+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Johnson Admitted to Hospital

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

Re: Johnson Admitted to Hospital

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I can think of a few things.....

On February 28th he was proudly telling his supporters at a rally that the Coronavirus was a hoax.

Personally, I think it's a shame that a massive Monty Python-style foot can't simply descend from the heavens and smash him to smithereens during his next press conference. He's a disgraceful and very dangerous human being. The world would very definitely be a better place if he no longer existed.

Sorting out the book was a pleasure. As it happens, I had a brief chat with Phil at the Reading game at the end of January. That was the first time I'd seen him for a couple of years.
    If Trump dies we get Pence. Pence is Trump, but with a bit more intelligence.

Trump is dangerous, not because of what he will do, but because of the chain of events his leadership has started.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    If Trump dies we get Pence. Pence is Trump, but with a bit more intelligence.
    If Hitler dies, we get Hess.

Amazingly, disgusting although it is, Trump is where he is in large part because of his personality, which says much about the state of the USA today. The chances of Pence polling a similar number of votes are slim to none.

Regardless, I don't buy any of this 'better the Devil you know' bollocks.

Banned

Trump is where he is in large part because of his personality, which says much about the state of the USA today. The chances of Pence polling a similar number of votes are slim to none.
    Possibly. Trump won by getting people out voting who didn't vote in large numbers previously - particularly rural voters. Much of this had as much to do with protest as it did with Trump's "personality".

I have looked and can't see any polls that state how Americans would vote if Pence were to replace a dead Trump. I have read articles that suggest Pence is popular among Trump voters, and is less divisive so may appeal to more moderate Republicans as well.

I think Trump is the start of a dangerous direction for America. The real danger will come if someone of intelligence and extreme views takes the project to the next step.

If Hitler dies, we get Hess.

Amazingly, disgusting although it is, Trump is where he is in large part because of his personality, which says much about the state of the USA today. The chances of Pence polling a similar number of votes are slim to none.

Regardless, I don't buy any of this 'better the Devil you know' bollocks.
    Yeah, you'd imagine that Pence would find it hard to win in November, because he has the association with Trump that puts off half (ish) the voters and very little of the charisma and familiarity that appeals to the rest.