+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Owen Money

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Owen Money

Anyone listen to him and notice a frequent sniff when talking?.Given his attachment to the Jacks have any posters on Planet Swamp picked this up?. We could save his life with an early diagnosis.

Re: Owen Money

Are you suggesting that he's taking cocaine to get him through?

Owen Money has more clubs than Tiger Woods

Liverpool .....his favourites

The Swans

Merthyr

And Cardiff as his old social club The Starlight in Port Talbot usec to sponsor some of our players in the 1980s

He had a stroke a couple of years ago. As such his speech is affected by this

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    He had a stroke a couple of years ago. As such his speech is affected by this
    He's a good laugh Owen Money, but he does let his 'inner JB loose sometimes. Always has to brag and name drop as if to prove himself - when there is no need. A poor mans Max Boyce :)

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    A poor mans Max Boyce :)
    Possibly the worst ever insult in the history of this messageboard!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Possibly the worst ever insult in the history of this messageboard!
    Christ yes 😂

I always have his show on-have no clue about the "stuck in the middle" though and it's been going for ages.

Him And Chris "Special" Needs (RIP) could only have made a living on Radio Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    Him And Chris "Special" Needs (RIP) could only have made a living on Radio Wales.
    There have been plenty of good presenters on Radio Wales such as Huw Stephens, Bethan Elfyn, Janice Long, Alan Thompson and Rhod Gilbert but Chris Needs was awful.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    There have been plenty of good presenters on Radio Wales such as Huw Stephens, Bethan Elfyn, Janice Long, Alan Thompson and Rhod Gilbert but Chris Needs was awful.
    As awful as Chris Needs may have been in the eyes of some, he brought a lot of comfort and enjoyment to a lot of people.

Roy Noble was another

The rugby presenters on Welsh TV are shocking again they would never get work anywhere else

Old Jason Mahammed is quite a polished presenter and seems to be mentioned cardiff city more than spurs these days so that's good

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    As awful as Chris Needs may have been in the eyes of some, he brought a lot of comfort and enjoyment to a lot of people.
    But was he that bad that a lot of people possibly didn't tune into his show ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    But was he that bad that a lot of people possibly didn't tune into his show ?
    Very likely, but he lasted 18 years, had a strong fan base and very good listening figures for a late night show. I think regardless of whoever hosts that slot they won't appeal to everyone. Across England, BBC local radio stations have stopped having regional shows late at night and have one generic show across the country. Lots of people in lots of areas are disappointed to lose their favourite presenters.

I never listened to him, he wasn't my cup of tea, but I can see why he had a good career in radio and was well loved by many.

Very likely, but he lasted 18 years, had a strong fan base and very good listening figures for a late night show. I think regardless of whoever hosts that slot they won't appeal to everyone. Across England, BBC local radio stations have stopped having regional shows late at night and have one generic show across the country. Lots of people in lots of areas are disappointed to lose their favourite presenters.

I never listened to him, he wasn't my cup of tea, but I can see why he had a good career in radio and was well loved by many.
    He was dismal but a shame he's gone to smashy and nicey dj heaven

I actually agree with this. But he was off the scale cringeworthy. I first came across him when driving home from City evening games. I thought it was a wind up at first.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    I'm seeing Huw Stephens speak at Hay Festival on Saturday.

I'm seeing Huw Stephens speak at Hay Festival on Saturday.
    Wye

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Wye
    Wye not?

Chris needs was a one off, not sure how he ever made it on air
    Never took himself seriously and if you ever heard him you would know why. Radio wales was a better place with characters like him around.
    They can’t get rid of Owen money as his listening figures are better than anyone elses

I actually agree with this. But he was off the scale cringeworthy. I first came across him when driving home from City evening games. I thought it was a wind up at first.
    Yes , my mother was perfect for his type of show but she couldn't bear him

International

He's rubbish, surprised he's still going.