+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: the rise of ukip

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: the rise of ukip

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    You are doing it again. Welsh people aren't one individual, each and every one is different. Some will be happy enough with a private NHS some won't, some happier with the rich people paying less tax other won't be. You can see the problem here with generalising people can't you?

As for the AT exams, anything that helps people learn to spell "apparently" gets my vote.
    I think you're proving the generalisation right tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I think you're proving the generalisation right tbh.
    I didn't vote UKIP, just liked pointing out your crass generalisations were ironic and a bit thick.

I think you'll find that it was quite on the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I think you'll find that it was quite on the money.
    As I asked, do you vote UKIP based on that logic?

UKIP very cunningly offer all things to all men and offer simplistic answers to complex questions.

Listen to any UKIP politician and you'll get the stock answer to any question i.e. it's all the fault of the EU and those pesky immigrants.

Britain will be a green and pleasant land again, flowing with milk and honey. Everyone will have a well paid job, there will be plenty of school places and no waiting to see a GP or have an operation.

It's all bollocks of course. The reality is that their policy makers come primarily from the hard right and offer only small state austerity, further privatisation of public services, slashing social security, grammar schools (i.e. secondary moderns for the majority), two tier health service based on ones ability to pay, etc.

If that's what you want then fine, be honest about it and don't blatantly lie to the electorate.

Personally, I'd be embarrassed to have voted for the likes of Neil Hamilton and Mark Reckless. These are failed Tories and UKIP are just Tory sheep in UKIP wolfs clothing.

I just cannot get my head around a person who gets 8.2% of the vote in his ward, being elected as a Welsh AM.

This is just plainly wrong, and makes the whole Welsh Assembly a total joke.

It needs to be disbanded or revert to what British politics is renowned for ie democracy ie first past the post not this PR misrepresentation.

Quote Originally Posted by Cretin Hop View Post
    I just cannot get my head around a person who gets 8.2% of the vote in his ward, being elected as a Welsh AM.

This is just plainly wrong, and makes the whole Welsh Assembly a total joke.

It needs to be disbanded or revert to what British politics is renowned for ie democracy ie first past the post not this PR misrepresentation.
    FPTP works well for 2 party politics. Fortunately we've grown up and it's a thing of the past. If we took the 40 FPTP seats and allocated proportionally we'd have had: Labour 14, Cons 8.5 PC 8.5, UKIP 5, LD 3, Greens 1. much more representative parliament rather than a party getting half the seats with 33% of the vote

Quote Originally Posted by tommy31 View Post
    FPTP works well for 2 party politics. Fortunately we've grown up and it's a thing of the past. If we took the 40 FPTP seats and allocated proportionally we'd have had: Labour 14, Cons 8.5 PC 8.5, UKIP 5, LD 3, Greens 1. much more representative parliament rather than a party getting half the seats with 33% of the vote
    We agree on something!!!

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    not so long ago, they was seen as a minority party, a watered down version of the bnp in many peoples eyes , yet at the last election polled more than 4 million votes and have taken over from the wishy washy liberals as the third main party in this country , even though they they are not represented in parliament by the same number of mp,s a disgrace in many peoples eyes.

as elections come and go now, they are finishing second and third in many areas of the country , in front of the tories and labour in many areas, because voting labour or tory nowadays is virtually the same thing

how long will it be before the country decide that enough is enough, and radical changes need to be made which labour or the tories will never provide ?
    UKIP is still and always will be a minority party: approx. 1 in 25 of the Welsh population voted for it in the election. They are thus over-represented in Wales.

The only radical change needed here is for you to stop spouting bollocks with a mixture of inappropriate smileys.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    UKIP is still and always will be a minority party: approx. 1 in 25 of the Welsh population voted for it in the election. They are thus over-represented in Wales.

The only radical change needed here is for you to stop spouting bollocks with a mixture of inappropriate smileys.
    People had the chance to vote for others, and didnt. Poor turnout is never an excuse. They are representing those who voted for them. Those who chose not to vote have nobody representing them.

First Team

People had the chance to vote for others, and didnt. Poor turnout is never an excuse. They are representing those who voted for them. Those who chose not to vote have nobody representing them.
    That's rubbish. If I have no individual/party to vote for that represents my views, who should I vote for? I maintain - UKIP is over-represented. Even Labour only represents 1 in 8 of the population.

On a side note, I bet you're a Brexshiter.

That's rubbish. If I have no individual/party to vote for that represents my views, who should I vote for? I maintain - UKIP is over-represented. Even Labour only represents 1 in 8 of the population.

You're voting Donald aint you AZ? he seems to be popular across the pond

vote for someone who best represents your views, and if there's nobody who's close (which I highly doubt given the range of parties standing in every seat) then spoil your ballot. but go in and use your vote.

On a side note, you are wrong. I thought my political views were pretty clear on here haha, clearly not.

First Team

vote for someone who best represents your views, and if there's nobody who's close (which I highly doubt given the range of parties standing in every seat) then spoil your ballot. but go in and use your vote.

On a side note, you are wrong. I thought my political views were pretty clear on here haha, clearly not.
    Suppose there are 5 issues of concern to me (immigration, the NHS, sovereignty etc) for which I have pro- and anti- stances. There are 2 to the power 5 combinations = 32. Thus there would need to be 32 different options to reflect everyone's position accurately in an election. How many seats had 32 candidates? ...

I give you your new AM "Mr Spoiled Ballot". My point stands - UKIP are over-represented.

Chris's most successful thread NQAT

Watching Wales today interviewing our new AM Neil Hamilton and His wife. Jesus Christ!

Roving reporter seems to have bumped into the Jeremy Kyle fan club on the streets of Torfaen
    "Yuh, I voted UKIP cos the other lot don't do nothing for us"
    "We need to worry about the people we've got not let more in"

I despair

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Watching Wales today interviewing our new AM Neil Hamilton and His wife. Jesus Christ!

Roving reporter seems to have bumped into the Jeremy Kyle fan club on the streets of Torfaen
    "Yuh, I voted UKIP cos the other lot don't do nothing for us"
    "We need to worry about the people we've got not let more in"

I despair
    As abhorrent as it is to yourself and others,
    what have the other lot done for, in your words, for the Jeremy Kyle fan club ?
    perhaps the Jeremy Kyle fan club have voted for UKIP on other issues other than your perception, I haven't seen the interview.
    I'm glad I live in a society where everyone is entitled to vote. Do you think that individuals should be denied a right to vote because they voted for UKIP ?, I am presuming that your post is based on the racism issue?, apologies if I have misinterpreted, I actually thought that racism was outlawed in the U.K and thus if UKIP were deemed to be a racist party then they would be outlawed, but just like about any law in this country, it's murky and clouded and can be read however you want to read it, surely the best way to deal with UKIP is for the so called main stream parties to get their own acts together, then these fringe based parties will dissapear, I also despair, but my despair is from the, having put up with the two party cartel for 55 years watching the rich get richer whilst the the Jeremy Kyle fan club has been swept into the gutter, the despair has driven me to PC!!!!!!.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    perhaps the Jeremy Kyle fan club have voted for UKIP on other issues other than your perception, I haven't seen the interview.
    I'm glad I live in a society where everyone is entitled to vote. Do you think that individuals should be denied a right to vote because they voted for UKIP ?, I am presuming that your post is based on the racism issue?, apologies if I have misinterpreted, I actually thought that racism was outlawed in the U.K and thus if UKIP were deemed to be a racist party then they would be outlawed, but just like about any law in this country, it's murky and clouded and can be read however you want to read it, surely the best way to deal with UKIP is for the so called main stream parties to get their own acts together, then these fringe based parties will dissapear, I also despair, but my despair is from the, having put up with the two party cartel for 55 years watching the rich get richer whilst the the Jeremy Kyle fan club has been swept into the gutter, the despair has driven me to PC!!!!!!.
    Can UKIP voters name me the policies they voted for or was it just a case of getting rid of Labour? That latter reason is not good enough and I would be interested in fact-checking the policies UKIP voters went for.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Can UKIP voters name me the policies they voted for or was it just a case of getting rid of Labour? That latter reason is not good enough and I would be interested in fact-checking the policies UKIP voters went for.
    Rather than be argumentative for the sake of it, I reckon you are 100% correct in that ukip voters just wanted Labour out, however regarding policy, I wonder how many Labour voters knew what they were voting on, you know the saying in Wales, put a red ribbon around a turd and it'll get a resounding victory. I wonder how many voters go to the poll voting on policy ?

Rather than be argumentative for the sake of it, I reckon you are 100% correct in that ukip voters just wanted Labour out, however regarding policy, I wonder how many Labour voters knew what they were voting on, you know the saying in Wales, put a red ribbon around a turd and it'll get a resounding victory. I wonder how many voters go to the poll voting on policy ?
    Voting for Labour because you always have isn't good enough, voting for "radical change" but not caring whether that has anything to offer Wales is not good enough.

Voting for a Mark Reckless who was too busy drinking to do his job is pathetic.

Well this is clearly the problem with politics in the UK in general. To provide a little bit of balance. I live in England, my MP is MArk Prisk. I would prefer if his party were nowhere near government but he's always seemed like a decent guy to me (helped my family with a couple of things). Down the road is Grant Shapps territory. He is incapable, thick as shit, happy to **** anyone over for a few pence and a complete ****. Yet, because he is Tory candidate, he wins his seat by a country mile.

No, I think some people should be denied a vote because they're stupid. Give me a rationale reason why you, or anyone lose, voted for whichever party they vote for and you won't get an argument from me, but in my opinion, large swathes of the British public will vote for whatever party last nights chip wrapper told them to.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    No, I think some people should be denied a vote because they're stupid. Give me a rationale reason why you, or anyone lose, voted for whichever party they vote for and you won't get an argument from me, but in my opinion, large swathes of the British public will vote for whatever party last nights chip wrapper told them to.
    Impossible, though I can understand where you're coming from.

The problem is that we can all probably have our own definition of what we regard as idiots politically (Elysium, cough), but because we all have different opinions, there is technically no such thing as a stupid voter (apart from Elysium).

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

The problem is that we can all probably have our own definition of what we regard as idiots politically (Elysium, cough), but because we all have different opinions, there is technically no such thing as a stupid voter (apart from Elysium).
    You are the stupid one politically, son, not me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

Oh I agree it's impossible.
    It's the same thing with the EU referendum. Leading economists and academics can't agree on which would be best for the country, I for one certainly don't feel qualified to make a decision on such an important issue, but ultimately our futures and our children's futures are about to be decided on by sun readers.