+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Favourite FA cup final memories

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

Re: Favourite FA cup final memories

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Sunderland beating Leeds, Coventry v Spurs and I remember Liverpool v West Ham as a great game, but, apart from 2008 and the games where Aaron Ramsey scored the winning goals, that is the only Final in the last twenty five years that I can recall now.
    Wimbledon 88 - all my friends supported Liverpool.

It's sad how the FA Cup has become less important now. I remember it being 6 hours of TV, but every Sky match is like that now.

Today reminds me of a typical FA Cup Final day. My mam would be wanting to go out to enjoy the sun, wouldn't quite appreciate that this was THE game I wanted to watch most. Feigned sickness for that cup final in 88. 87 was also a memorable one - two years of the underdog winning the day.

Everton's win over Man U also sticks out. But, like you, I struggle to remember anything past Liverpool v Sunderland in 90. Except for 2008 which was one of the best days of my life, despite the result. It was great to be there.

Cloughie talking to a police woman instead of the team before extra time was the other one that leaps out.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Wimbledon 88 - all my friends supported Liverpool.

It's sad how the FA Cup has become less important now. I remember it being 6 hours of TV, but every Sky match is like that now.

Today reminds me of a typical FA Cup Final day. My mam would be wanting to go out to enjoy the sun, wouldn't quite appreciate that this was THE game I wanted to watch most. Feigned sickness for that cup final in 88. 87 was also a memorable one - two years of the underdog winning the day.

Everton's win over Man U also sticks out. But, like you, I struggle to remember anything past Liverpool v Sunderland in 90. Except for 2008 which was one of the best days of my life, despite the result. It was great to be there.

Cloughie talking to a police woman instead of the team before extra time was the other one that leaps out.

Liverpool Sunderland was 1992. Man Utd beating Palace in the replay was 1990.

Not trying to be a pedant, but the FA Cup finals were seared on my memory. From about 2006 onwards, they're a jumble (except 2008 obviously).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Liverpool Sunderland was 1992. Man Utd beating Palace in the replay was 1990.

Not trying to be a pedant, but the FA Cup finals were seared on my memory. From about 2006 onwards, they're a jumble (except 2008 obviously).
    No problems on that one. 1990 was the one with two cracking semis wasn't it?