't scored in 5 of those matches
    We won one, drew 2
    21 points on offer and we took 5, that performance yesterday was shambolic, somewhere along the line you have to say this isn't happening, how long do you give him to turn ot round?
    We played well against both Norwich and Birmingham, and a very good 1st half against Boro

That's it, our away performance has been dismal otherwise

West Brom was ages ago. We had 7 points after that West Brom game, 6 games later we have 11. Frankly it's relegation form

The Bowie movie is shit too. Bad weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I took off from Greece and we had a manager, landed and he’s gone lol
    Have you checked he didn’t fall off behind the conveyor belt?