I'm currently living near Bilbao. We have a flat here. But I'm probably going to have a kid soon and would like him or her to get some Welsh medium education. So, I'm looking for somewhere to live.

My partner is from here and I think living too far up the Valleys might be a bit too much of a culture shock for her. Not that there aren't good things about the Valleys, just that she's used to a cosmopolitan, lively Iberian social scene and I think Mountain Ash or Pontlottyn might be a little too gritty and grey for her tastes.

I've seen some places in Taffs Well which I like....but the budget might have to be stretched to reach that sort of level. I haven't been in Wales for a while now, but my parents tell me that Barry is becoming quite a desirable place to live. I'll be honest, I've only ever lived in Caerphilly, Hengoed and various flats in Canton and Roath. I've got a rough idea of where would be ok and I think it's generally Cardiff and to the West and a little bit north, taking in the Caerphilly area, Tongwynlais/Tref/Taff's Well/GwaelodYGarth/Llantwit Fadre/ Llantrisant/Cogan/Penarth and Barry. That sort of area.

I've checked out Treforest and some of the houses look alrighty. It has always seemed a little bit tatty though for me....too student orientated. Wouldn't disregard it completely though. Great if we ever did need to rent it out.

I saw a nice little coach house thing in Cogan, that was pretty cheap and woulv'e needed a complete overhaul, but again, I wouldn't mind doing a bit of work on something like that.

Fair few places in Barry as well, most if them around the docks area. I haven't got a clue about Barry though, so don't know if the are areas that are a bit better in terms of amenities than others.

Llantristant looks nice as well, maybe a bit too far out though and no train .